Don Pedro launch fee

Shooter

Don Pedro launch fee

Post by Shooter »

Anyone else notice Don Pedro is raising launch fee to $35 January 1st? I thought $20 was high to begin with. Would like to know their justification for a $15 increase but can’t get a response from the district. Perfect example of price gouging and taking advantage of an unfortunate situation. Highway robbery in my opinion.
monte300

Re: Don Pedro launch fee

Post by monte300 »

That's horrible, are you talking the Fleming Meadows ramp? I remember back in the day one had to take out a second mortgage on their home for a trip to Amador.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

Ridiculous!!!! There's going to be a lot of pissed off people that drive up there and don't know about it.
I always buy a season pass to lakes I fish often. Truck/boat pass for Pedro costs $270. Melones I believe is $70.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

That's enough to keep a lot of clubs from having their tournaments there !!! I McClure doing the same ?? I believe they're both MID Water lakes.
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

Mc Clure is Merced water district and currently $15 to launch and $13 with senior/military discount. No info if they are raising fees. Pedro is Turlock/ Modesto water district. Too bad clubs are locked in tournament schedules this year. Bites better at McClure anyway.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

I’m pretty sure New Hogan is Army Corps of Engineers and is very reasonable, not sure about Camanche?
Kenny847

Post by Kenny847 »

Just looked at the fee schedule and it's 35.00 total a day for day use and boat launch. I agree that's alot of money, many people are going to be very upset.
Attachments
Screenshot_20211216-210624_Samsung Notes.jpg
M Pollard

Post by M Pollard »

Sounds alot like Camanche, next we will have to purchase a 10 fishing lic. on top of your regular fishing lic...
Scott.Burke

Post by Scott.Burke »

rmac100@aol.com

Please write emails of complaint to the above address for Ron Macedo, Director Turlock Irrigation District and board member of Don Pedro Rec agency. I just finished sending one. Tournament directors should consider alternative lakes. Inflation is one thing but to jump to $35?

Scott
Turkeyman

Post by Turkeyman »

It has always pissed me off that as a boater you have to pay a day use fee and a launch fee. A 75% increase for the people that use the least amount of resources at the lake is crazy. Not sure I will renew my yearly pass as I'm only 15 minutes from work to Blue Oaks ramp. I guess I can do Melones (25 min.) or McCLure unless this gets changed.
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

I agree Scott write emails and call them to give them your opinion. I also think tournament directors should consider moving to other lakes if possible. This might hurt turnout and their bottom lines also. I finally got a response from the Recreation Director who claims they have a two million dollar gap between revenues and operating costs. Raising fees is their plan to shrink the gap and he said they are looking at other additional revenue sources. Be prepared for for more increase s. A two million dollar gap didn’t happen over night and I sure haven’t noticed any major improvements in the last 30 years. Sounds like mismanagement to me.
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

$35 indexed for inflation (roughly 1/3rd) the launch fee is really approx $11.

Such a deal!

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
mweiglein

Post by mweiglein »

I'm with Turkeyman on this one. I absolutely guarantee you I will not renew my pass, or even spend that money on a single day-use. By continuing to go there will only show these folks that it was ok to increase like they did. A few bucks increase every year is expected, but this is ridiculous. The only way they will realize how insane this was is to write an email (done) and stop going there..

Melones and McClure have much to offer. And the Delta is only 35 minutes the other direction.. No problem
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

Try Pardee !!
Truck+boat = 16.00
Launch = 10.00
2 guys fishing = 14.50
Try 40.50
scott39

Post by scott39 »

Don Pedro by far has more to offer. Melones = crappy bathrooms, never know if the cleaning stations work, docks are crap, and they dont keep the ramps clean when water drops. Mclure = stupid lake rules and poor water management.
Send those emails!
Dobyns Rods
marvinvaughn

Post by marvinvaughn »

Well I guess us bass fisherman should start keeping our catch. Fish tacos!
Jboutfishn

Post by Jboutfishn »

The annual pass with Golden Passport for Shasta is $75.00
El Jefe

Post by El Jefe »

How bout they charge per person over 2 per vehicle or something like that….cash in on the jackwagons with 13 people in each minivan in the summertime?

Post by 392 »

My son and I have sent emails this is ridiculous
monte300

Post by monte300 »

I haven’t fished Don Pedro in many many years, but I have some good memories of fishing there in my mid twenties early on in my bass fishing addiction. Does anyone remember the 4” purple ringworm that was deadly there in the eighties? I feel bad for those that go there now. I realize they have bills to pay to keep things running, but it shouldn’t be so expensive to put a boat in the water and park a truck.
LookoutRanch

Post by LookoutRanch »

Looks like I’m skipping Pedro this year. That’s insane. By the time we are done putting in $5 diesel and filling a 50 gallon tank it’s adding injury to insult. And yes Pardee is out of control also.
I feel like us paying the same as the folks coming in with 6-8 people then use and abuse the facility should have the same buy in as us. If facilities started charging by the person with launch fee that would be spread it fairly for users and most likely the most lucrative for them. If they want to charge you by how many dogs you have but not the people, that’s stupid to me.
Last edited by LookoutRanch on Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
2017 Ranger Z520C
ETec 250 HO

Let’s Go Brandon
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

270.00 for year around pass at pedro as of jan1st
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
monte300

Post by monte300 »

jiggin4bass wrote:270.00 for year around pass at pedro as of jan1st
My cousin just got his yearly handicapped pass for $180
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Good deal 180.00 not bad at all ill check that out i have a pass i got at yosemite at the gate to get in free with proof of being handicap its also free to get into all army corp lakes for fishing.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Not sure how good the fishery is at New Hogan these days, but because it's Army Corps of Engineers it's very reasonably priced. Black Butte can also be added to ACE list
Popper

Post by Popper »

Build Back Better Launch Ramps :D