Goodbye for now, Tackle Warehouse

The Himester

Goodbye for now, Tackle Warehouse

Post by The Himester »

It's was good pre-pandemic, but now, I've been little frustrated with turnaround times. Perhaps I got spoiled with their old way of doing business. Usually, after a weekend of fishing, on the following Monday, I could make an order from TW, and like clockwork, I'd get it, sometimes the next day and be set for the next weekend. I recently compiled an order on TW, and BAM, estimated 2 weeks.

This is not a slam against TW. It is what it is. So, as most people, when something isn't working right for you, you look for alternatives.

So I decided I'd try Fishermans Warehouse after I saw 2 weeks from TW. I ordered $157 worth of tackle on Wed, and to my surprise, recv'd it on Friday, and of course, free shipping. This meets, and/or beats Tackle Warehouse pre-pandemic. Perhaps FW doesn't have all of what TW has, but for me, they now earn my business moving forward.
toddmc

Re: Goodbye for now, Tackle Warehouse

Post by toddmc »

Anybody want to fill in the details on why TW is struggling? I understand that they can't get a lot of their products because of covid, but why is shipping so slow? Do they not have enough employees to fill orders, or do they not have the right shipping company, or both?
TonyM

Post by TonyM »

I dont know the reason for their recent problems, but it’s not the shipping companies they use as they would probably like us to believe. I paid more and selected my last order to be shipped via UPS just to test it. As always, I made sure what I ordered was in stock. That order didnt ship for over 2 weeks with either. Lots of other businesses use UPS and shipments go out in a timely manner. The delays are on TW’s end.
rico

Post by rico »

TW is not a giant company, even though they sell a ton of merchandise. The staff has been cut back due to COVID. They're probably backed up with orders and I'm sure they want to get them out as fast as you want to receive them. 2-3 people can't do everything that a full staff can.
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

rico wrote:TW is not a giant company, even though they sell a ton of merchandise. The staff has been cut back due to COVID. They're probably backed up with orders and I'm sure they want to get them out as fast as you want to receive them. 2-3 people can't do everything that a full staff can.
This is exactly what I was assuming. It's not the shipping companies. I have ordered from vendors who use the same shipping companies and received my items in a timely manner.It's not having enough staff on-hand to pick/pull, package, and ship the orders. TW probably laid off a bunch of people because of covid and those people don't want to come back to work for minimum wage because they're making double off of unemployment.
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

If they have the money to put on tournaments and give away cash and merchandise in the process than I hardly think the company is as small as 2-3 people. I think they are pissing off a few folks but are building something bigger and better elsewhere(not California). San Luis Obispo is a college town so they darn near have free labor... so lame as the excuses are that we have all heard...It will be interesting to see what reality is when the fog clears. One thing is clear they have done little or nothing to rectify the situation in months.
Last edited by Kelly Ripa on Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
blkdog812
Location: "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be

Post by blkdog812 »

its not a shipping problem its a fulfiment product puller issue. when they do fill an in stock item order avg three weeks later, it ships at noon and i have it next day by noon. Stop blaming the shippers
Never argue with an idiot; He'll beat you to death with stupidity.
I AM NOT SAYING THERE SHOULD BE CAPITAL PUNISHMENT FOR STUPIDITY,
BUT, WHY DON'T WE JUST TAKE THE SAFETY LABELS OFF OF EVERYTHING
AND LET THE PROBLEM SOLVE ITSELF?"
ZacktheWop

Post by ZacktheWop »

The Himester wrote:It's was good pre-pandemic, but now, I've been little frustrated with turnaround times. Perhaps I got spoiled with their old way of doing business. Usually, after a weekend of fishing, on the following Monday, I could make an order from TW, and like clockwork, I'd get it, sometimes the next day and be set for the next weekend. I recently compiled an order on TW, and BAM, estimated 2 weeks.

This is not a slam against TW. It is what it is. So, as most people, when something isn't working right for you, you look for alternatives.

So I decided I'd try Fishermans Warehouse after I saw 2 weeks from TW. I ordered $157 worth of tackle on Wed, and to my surprise, recv'd it on Friday, and of course, free shipping. This meets, and/or beats Tackle Warehouse pre-pandemic. Perhaps FW doesn't have all of what TW has, but for me, they now earn my business moving forward.
I'm with you. I love their selection but the turn around times have gotten insane. I started ordering through thehookuptackle.com . They have a super solid selection (especially if you are into higher endbe/japanesese baits and gea and free shipping over 50 bucks that takes about 2-3 days to get to me in Northern California. Plus the best customer service you could ask for.

r)
MRoy

Post by MRoy »

There seem to be major supply chain problems for most of the big retailers, so I'm guessing it's not TW's fault. A lot of the tackle that was easy to get until last year is out of stock a lot of the time in many shops now. Might be good to order important stuff in advance.
185vsfrog

Post by 185vsfrog »

