Check out the back of this Tracker....

Sam K

Check out the back of this Tracker....

Post by Sam K »

Whoopbass

Re: Check out the back of this Tracker....

Post by Whoopbass »

I'm sure that's an "artist rendition" of what their idea is so I wouldn't say they're here.
An all electric boat that could last all day in most conditions and be able to charge up overnight with no fancy stations sure would be nice.
hydro

Post by hydro »

Standard equipment includes a paddle and distress signal flag to flag down other boaters for a tow back to the ramp .
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

Evidently they're real and the motor is equivalent to a 50 hp outboard will set you back only $16.5K for the motor, battery, and charger. Probably get stuck paying $1500 in sales tax as well.
Says you will get about a 20 mile range. If you want an additional battery to double your range then that's an additional $8500.
They say the demand is high so get your pre-order in. lol
I bet they won't be in business in 2 years.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Troy Lindner has run one for years, with solar panels on it's deck.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

He's sponsored by them so that doesn't mean much. I wonder how often he uses his electric boat versus his gas powered boats?
An electric outboard at that price and range doesn't make sense right now if ever. The only way it works is if the government restricts our choices and freedoms to the point its the only choice.
WRB

Post by WRB »

Don’t Pooh-Pooh Electric outboards motors they are right in CARB wheelhouse.
50hp can be doubled easily with electric power and closer to what bass boaters are looking for.
The price is always high initially but not crazy considering it’s for a turn key system. GM funding expansion means this isn’t going away soon.
Tom
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Now that Hunter has helped the Chinese to buy a 3.8 billion dollar rare earth mine in Africa one really has to admit that we are seriously stupid in this country if we can't see that the only ones going "green" without keeping their energy independence also will be slaves to those who actually have the resources to make these none renewable batteries. Notice the Chinese aren't using the resources for themselves other than to make a buck? Walking straight into this trap with our eyes wide shut IMHO....................Let's go Brandon.
The reason the private trucking industry has left Calif. to our shipping problems is our governance concerning these electric trucks now Mandated by the State. Anyone notice Tesla cancelled their building of an electric truck? It's because Tesla did the math and found they would need 100% of the electrical grid in California just to charge them every night. No Tom it won't be here soon as it's pure pie in the sky drivel driven by elected idiots
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
Kennortonjr

Post by Kennortonjr »

Kelly Ripa wrote:Now that Hunter has helped the Chinese to buy a 3.8 billion dollar rare earth mine in Africa one really has to admit that we are seriously stupid in this country if we can't see that the only ones going "green" without keeping their energy independence also will be slaves to those who actually have the resources to make these none renewable batteries. Notice the Chinese aren't using the resources for themselves other than to make a buck? Walking straight into this trap with our eyes wide shut IMHO....................Let's go Brandon.
The reason the private trucking industry has left Calif. to our shipping problems is our governance concerning these electric trucks now Mandated by the State. Anyone notice Tesla cancelled their building of an electric truck? It's because Tesla did the math and found they would need 100% of the electrical grid in California just to charge them every night. No Tom it won't be here soon as it's pure pie in the sky drivel driven by elected idiots
With all due respect, this is not facebook. A partisan, conspiracy-laden post on a fishing forum would have been looked at as whacko 20 years ago. I realize that’s the state of discourse on social media, but why feed into it here? I visit this site to read fishing/boating information, ideally a reprieve from that sort of thing. What happened to the rules of polite society our forefathers accepted and promoted (religion, politics, etc.)? Obviously a large forum such as this is not going to have uniform beliefs, so why introduce that rhetoric?

Furthermore:

-“Energy independence” should be written “energy ‘independence’” - as I’m sure you know, OPEC’s production largely dictates our gas prices.

-Tesla did not cancel the electric truck and it will be coming out next year. https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-c ... lk-2021-12

Now onto the topic at hand: I think when you look at the direction the automobile industry is unquestionably headed (Ford Lightning for example), it is not surprising that we will see new developments with boat motors over the next few decades. It seems like they are still years away from something tantamount to our beloved Mercurys - but I would guess as Ford/GM/Chevy make developments they will eventually cross over.

