“H E L P” HOMEOWNER CARRIER

If it doesn't fit in any other forum, this is where it goes.
RMANZO

“H E L P” HOMEOWNER CARRIER

Post by RMANZO »

Was wondering if any of you guys are insurance brokers. Looking for a company for fire insurance on my home. Most companies, I’m finding out, will only give you insurance on the home w/out fire coverage. So you have to get the “California fair plan” which should have been called the “Unfair” plan. Frigging rediculous how much they want. It’s gonna drive me out of this ripoff state. Any help is greatly appreciated
“BOOK IT”
offthehookbassadventures.com
Facebook OFF THE HOOK BASS ADVENTURES
Instagram Robert Mansor
LookoutRanch

Re: “H E L P” HOMEOWNER CARRIER

Post by LookoutRanch »

Read the fine print on the Fair Plan. Before we moved we were forced to have it after the King Fire. Fine print said only 45% of the structures building expenses. So we pay full price and they only return 45% with contents insured either. My friend was just able to get State Farm and AAA to give them quotes. Might be worth a shot but with my insurance going up 300% I ended up moving. Not worth it if it does burn. Just another way to drive folks out of the country. Sorry you are getting hit with it, just a state money grab.
2017 Ranger Z520C
ETec 250 HO

Let’s Go Brandon
RMANZO

Post by RMANZO »

LookoutRanch wrote:Read the fine print on the Fair Plan. Before we moved we were forced to have it after the King Fire. Fine print said only 45% of the structures building expenses. So we pay full price and they only return 45% with contents insured either. My friend was just able to get State Farm and AAA to give them quotes. Might be worth a shot but with my insurance going up 300% I ended up moving. Not worth it if it does burn. Just another way to drive folks out of the country. Sorry you are getting hit with it, just a state money grab.
Thanks for the response. I will try them on Monday. MERRY CHISTMAS
“BOOK IT”
Instagram Robert Mansor
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Shouldn't we be pissed at developers who build in fire prone areas? It's not like they didn't see the trees.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
rico

Post by rico »

mark poulson wrote:Shouldn't we be pissed at developers who build in fire prone areas? It's not like they didn't see the trees.
Are you serious? It’s hard to believe you posted something as dumb as this
coyote268

Post by coyote268 »

You might also try Liberty Mutual
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

rico wrote:
mark poulson wrote:Shouldn't we be pissed at developers who build in fire prone areas? It's not like they didn't see the trees.
Are you serious? It’s hard to believe you posted something as dumb as this
Considering the source, no it's not hard to believe.
cory

Post by cory »

I’m having the same issue with the fair plan and looking at buying another house in the hills I’ve been quoted anywhere from 10k to 18k a year just for fire insurance not including the home insurance. I’ve found that having triple A has been the cheapest if your bundles I have car , roadside , homeowners and fire through them .
RMANZO

Post by RMANZO »

cory wrote:I’m having the same issue with the fair plan and looking at buying another house in the hills I’ve been quoted anywhere from 10k to 18k a year just for fire insurance not including the home insurance. I’ve found that having triple A has been the cheapest if your bundles I have car , roadside , homeowners and fire through them .
So what did AAA quote you for the fire?
“BOOK IT”
Instagram Robert Mansor
JohnHammer

Post by JohnHammer »

surprised you made it this long. Ours was canceled 2 years ago. FAIR Plan is expensive but i think you'll find it's the only game in town. Other policies might give you coverage but will be more money. Fair plan with extra coverage and you'll be fine . expect 2 to 3 K for the policy Fair + liability. Todd Stanley with O Donnell insurance 530 622-0536 out of Placerville very knowledgeable on the fair plan. only one he can sell for most of his customers. I'd recommend you speak with him.
LookoutRanch

Post by LookoutRanch »

Is this a serious statement? It’s California. Every area is pretty much prone in one way or another.
It’s not really a developers deal, it’s a government issue of taking money for building permits, taxes and assessments and not building the fire protection infrastructure that is needed. Consider weather and the lack of situational awareness of keeping a lot clear that follows the topography leading up to your house is the a big one. From seeing blocks burned to the ground and houses that are left standing, it rarely is an accident.
Let’s not forget our friendly PG&E that doesn’t maintain their own end of business that has caused billions of damage and left a lot of California’s high and dry, while they say sorry laughing to the bank with the protection of our trusty politicians like Newsome, Pelosi and Becerra.
2017 Ranger Z520C
ETec 250 HO

Let’s Go Brandon
RMANZO

Post by RMANZO »

JohnHammer wrote:surprised you made it this long. Ours was canceled 2 years ago. FAIR Plan is expensive but i think you'll find it's the only game in town. Other policies might give you coverage but will be more money. Fair plan with extra coverage and you'll be fine . expect 2 to 3 K for the policy Fair + liability. Todd Stanley with O Donnell insurance 530 622-0536 out of Placerville very knowledgeable on the fair plan. only one he can sell for most of his customers. I'd recommend you speak with him.
Thank you for the heads up
“BOOK IT”
Instagram Robert Mansor
gold fish

Post by gold fish »

[quote="LookoutRanch"][quote="mark poulson"]Shouldn't we be pissed at developers who build in fire prone areas? It's not like they didn't see the trees.[/quote]

Is this a serious statement? It’s California. Every area is pretty much prone in one way or another.
It’s not really a developers deal, it’s a government issue of taking money for building permits, taxes and assessments and not building the fire protection infrastructure that is needed. Consider weather and the lack of situational awareness of keeping a lot clear that follows the topography leading up to your house is the a big one. From seeing blocks burned to the ground and houses that are left standing, it rarely is an accident.
Let’s not forget our friendly PG&E that doesn’t maintain their own end of business that has caused billions of damage and left a lot of California’s high and dry, while they say sorry laughing to the bank with the protection of our trusty politicians like Newsome, Pelosi and Becerra.[/quote]

Yes he is serious and that dumb. He also voted for all of these trusty politicians.
cory

Post by cory »

The best price I’ve gotten from triple A has been 380 a month including homeowners insurance but that including having fire breaks cut around the whole property annually
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

I would call Ben Green Insurance https://www.bengreenins.com/ Ben and his team have been great for me to evaluate all of my insurance needs. His team is great at looking over all of your insurance needs and recommending the best coverage for you.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Todka32

Post by Todka32 »

JohnHammer wrote:surprised you made it this long. Ours was canceled 2 years ago. FAIR Plan is expensive but i think you'll find it's the only game in town. Other policies might give you coverage but will be more money. Fair plan with extra coverage and you'll be fine . expect 2 to 3 K for the policy Fair + liability. Todd Stanley with O Donnell insurance 530 622-0536 out of Placerville very knowledgeable on the fair plan. only one he can sell for most of his customers. I'd recommend you speak with him.
Thank you for the love. I'd be more than happy to talk to you if you're being non-renewed.