Sell Secures the Win at Clear Lake - YAB 6/19/21

MKA

Sell Secures the Win at Clear Lake - YAB 6/19/21

Post by MKA »

20210619_083043.jpg
https://www.fishermanswarehouse.com/

Yak-A-Bass (YAB) held their 5th. regular season event and West Coast Championship qualifier event on Clear Lake on Saturday, 6/19/21. 90 anglers showed up to brave the heat and they were rewarded with some steady action. 564 bass were submitted, 62 of the 90 anglers secured a five fish limit and there were 16 limits that were 90 inches or more!

York Sell of Kelseyville, CA cashed in on the home field advantage and was able to secure the win with an impressive 96.50-inch limit that included 2 fish over 20 inches. York reported that he relocated to Clear Lake in January of this year due to the remote nature of his work. He routinely can be found out on the lake after work exploring and practicing new techniques. York had spent the week before the tournament hitting different spots to check on fish size and activity and had narrowed it down to a few key productive areas for game day. On Friday, he fished a new area (Henderson Point) and found a solid frog bite up against the rocks. Sell started there on competition day but was only able to get one frog bite. He abandoned the point and went to one of his other key areas in the Horseshoe Bend area. Between 7 and 8:30 AM he proceeded to catch all 5 of the fish that he submitted for the win on a Texas rigged Brush Hog fished in 3 to 15 feet of water. “I was totally shocked that I won it. There are a bunch of sticks out there. I got lucky and ran into the right fish”, said Sell.

Big fish of the tournament was landed by Dylan Lee of Stockton, CA at 22.75 inches. This kicker fish helped to secure his 6th. place finish and is his TourneyX PB.

Here’s your top ten:
1. York Sell – 96.50 inches
2. Tas Moua – 95.75 inches
3. Dang Xiong – 94.25 inches
4. Jonathan Harvey – 93.75 inches
5. Tony Gonzalez – 93.75 inches
6. Dylan Lee – 93.25 inches
7. Griffith Garrabrandt – 93.25 inches
8. Gilbert Garcia – 92.25 inches
9. David Baker – 91.75 inches
10. Maximillian Krieg – 91.00 inches

Up next for YAB is Lake McClure on 7/24/21.