Now my question is, what will happen on a lot of the “electric motor only” lakes when you introduce this technology? In my town we have Paradise Lake which limits boaters to electric trolling motors, would they allow people to start whipping around at 35 mph? I doubt it, but perhaps some lakes would open up to proper bass boats with electric motors. What say you?
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

He's talking about semi trucks not 1/2 ton type trucks.
What's wrong with bringing up whatever topic on a fishing forum? If you don't like it don't read it.

Electric motors for boats are not innovation because there is not one category that it excels in. They're at the bottom of the list in every category except noise and exhaust emissions. With the current lithium technology an electric outboard does not make sense.

Electric only lakes could easily impose a HP limit to keep bigger boats off. I doubt size of the boat is the issue so they would just post a 5mph limit on the lake.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Kennortonjr wrote:
Kelly Ripa wrote:Now that Hunter has helped the Chinese to buy a 3.8 billion dollar rare earth mine in Africa one really has to admit that we are seriously stupid in this country if we can't see that the only ones going "green" without keeping their energy independence also will be slaves to those who actually have the resources to make these none renewable batteries. Notice the Chinese aren't using the resources for themselves other than to make a buck? Walking straight into this trap with our eyes wide shut IMHO....................Let's go Brandon.
With all due respect, this is not facebook. A partisan, conspiracy-laden post on a fishing forum would have been looked at as whacko 20 years ago. I realize that’s the state of discourse on social media, but why feed into it here? I visit this site to read fishing/boating information, ideally a reprieve from that sort of thing. What happened to the rules of polite society our forefathers accepted and promoted (religion, politics, etc.)? Obviously a large forum such as this is not going to have uniform beliefs, so why introduce that rhetoric?

Furthermore:

-“Energy independence” should be written “energy ‘independence’” - as I’m sure you know, OPEC’s production largely dictates our gas prices.

-Tesla did not cancel the electric truck and it will be coming out next year. https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-c ... lk-2021-12

Now onto the topic at hand: I think when you look at the direction the automobile industry is unquestionably headed (Ford Lightning for example), it is not surprising that we will see new developments with boat motors over the next few decades. It seems like they are still years away from something tantamount to our beloved Mercurys - but I would guess as Ford/GM/Chevy make developments they will eventually cross over.

Now my question is, what will happen on a lot of the “electric motor only” lakes when you introduce this technology? In my town we have Paradise Lake which limits boaters to electric trolling motors, would they allow people to start whipping around at 35 mph? I doubt it, but perhaps some lakes would open up to proper bass boats with electric motors. What say you?
Exactly.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
PeteD

Post by PeteD »

One more step to eliminating boats on the water.
Once it's real it will be electric only. Don't believe their doing you a favor. The marine Manufacturing Association spent plenty to the demands of creati ng a cleaner engine., and it's still not clean enough.
Where is the end point?
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

Kennortonjr wrote:

Furthermore:

If this is not a Facebook why are you putting your two cents here?
Solar panels to power your boat. Lmao
Biden can’t control gas prices
Isn’t funny as vp we saw 5 dollars a gallon and now again?
Let’s go Brandon
WRB

Post by WRB »

It’s all about greed and we live the greediest state in the union and It an’t changing anytime soon!
CARB has this state by the balls.
Tom
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Yup, the only thing we can do is buck up and pay through the nose for every aspect of our life or get the hell out of the state. I'm seriously considering the latter someday.......
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

monte300 wrote:Yup, the only thing we can do is buck up and pay through the nose for every aspect of our life or get the hell out of the state. I'm seriously considering the latter someday.......
Exactly
And we have many who are terminally ill with a mental disorder of witch there is no cure
Liberal progressive woke
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

Without comment on the politics .......
Dont know about the Tracker motor, but this company in Norway has started making a 150 hp electric OB:
https://www.evoy.no/outboard-electric-motor-boat/
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

$77K for a motor and battery with a 20 mile range. Not to mention no resale value after 10 yrs. :lol: :lol: :lol: