Top bass lake in the nation

WB Staff

Top bass lake in the nation

Post by WB Staff »

Top bass lake in the nation.jpg
Longview’s Lee Livesay holds up his big bass for the crowd on at the Sabine River Authority on Lake Fork. Livesay won the the Guaranteed Rate Bassmaster Elite Tournament at Lake Fork. Lake Fork was recently named the nation’s top bass fishery by Bassmaster Magazine.

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — A study by the Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation shows that in the past year nearly 55 million Americans have gone fishing. Those eager anglers hunting for giants need to look no further than Texas according to Bassmaster Magazine’s annual ranking of 100 Best Bass Lakes.

Lake Fork, renowned for producing giant bass, has been named the No. 1 fishery in the U.S. for 2021.

“Creating the rankings takes more than two months as we dig through current tournament data as well as state fishery information on stocking efforts, catch rates and angler access,” explained Bassmaster Magazine Editor-in-Chief James Hall. “Folks found respite in the outdoors, and many of them fished for the first time. That may have put more pressure on lakes than normal, and some fisheries were impacted. Still, other lakes, which may not have been exposed previously to tournaments, shined brightly.

READ IT ALL: https://www.marshallnewsmessenger.com/s ... 56401.html
Otay Michael

Re: Top bass lake in the nation

Post by Otay Michael »

Delta ranked #2!

Headed up there again next week. Delta or Clearlake, which is fishing better?
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
jaime7819

Re: Top bass lake in the nation

Post by jaime7819 »

My personal, biased opinion, is that Clearlake is 3x a better fishery.
Larry Hemphill

Pay atention to the record heat this weekend!

Post by Larry Hemphill »

Wherever you are fishing in the next few days, the upcoming heat spell will change something
about the bite.
These may be the hottest few days ever in Nor Cal. Time will tell. Maybe 112-113? Wow!!
Find the coolest water or depth you can as the bass will need to be there.
Otay Michael

Re: Pay atention to the record heat this weekend!

Post by Otay Michael »

Larry Hemphill wrote:Wherever you are fishing in the next few days, the upcoming heat spell will change something
about the bite.
These may be the hottest few days ever in Nor Cal. Time will tell. Maybe 112-113? Wow!!
Find the coolest water or depth you can as the bass will need to be there.
Wow. Glad I had to postpone teaching a photo workshop in Carmel until next month, and thus the Delta trip too! Now going out on overnight trip to get bluefin down here. It's been 'off the hook'! :lol: :roll:
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.