Uncle Josh pork frogs

abaohio1

Uncle Josh pork frogs

Post by abaohio1 »

Does anybody remember the size of Uncle Josh pork frog #101? I see where they came back out with the #11 but prefer a smaller size for a 1/4 oz. jig. Might try to cut a #11 down if I can get the size of a #101. Thanks
milehi

Re: Uncle Josh pork frogs

Post by milehi »

Have been using #11s on light jigs forever, work well. Used to use 101s on hair jigs
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

101 on a skinny bear jig. I out fished my entire club in a January tournament at Lopez. I went to paca chunks but they have to much action for the cold water of winter so after 65 degrees they are back in the line up.
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
WRB

Post by WRB »

There now 2 companies offering the UJ #11 &#10 pork frogs, Acme and Papaw E’s. The 101 Spin frog is a different shape but you can cut the side down and tapper the fat down thinner towards the nose end using a fillet knife. You can re dye the trimmed pork using Rite liquid dye 50/50 to warm water over night.
Robins Super Pork was far better then UJ, softer and floated.
I still use hair jigs and pork trailers year round when get out, still work good.
Tom
PS, hand poured soft plastic trailers have good colder water movement like Iovino craw a good 101 substitute.
abaohio1

Post by abaohio1 »

Thanks for the info guys.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

UNCLE JOSH #11 AND #10 ORIGINAL PORK FROGS are available at Fishermans Warehouse
https://www.fishermanswarehouse.com/sto ... osh%20pork
Attachments
Uncle Josh pork frogs.jpg
Nitro858

Post by Nitro858 »

IMG_2508.jpg
1 7/8 x 3/4"
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

I know this post is about Pork Frogs and I loved me some SuperPork (hell I even have a few bottles left) if you haven't had a chance to check out the Berkley Max Scent "Meaty Chunk Trailer" I highly recommend it. It has that same type of texture and action as pork and that max scent has that funky fresh scent that fish love. The best pork substitute I have found in terms of action in cold and warm water. I know the OG's will understand :D
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
WRB

Post by WRB »

ash wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:32 am I know this post is about Pork Frogs and I loved me some SuperPork (hell I even have a few bottles left) if you haven't had a chance to check out the Berkley Max Scent "Meaty Chunk Trailer" I highly recommend it. It has that same type of texture and action as pork and that max scent has that funky fresh scent that fish love. The best pork substitute I have found in terms of action in cold and warm water. I know the OG's will understand :D
Do they float? The key factor with pork trailers is floating up at rest to trigger strike.
Tom
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

WRB wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:52 pm
ash wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:32 am I know this post is about Pork Frogs and I loved me some SuperPork (hell I even have a few bottles left) if you haven't had a chance to check out the Berkley Max Scent "Meaty Chunk Trailer" I highly recommend it. It has that same type of texture and action as pork and that max scent has that funky fresh scent that fish love. The best pork substitute I have found in terms of action in cold and warm water. I know the OG's will understand :D
Do they float? The key factor with pork trailers is floating up at rest to trigger strike.
Tom
No floaters in the batch I have.

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
eastbayanglers

Post by eastbayanglers »

Been using the acme since they dropped feels like 18 months ago or so bought 200$ worth they work great Yes i wish there were 100 more options i would get more.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

WRB wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:52 pm
Tom
They have great buoyancy, I'm telling your Tom this is a great plastic imitator. Best I've found
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
WRB

Post by WRB »

Papaw E’s are soft, float and veteran hand made pork trailers. I personally haven’t bought any pork trailers because I make my own and saved a few quarts jars of Super Pork & UJ for my now limited use. Sold 42 jars to a site member 2 years ago.
Posted a recipe on how to make pork trailers a few years ago on this site.
The current retail price for 2 or 3 pork trailers is pricey, but taken care of will last until you lose the jig.
Seems like conflicting reply on the Max Scent Meat trailers.
Tom