G. Loomis Expediter service...Update

Kelly Ripa

G. Loomis Expediter service...Update

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I am dumbstruck at how bad the expediter program for G Loomis has become. If someone even mentions a rod on this site after what seems very little deliberation from the crowd Gary Dobyns will usually come on board and give his expert advice.
I say this because it is all to apparent now that G. Loomis as I knew it is flat gone. It was absorbed by Shimano and when you call Loomis about whatever you are going to sit on hold listening to a Shimano ad until you hang up because nobody is answering the phone.
It now seems you have to have proof of purchase on rods. I finally got some info from my e-mail inquiry on how to run the new gambit of their electronic warranty program and I still have not been able to register my rod 1 month later much less get it replaced as it is pre 2020 and it has no warranty info on the blank. Doesn't the very name expediter imply speed?
Imagine Gary takes the time to talk online about a top water rod on a bass website. Ya think the guy with his fingers on the pulse of this industry is going to be there for you now and in the future? Versus what I have watched happen in manufacturing my whole life. I worked for a company that had 42 patents in the metal stamping industry. The Chinese bought us ...said they weren't going to change a thing. 2 years later all the equipment and know how (patents) of an amazing company were in crates bound for the pacific rim.
It seems Gary has your back on what YOU are after as his rods can attest. Shimano ? Only interested in bottom line it would seem. I use Gary Dobyns name as I can think of very few companies in the fishing industry that represent themselves as well or better and it is to be commended.
I will continue the struggle with Loomis as it's more than $ on the line it's the principle.
One thing I will warrant.. :P ..Loomis rods in my future will only be replacement
Last edited by Kelly Ripa on Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
JL

Re: G. Loomis Expediter service...

Post by JL »

Gary Dobyn's is a Straight Up Guy!
Csuhchris

Post by Csuhchris »

No brainer! Buy Dobyns!
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Its been about 3 years since I last used the Expeditor service for Loomis. I did it on line, and received a call the next day and was told that they no longer made an IMX 843s and asked if an IMX Pro 843s would be ok. I asked if there was any additional charge to make up the difference, and was told NO !! I received the rod in a few days, tried it out and didn't like the new handle on the IMX Pro, so I posted it up for trade on WB and swapped it with a local guy that had the older model. He was happy and so was I. Only 4 of my over 30 rods are not Loomis, so, I'm hoping I don't break another one soon !! Like I said, this was 3 yrs ago !
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Good luck with that Mitch. All I can say is you will never talk to someone at Loomis again. It's all on you to get all 30 of those rods registered through the system that I have not managed to get one through. It's funny because I hate this rod as it is nothing like what it replaced as it is an expediter rod from 3 years ago. You don't call them anymore so when you can't register the rod you didn't buy but received from them but since that box can't be checked as it doesn't exist I sat 3 1/2 hours waiting on hold in total one day only to be told it's all done online now. They sent me 2 pages of notes on how to navigate the system but ....The new system does not have anyway for you to ask a question so you are just going to love your new warranty program as much as I do. If it wasn't for the price of the thing I wouldn't bother and would never bother with the brand ever again. I typed in a very specific rod and all the specifics in the area you need to fill out to register the rod and I had to sort through over 50 rods to find it. It was there but why do I have to sort through fly rods and 5 piece travel rods and such when I gave them the frick'n very number they still sell this rod under? Pure BS and as I said I will only be replacing whatever of my 12 ancient Loomis let's go and maybe by then I will have figured how to expedite this one rod...5 weeks and counting and it's all my fault I can assure you :wink:
LET'S GO BRANDON
BigWorm

Post by BigWorm »

