Delta spinnerbaits

Riley201dc

Delta spinnerbaits

Post by Riley201dc »

Hey trying my hand at making my own spinnerbaits. Mostly fish the delta and some lakes around here. What blade colors, types and sizes you guys like. This is a 3.5 and a 5. Caught some fish on it so far. Wanted to pick up some Colorado’s to try also.
Attachments
image.jpg
BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER

Re: Delta spinnerbaits

Post by BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER »

Double gold willow is alway a good standard. I use a lot of #2 gold Colorado with a #5 or #7 Indiana (or mag willow) in both gold and copper. That copper really throws a great red flash in dirty water...... take a look a the old Hank Parker Classic baits

Also, I'm not a fan of lite wire baits at all. Most people will say the lighter the wire the better the vibration. Put a big enough rear blade on there and you'll get plenty of vibration. Lite wire baits get destroyed by swinging a few fish or by using braid......... we lost a TOC at Clear Lake a few years ago by .5 lbs after crushing the field on day 1 because of a fricken lite wire blade that broke on a good fish on day 2
Riley201dc

Post by Riley201dc »

BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER wrote:Double gold willow is alway a good standard. I use a lot of #2 gold Colorado with a #5 or #7 Indiana (or mag willow) in both gold and copper. That copper really throws a great red flash in dirty water...... take a look a the old Hank Parker Classic baits

Also, I'm not a fan of lite wire baits at all. Most people will say the lighter the wire the better the vibration. Put a big enough rear blade on there and you'll get plenty of vibration. Lite wire baits get destroyed by swinging a few fish or by using braid......... we lost a TOC at Clear Lake a few years ago by .5 lbs after crushing the field on day 1 because of a fricken lite wire blade that broke on a good fish on day 2
Thanks and that sucks. I will try that out
monte300

Post by monte300 »

I don’t throw a lot of spinnerbaits but when I do on the Delta I like 3/4 or 1 ounce heads. Because of current 1/2 ounce or less tend to get swept away as soon as they hit the water