Water coming up a little at Clear Lake

WB Staff

Water coming up a little at Clear Lake

Post by WB Staff »

Current levels available at this link https://waterdata.usgs.gov/ca/nwis/uv?11450000

NOTE: The gage was relocated 10/07/2021 due to drought conditions and a correction temporarily applied to previous data pending further analysis (As reported on the above site)
Attachments
clear lake water level nov 19 2021.png
Sam K

Re: Water coming up a little at Clear Lake

Post by Sam K »

Anybody know what's up with Redbud?.....Anybody launch at the Oaks?...
Csuhchris

Post by Csuhchris »

Launched at Oaks this evening.
I definitely prefer 5th street as it supports a greater number of boaters. There were approximately 15 trucks and trailers at Oaks this afternoon.
I have a 19 foot single axle trailer which dropped off the ramp when launching, but no damage… Made sure to keep boat trailer wheels on ramp when putting the boat back on, small little flag on dock marking drop off.

The real challenge with Clear Lake Oaks are the boaters that don’t have any common courtesy to quickly pull out their boats out and then unload gear, secure equipment once clear of the ramp. Usually they end up obstructing the ramp which makes dropping the boat in or picking it up a tad more challenging than it needs to be…
Jboutfishn

Post by Jboutfishn »

"The real challenge with Clear Lake Oaks are the boaters that don’t have any common courtesy to quickly pull out their boats out and then unload gear, secure equipment once clear of the ramp. Usually they end up obstructing the ramp which makes dropping the boat in or picking it up a tad more challenging than it needs to be…"

Seems to be an issue at all launch ramps.
Csuhchris

Post by Csuhchris »

Jboutfishn wrote:"The real challenge with Clear Lake Oaks are the boaters that don’t have any common courtesy to quickly pull out their boats out and then unload gear, secure equipment once clear of the ramp. Usually they end up obstructing the ramp which makes dropping the boat in or picking it up a tad more challenging than it needs to be…"

Seems to be an issue at all launch ramps.

I guess the point I’m trying to make is that ramps with multiple lanes allow you the ability to be not be negatively influenced by knuckleheads. Hence why 5th is definitely superior!
Smokie

Post by Smokie »

back in june i watched a guy rip the axle off his trailer and mangle the fender pretty bad getting out at the oaks, the next day they repainted the flag lines a lil brighter... but he did make me sit on my boat for over an hour waiting for him to figure it out, he caused a decent lil pile up it was right before dark 30 too... it was a big ol bayliner and he destroyed the trailer trying to tug it out over n over till he ripped the rear axle off, took a chunk off the bottom of the ramp too... they did put the heap on the now single axle trailer and i believe towed it off like that... lol... but if you really wanna wait in a boat line come fish a tourney at shasta right now, i waited over two hours for my co to get my truck threw the line a few weeks ago after phils, i caught a better limit too than we had in the tourney right by the ramp waiting on my truck just messing around the cove by the ramp... that waiting limit might have cashed a check it was a 10 something sack but my luck is i do it after we weighed the ones that count.. longest boat line i ever waited on and it was going wicked smooth too nobody was a knucklehead, looking back ill have my guy drive to centimudi and cruise the boat down to the dam next phils screw all that madness... but yeah i used to live by clear lake and the oaks does bring out the labor day trailer crowd often i dont know why that is but it is... looking forward to the new lakeport parking lots if they ever finish all that