That is unfortunate you had trouble…. I just received my replacement G Loomis rod using the “expeditor” service last week. I had zero issues getting through on the phone the first time I called and the customer service rep was very helpful…. I never did warranty my rod nor did not have to provide any “proof of purchase” either, just pay the $100 no questions asked expeditor fee. The rod I broke was one of the original green ‘drops shot’ rods and not in system anymore, but the CSR did some digging and agreed a new IMX Pro was the equivalent replacement. I did have to wait two months for the rod I wanted to come into stock since inventory was low. All I have to do is send back the complete broken rod with the PRE-PAID return tag they sent with my replacement.
That is my recent experience anyways, it was a very smooth process…
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Hell I am impressed that you talked to someone. I am still waiting for a response from them. They say they will answer your query in 24-48 hours tomorrow is 4 days out without a peep. I cannot get them on the phone during my allotted breaks and 30 minute lunch. I call and put it on speaker phone,hang up, and get back to what I am doing everyday along with the e-mail to them that's about all I am capable of as the are closed for the day when I get done with work. It'll get taken care of but I don't have to like it. The last rod I broke I was railroaded into a totally useless saltwater rod as they had nothing that even resembled my favorite rod. I took the replacement straight to my nearest tackle shop and sold it on consignment. I am extremely happy with the rod I found to replace it as it was 1/3 the cost and so far I have not missed or lost a fish with it. So the rods have evolved in the 35 years or more since I went all in on Loomis and I don't feel any need to stay stuck on any brands anymore. Besides I'm so old now anything I buy will last longer than I will... :wink:
LET'S GO BRANDON
smallmouth00

Post by smallmouth00 »

Broke my 852c blue nrx..called today talked to gloomis new 1 in the mail tomorrow have in 3 days 130 for warranty..
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I got it registered and applied for the rod online it is now the subject of case number whatever and has had no action since I did what was asked of me. Going on 7 weeks. I am going to lie at work tomorrow and call these MF's and get my rod or maybe not as it hasn't quite been as big of a pain in the *** as it could be I'm sure there is a special twist left :lol:
LET'S GO BRANDON
smallmouth00

Post by smallmouth00 »

Call early morning..if not takes 20 min on-hold..i have called 2x 9am no problems talking to.them on the phone
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I called at 8;10 this morning...45 minutes on hold . Ten Minutes for them to figure out that they have inadvertently made my expediter a warranty claim. I upgraded the rod to the rod it should have been 4 years ago paid with my credit card your good to go. Oh they are on back order. I'll wait.Okay. Come home and have an email to complete my purchase. There it is.... the wrong rod and they want the same card information. I completed the transaction but I was right. The twist was no rod...either way right or wrong zip. But paid for :wink: >>> Twice I think :shock:

Rip
LET'S GO BRANDON
smallmouth00

Post by smallmouth00 »

Dam.sorry to here that with gloomis..been using ther rods for 20 years now and never had any issues with ther customer service
Kelly Ripa

Re: G. Loomis Expediter service...update

Post by Kelly Ripa »

So I posted this starting the 20th of June and really it was like 5 weeks for me to come on the site and say something about it So here is my update

Despite assurances from the customer rep that the 722 rod ( the right rod ) was coming my way when they make it as it is on back order a 721 rod ( the wrong rod ) showed up at my house ( last Friday.) and a day later I got an e-mail that a rod had shipped. I waited until Monday and e-mailed the poor Rat B*$T@RD Customer rep at Loomis who is taking care of me. He got it wrong and essentially I was right they screwed up and there were two rods in my expediter cart. I got to pay the shipping on a label he sent me to ship the new wrong rod back with????? Frankly I had turned away and was leaving as it was a return when the woman told me the amount. I paid to send the wrong rod back and while I was charged twice for expediter service it was all resolved because I am told one was pending because they had me down for two rods and only shipped the one. Now that the wrong rod has been returned. I got another e-mail with another return label attachment for when the correct rod is sent to me. They say that will be in December. They are in a nutshell * Pathetic *

Rip
LET'S GO BRANDON
fishwithwill

Re: G. Loomis Expediter service...Update

Post by fishwithwill »

I have built rods on GLOOMIS blanks, bought factory rods and have returned both due to breakage...I had benchmark, stellar service from GLOOMIS pre Shimano...Since Shimano took over GLOOMIS, I have been very disappointed...I don't pick up GLOOMIS rods when I am at shops because I know I won't be buying one. It sucks to give up on GLOOMIS but Shimano service sucks.