If you lived in Carmichael Where would you launch - Delta

zethkinnettfishing

If you lived in Carmichael Where would you launch - Delta

Post by zethkinnettfishing »

Where would the closest launch with decent bassin be? Just moved here. Had the boat at Rivers End until we moved in. Bassin was decent down there. But don't wan't to drive all the way there or even all the way to russos etc. So give me some good launch spots. Thanks.
marinerfandave

Re: If you lived in Carmichael Where would you launch - Delta

Post by marinerfandave »

I'm assuming you are not talking stripers because they have those in the Sacramento River and so that would be closest at a marina up there. For largemouth I would think somewhere down in Stockton off I-5 would be closest for you and get you fishing quickest. I'm not looking at any maps right now but from what I know of where you are, that would make sense to me. I'm sure you can check it online and do some research to decide what's best. I know a lot of tournaments are held out of Ladd's in Stockton which is slightly West off I-5 and on the San Joaquin River.
BruceSaewhat

Post by BruceSaewhat »

Paradise marine or wimpy
TRIXGOTAFISH

Post by TRIXGOTAFISH »

Sent you a pm

You can also try Ladds it's about 1hr away
Topwater All Day

Post by Topwater All Day »

Hey Zeth,

If you want to fish the north Delta area, which is the closest, then New Hope is a great place to launch - lot's of good places to explore! If you want to fish the central Delta, then Paradise or B&W are excellent choices. And if you plan on going south you can launch from Brannan Island, Ladd's or make the long drive down to Big Break or Russos. Take a look at a map and you can get a pretty good picture of where everything is at.

Just starting out on the Delta, I would launch from New Hope and run south a little to fish Beaver, Hog & Sycamore sloughs and you'll get a pretty good idea of what the Delta is all about. Best advice I was ever given on the Delta was to focus on one small area at a time and learn how it fishes - don't try and see or fish the whole place at once!

And always check the tides before you go: https://deltaboating.com/tides/tidesj.html

Good luck man!
Rob Ridge
Folsom Bass Team
zethkinnettfishing

Post by zethkinnettfishing »

Topwater All Day wrote:Hey Zeth,

If you want to fish the north Delta area, which is the closest, then New Hope is a great place to launch - lot's of good places to explore! If you want to fish the central Delta, then Paradise or B&W are excellent choices. And if you plan on going south you can launch from Brannan Island, Ladd's or make the long drive down to Big Break or Russos. Take a look at a map and you can get a pretty good picture of where everything is at.

Just starting out on the Delta, I would launch from New Hope and run south a little to fish Beaver, Hog & Sycamore sloughs and you'll get a pretty good idea of what the Delta is all about. Best advice I was ever given on the Delta was to focus on one small area at a time and learn how it fishes - don't try and see or fish the whole place at once!

And always check the tides before you go: https://deltaboating.com/tides/tidesj.html

Good luck man!
Thanks Rob. See you at the meeting...
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

BruceSaewhat wrote:Paradise marine or wimpy
This right here - Paradise Marine is just off i5 in Lodi and drops you in the Middle of the Delta. B&W is a bit further down but good access to the Mo and the Tract.

I like Paradise marine.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/