It seems that they are getting somewhat back to normal. I ordered through them Friday GSO/GLA shipping and it is supposed to be delivered today. Maybe they have turned things around.
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Kelly Ripa wrote:If they have the money to put on tournaments and give away cash and merchandise in the process than I hardly think the company is as small as 2-3 people. I think they are pissing off a few folks but are building something bigger and better elsewhere(not California). San Luis Obispo is a college town so they darn near have free labor... so lame as the excesses are that we have all heard...It will be interesting to see what reality is when the fog clears. One thing is clear they have done little or nothing to rectify the situation in months.
Pretty sure they have or are opening a distribution center in Atlanta GA. Maybe that's where the focus is. I am with you Kelly, they have plenty of $ for pro staffers and derby sponsorships. Support your local mom and pop. When you need to know how to rig a bait or get your reel spooled they will be there. Rick G
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
SBMike

Post by SBMike »

My last TW order was placed on 4/30/21. I received my order confirmation on 5/1/21. The confirmation acknowledged a shipping date of 5/19/21. All items were noted as being in stock. I wasn’t pressed for the merchandise so I let it fly. Nineteen days to select, box and place a shipping label on the box seems a bit much. The order did ship on 5/19/21. It arrived the next day.

Yesterday I placed a $300 order with Bass Pro Shop never considering Tackle Warehouse for this order. That’s what happens when a company can no longer provide reasonable customer service. The customer finds someone who can. My Bass Pro Shop order is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday. Three days after order placement. That kind of sums it up.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Well, I ordered on Tues, (last week) received a conformation on wed, received the complete order on Fri !! So, I don't see a problem !! Yeah, it used to be 24-48 hr, bet I was satisfied and will keep ordering from them !! ( Maybe they just like me !! LOL )
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
185vsfrog

Post by 185vsfrog »

Mitch wrote:Well, I ordered on Tues, (last week) received a conformation on wed, received the complete order on Fri !! So, I don't see a problem !! Yeah, it used to be 24-48 hr, bet I was satisfied and will keep ordering from them !! ( Maybe they just like me !! LOL )

Yes to confirm got my order today (ordered Friday and revived today). Super happy with the fast shipping once again. Hope it stays that way!!!
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Ordered Saturday here on Monday. Yes, Rick backing the little guy or keeping it local is a Mantra of mine.
LET'S GO BRANDON
mike at robo

Post by mike at robo »

It’s back to normal now , 4 orders in a row I got within 2 days !!!!
Blacktail 8541

Post by Blacktail 8541 »

mike at robo wrote:It’s back to normal now , 4 orders in a row I got within 2 days !!!!

Same here.
Angler Waki

Post by Angler Waki »

It's back now!? Nice!! I need to order some new stuff!
toddmc

Post by toddmc »

I got my order last week to SoCal in 36 hrs. with regular shipping. They won't usually let you order out of stock items. This may help some orders arrive on time.
Mark-C

Post by Mark-C »

For all you guys getting fast turn around on your orders did you use regular shipping? When you got the order confirmation did it still say several weeks for processing? I placed an order last night and the confirmation says 15 days just to process
MaxRabbit

Post by MaxRabbit »

Mark-C wrote:For all you guys getting fast turn around on your orders did you use regular shipping? When you got the order confirmation did it still say several weeks for processing? I placed an order last night and the confirmation says 15 days just to process

I have placed 2 orders in the last 2 weeks with regular shipping and received the items in 3 days or less for both orders. Mostly terminal tackle, crankbaits and some plastics. These shipped to Reno, NV for reference.
Mark-C

Post by Mark-C »

MaxRabbit wrote:
Mark-C wrote:For all you guys getting fast turn around on your orders did you use regular shipping? When you got the order confirmation did it still say several weeks for processing? I placed an order last night and the confirmation says 15 days just to process

I have placed 2 orders in the last 2 weeks with regular shipping and received the items in 3 days or less for both orders. Mostly terminal tackle, crankbaits and some plastics. These shipped to Reno, NV for reference.
Thanks for this info. Did your order confirmation say it would ship in a few days or was it like mine that says 15 days to process?
MaxRabbit

Post by MaxRabbit »

Thanks for this info. Did your order confirmation say it would ship in a few days or was it like mine that says 15 days to process?[/quote]

Interestingly enough no... infact the last one got here so fast TW's website still said it was processing. haha.
bassdaddy

Post by bassdaddy »

I placed an order 11 days ago and I'm still waiting for shipping information...just saying.
sdavis24

Post by sdavis24 »

Ordered last Friday, came on Tuesday. (Rod + reel/lures/etc.)
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

If you look on the site it is clear: Shipping is still as I said weeks ago....

6.21.21 - Shipping Delay Update

--Orders placed by 12:30 PT--

Ground - 16 Days*
GSO - No Delay*
Postal - 14 Days*
International - 14 Days*
UPS 2-Day** - No Delay*
UPS Overnight** - No Delay*

*Includes Weekends
**Currently 2-Day & Overnight Shipping is Available, but $5 2-Day & $10 Overnight Pricing is Suspended.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. - TW Staff

Because you are in AZ. You probably do not have the GSO option
LET'S GO BRANDON
marinerfandave

Post by marinerfandave »

Ordered on Tuesday and received it today, two day turnaround. I'd say thing are better at TW :D
pd

Post by pd »

Yeah they’re doing fine now, but damn when are we getting some Revenge blades back in stock?? :twisted: