Bigger bags out of the Columbia than the Ca Delta

fishwithwill

Bigger bags out of the Columbia than the Ca Delta

Post by fishwithwill »

Man, this post covid world is a trip...reading through some posts today from weekend tournaments from the Columbia River and the Ca Delta was an eye opener...bigger bags out of the Columbia than the Delta... makes me think we don't know how to catch our fish in the summer...what's up with that? Are they better fishermen? Is our fishery stressed? Is the Columbia growing and will be better and better in coming years? Was it just an anomaly? Interesting nonetheless. I'm goin fishin, over.
Kentuck

Re: Bigger bags out of the Columbia than the Ca Delta

Post by Kentuck »

Primrose is killing the Delta
Smokie

Post by Smokie »

i fished the co side of the wild west on the columbia, ended up sticking the 3rd biggest fish on the co side for a big fish check and saw all those small mouth come outta there and lets just say ill be back very soon... big bags of brown dudes is wayyyy more fun than big sacks of green dudes all day imo... but boy oh boy do i love the delta topwater bite too, both are special in their own right
Attachments
wild west stage.jpg
Smokie

Post by Smokie »

i've known about the delta forever, but i just found out about how good the columbia can be too, and just like the delta, its sketchy running bass boats too, but dang its got some big ol small jawl in it and if u find em some extra big *** green dudes too... dang place is equal to the golden corral if your a bass that is...
fishwithwill

Post by fishwithwill »

Hahahaha...you said Golden Corral for bass...that's funny...I have just two bucket list fishing destinations/species but I guess I am adding Columbia bass to that list...
Smokie

Post by Smokie »

**** just two places on the bucket list, mine you need an actual bucket to fit the list... i have a self promise to hit new water every year both lakes and rivers, i do alot of steelhead chasing in the winter too...
fishwithwill

Post by fishwithwill »

Yeah. Northern pike/muskies and giant trevally (i want to use a fly the size of a seagull) but definitely adding Columbia trash fish to that list LoL
Smokie

Post by Smokie »

id like to go catchin dino's on the columbia, never did a sturgeon trip yet... but holy snikes batman, the smalljaw up there are epic, and theres a bunch o bunches of em just waiting on me to come back...