Clear Lake ramps

aaafffqqq

Clear Lake ramps

Post by aaafffqqq »

Can anyone tell me which ramps are open at Clear Lake? I have heard Library Park is but wondering about Redbud and the State Park.
On The Water Guide Service

Re: Clear Lake ramps

Post by On The Water Guide Service »

Red bud is still open and so is county park. I’ve been launching at county park but it is getting sketchy and has a couple weeks at best until they close it. State park is pretty much a no go unless your launching a kayak or a small boat. 5th street at Library park is still operational but I would suggest launching early to get a parking spot. Not sure about the oaks ramp. Haven’t been there in a couple months

Troy
BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER

Post by BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER »

Oaks was still open as of Fri and probably will be for a while... They've marked the dock where the ramp ends under water so you know

worst algae bloom going on down there that I've seen in 20 years
D9F68741-ED90-4899-A3FF-22905F166A81.jpeg
Pat

Post by Pat »

I was at Redbud and the Oaks on Tuesday and Wednesday July 6 & 7. Both are usable, but be cautious. I recommend using your trolling motor anytime you are inside the buoys/channel markers. A few weeks ago I tagged a rock coming into Redbud when the wind pushed me to the left a little ways. Stay inside the channel markers, those are the Red and Green buoys. You want the red on your right coming in (Red, Right, Returning) and on your left going out. It was still safe to use your big motor to power onto the trailer. As the picture shows, the algae at the Oaks is BAD, and it stinks. I attribute this to the fairly consistent wind from the NW blowing it in and then it just stays there and continues to grow.. At one point Clearlake Tackle was saying they were going to close after 4th of July, last week they were still open and indicated they are no longer planning to close, at least for the near term.