Indian Valley Reservoir

bass king

Indian Valley Reservoir

Post by bass king »

Anybody ever fish this place? I always heard it was kind of a rough road to get there. It appears huge groups of people are coming here often and taking a ton of fish and keeping them. Do a YouTube search.
changher

Re: Indian Valley Reservoir

Post by changher »

Not many boats go there because of the unpaved roads (can get pretty ugly). Although the lake is at a remote location (very long dirt road that leads to the lake), the fishing (bass, catfish, and crappie) there can be very good. Spoke to a friend that went there a month or two ago that the water level was very low. He said catfish fishing was great along with bass.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Also the speed limit on the lake is 10 mph. And it is at least occasionally enforced by the Sherriff
Larry Hemphill

Post by Larry Hemphill »

All boats and tow vehicles that come out of there are the same color - basic dust!!

I haven't been there for many years. Felt the fishing didn't match the effort - dirt road, cleaning every inch
of the boat after, dangerous rocks and trees. Don't know if it is any better now. Didn't want to guide there.

I even fished a night tournament there - VERY carefully!!! I won, so it was worth it I guess.

Nothing against the lake, I liked it. It was just a difficult trip in and out. Road better now?
PeteD

Post by PeteD »

Fished There Many, Many, Moons ago. Loads of carp, 13 Mile gravel road, drove in at night with my windows opened (bad Move) Truck was full of dust, Allot of rattle snakes also. Be careful.
Larry Hemphill

Not my favorite lake

Post by Larry Hemphill »

I fished the lake many times about 10 years ago as it was a new "toy!"
Quickly found out it wasn't worth the time it took to clean up truck and boat after!!!
Even night fished it once and didn't hit a single tree!! Bite was ok in the moonlight
I quickly realized Clear lake was a much better option - safer and only tulles and some rocks (mostly)!
Since I like catching trophy bass, my chances of catching them was better at Clear Lake and Amador
Dave Brabec

Post by Dave Brabec »

Indian valley is very low now. Its a fun place when its full. I wont tow a boat back there but have taken the kayak.Used to be one of the best kokanee lakes in Ca. My first bass there was a 6.5