Jones Wins Final WWBT Regular Season Event

MKA

Jones Wins Final WWBT Regular Season Event

Post by MKA »

Shane Jones.jpg
The final regular season event for the Wild West Bass Trail (WWBT) Kayak Series was held on Sunday, 9/12. Anglers were able to choose from any publicly accessible body of water in California 200 acres or greater.
Shane Jones of Riverbank, CA chose Lake Tulloch.

Shane shared the key to his success:
"I had been on a pattern for a couple weeks prior with a dropshot on main lake points. The day of the tournament, in the early morning my first fish came off a long tapering point on a dropshot using a 5150 Papa Punisher worm with a Spearpoint GP Finesse 2/0 hook. Throughout the day, most of my smaller bites came off some docks back in some cuts. By 9:00 AM, I started hitting some main body docks and rocky points. All 3 of my big fish were on main lake rocky points. Most of my fish were anywhere from 5 feet to 20 feet of water. I focused later in the day on the backside of the docks in 5 to 20 feet hitting the pylon poles. Later in the day, I got a good one off a Bass Union Green Pumpkin jig. I had to cover a lot of water because they were not grouped up like they had been the past couple of week."

Here’s your top ten:
1. Shane Jones – 98.00 inches
2. Carlos Marazzo – 94.50 inches
3. Cy Winkler – 91.50 inches
4. Travis Lear – 90.50 inches
5. Rachel Uribe – 90.25 inches
6. John Myers – 89.25 inches
7. Zachary Christensen – 88.75 inches
8. Donald Bailey – 88.00 inches
9. Calvin Vang – 87.50 inches
10. Michael Navarra – 86.50 inches

Big Fish:
Shane Jones – 21.00 inches
Cy Winkler – 21.00 inches

Next up for the WWBT is the Tournament of Champions (TOC) on 11/13 and 14 at the Thermalito Afterbay.