Lowrance Active Target - HELP

mccart125

Lowrance Active Target - HELP

Post by mccart125 »

Looking for any help from a Lowrance rep or expert on this site.

Purchased a 9" FS as well as the active target back in Nov. Did not receive until April. The directional cone on the unit has never worked and I am only getting some visibility to about 10 ft, this is in forward mode. Scout mode about the same. I have been on the phone with Lowrance support 12-15 times. I have since replaced the black box as well as the transducer with the same results. Maybe the graph is the issue but due to the lack of detail and directional challenges, I think not.

I am on the latest code 20.3.

Is there someone local to CA, preferably the Bay Area that is an expert with Active Target? I have put so much effort into getting this to work I want to get this resolved.

Thanks in advance.
Mike
Fishermans Warehouse Megastore

Re: Lowrance Active Target - HELP

Post by Fishermans Warehouse Megastore »

I haven’t gotten mine yet. I have one ordered so I can learn more about Live, but a friend just put one on his boat last week and you can see bass eating his worm dropshotting! Sounds like the transducer could be aimed wrong. Lowrance has been pretty helpful so far!

Alan Fong
Fisherman's Warehouse Sacramento
(916) 362-1200
JL

Post by JL »

Try posting your question on the Bass Boat Central board. Use the Lowrance forum!
Mark 1

Post by Mark 1 »

I found that after making sure my transducer was downloaded to the latest software upgrade there was another step which I learned after watching Marc Marcantonio's you tube video #2. In essence, it requires you to go into your settings to insure that your unit is reading the transducer correctly. My issue, like yours was resolved.
Marc

Post by Marc »

Also post a picture of your transducer mounted to your trolling motor. It would be very helpful.
www.RangerBoats.com
www.Evinrude.com
www.QuickDropsWeights.com
www.Yamamoto.Baits.com
www.Lamiglas.com
www.Gamakatsu.com
www.LuckyCraft.com
www.Lowrance.com
www.TransducerShieldandSaver.com
mccart125

Post by mccart125 »

EF1DA79C-B5B6-4091-A810-0F4C84C2D4DE.jpeg
Here is the transducer mount.

Thanks for the help.
Mike
mccart125

Post by mccart125 »

Mark 1 wrote:I found that after making sure my transducer was downloaded to the latest software upgrade there was another step which I learned after watching Marc Marcantonio's you tube video #2. In essence, it requires you to go into your settings to insure that your unit is reading the transducer correctly. My issue, like yours was resolved.
Yea. I've done this several times. On the water and at home. I've seen Marc's video's several times to ensure all settings are correct.

Thanks
Marc

Post by Marc »

Move your transducer 10" above the top of your motor. Make sure both your Active Target and your Lowrance unit are both updated to 20.3. Let me know how this works for you.
www.RangerBoats.com
www.Evinrude.com
www.QuickDropsWeights.com
www.Yamamoto.Baits.com
www.Lamiglas.com
www.Gamakatsu.com
www.LuckyCraft.com
www.Lowrance.com
www.TransducerShieldandSaver.com