Go Pro"s In Team Events?

Would you fish a team circuit that required a recording device be ran?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:27 am

Check winners chip each event?
33%
Randomly Ask for chips?
17%
Add Full Cost of Lie Detector consult to each event? about $1000 per event
17%
Not change a thing?
33%

Total votes: 12

DAN

Go Pro"s In Team Events?

Post by DAN »

https://www.fishermanswarehouse.com/

Well with so many new technologies available what about go pro usage as a tool? a series required that you run a back mount gro pro as a verification device would you, NOT For showing spots but if Tournament director ask for chip they can check catches, any missing footage or blank spots NO PAYDAY? This is for VERIFICATION NOT PUBLICATION!
Dan Mathisen
dan_mathisen@att.net
209-612-5028

Ben Green Insurance
gixxer464

Re: Go Pro"s In Team Events?

Post by gixxer464 »

Nope. I can see too many things going wrong with the technology that will cost an honest fisherman a payday.
Smokie

Post by Smokie »

I spent this year running a gopro almost non stop, almost being the keyword here... there was times on a good bite where the battery died and I didnt stop to swap batterys, other times where I hooked gooduns and thought it was rolling but I failed to turn it on... There were times when it still had battery and turned off without intervention from me too. There were also fish I landed from the passenger side of my boat or back deck that persay the landing wasnt on film, but maybe the hookset was... I think the idea of having a cam in place of a marshall is great, but we still got a ways to go before we get there, like gixxer said somebody honest would miss a payday over it catching a cheater probally. I'm a fan of the MLF format of catch weigh/mesure release all in one, thats clearly way better for the bass than getting cruised around the lake and let go somewhere theyre not acclimated too, especially in the dog days of summer... If used right the gopro could cut down on cheaters certainly, but to say opps you didnt film your catch it dont count would cost an honest man before it catches the scum of our sport... Also you need 8-12 batterys to film a full day fishing, and than would need to charge all of them again by the next morning which I always have trouble with on my two day outtings, typically i can only charge half of my day one batterys before i fall asleep for day two... I personally would put up with it given I run the things anyway, and have gotten used to it, but it took me all year of running em to tell u my two cents on what could go wrong with having to use them for certification, I won my first tourney and it was my first event with my new club, I won that one with a five and a half on shasta and certainly had a few guys give me the eye, till I offered them to watch my gopro footage :roll: ... so i see how this could work but I also see how it could screw an honest fisherman who just forgot to poke on, or stuck a dead battery back in it or ect... I think the idea is solid but I just wanted to chime in with how hard it would be to put in play. back at the dock the poor t.d. would have to watch hours of film to confirm the winners, its a good idea but just too much to go wrong in an entire field of anglers competeing, thats my two cents on gopros to make teams more fair
Smokie

Post by Smokie »

For the record boys and girls, go thank your fav you tube fishing goon for all the hardwork they put in to get you content, its hard to get used to talking to casper the friendly camera and I have a new found respect for how much work it takes to make fishing videos all around, so hats off to you guys that went before me. its a learning curve to get used to the camera, and than also be good with computers on top of being a good fisherman or fisherma'am enough to put it all together for the tubes... gopros are rad though and i could see them being used in the future like marshalls in events, the idea is a goodun anyway just way to much can easily go wrong as is
slickone

Post by slickone »

The real deal is this, make all tournaments Solo events, with a marshall period. Then we will see who's really the king of Delta. Because if you really think about it . There's no TRUE GLORY if his story.,.. ONE MAN... ONE Machine..... In my opinion the true definition of professional is winning on your own merits, and the heart of a true competitor should also strive to win on his own merits as a professional would....