Looking for small local (Sacramento area) club

GW

Looking for small local (Sacramento area) club

Post by GW »

I have been out of the game for a bit so and not up on the whos who stuff. Looking for a small LOW KEY club to join in order to fish events with my 12 year old son.

(NOT the Future Pro or Folsom Bass, those are to big for him at this point)

Recommendations appreciated!
LookoutRanch

Re: Looking for small local (Sacramento area) club

Post by LookoutRanch »

I fished the Junior specific events with me only running the boat so they get a feel for running the trolling motor, choosing baits with me recommending stuff, learning the graph etc. I threw him to the wolves per say and it was a good decision that got him ready to fish the high school events. Finding that small of a venue might be hard since I would think most club derbies would have 20-30 boats. Just a thought but I think it’s great you are going that direction.
2017 Ranger Z520C
ETec 250 HO

Let’s Go Brandon
zethkinnettfishing

Post by zethkinnettfishing »

Folsom is tiny. There may be a lot of members but it is low key. I joined this year. So far we have had no more than 15 or so boats. Great thing is we also fish a different lake every month.
LookoutRanch

Post by LookoutRanch »

zethkinnettfishing wrote:Folsom is tiny. There may be a lot of members but it is low key. I joined this year. So far we have had no more than 15 or so boats. Great thing is we also fish a different lake every month.
I might look into Folsom also. My son isn’t fishing tournaments anymore and I’m not at a place where I can go back to pre-fishing and being gone 2-3 weekends a month. Low key would be nice and not traveling to the lakes south of Fresno would be great.
2017 Ranger Z520C
ETec 250 HO

Let’s Go Brandon
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Folsom Bass Team has always been accepting and participating of family and Youth Anglers \ High School teams and has a strong legacy of seeing some of them continue on professionally, names like Luke Johns and Justin Lucas, to name a few.

As all clubs do they tend to expand and contract their active membership but is always a good one to check out.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
d75bender

Post by d75bender »

I thought with Folsom Bass you aren't allowed to form your own teams? Aren't teams formed by a boater and non boater that are paired together by random drawing? It says that on their website and honestly that's why I haven't joined Folsom Bass.

I'd want to fish with my kid and I couldn't. If this is the case the Father/Son thing wouldn't work out for this guy either.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Gary, come on down to Fresno and join in the fun with Sierra Bass Club !! ( SierraBassClub.com ) We allow Immediate family to always fish together as a Team !! Yeah I know, it's a bit far, but we have a good time. We fish Pine Flat, Eastman, Hensley, Kaweah, McClure, and two day at Don Pedro and the Delta. Right now we're needing more Non-Boaters so tell your friends too !! We have a guy that used to live in Fresno that now lives in Sac that comes down and fishes the Mother Load lakes and the Delta !!
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
bobbya

Post by bobbya »

norcal bass is a great group of guys the lake series starts on Saturday on lake camanche they have entries with the kids for a good gpa at school ,Dave and JR are a class act.