BBT Gimbal only or BBT dash mount for HDS 16

Moderator: Ken Sauret

Pepsi man

BBT Gimbal only or BBT dash mount for HDS 16

Post by Pepsi man »

I'm getting a HDS carbon 16 in the mail. Will a BBT apache (heavy duty) gimbal be sturdy enough for the carbon 16 at the console or will the BBT shelf shroud mount be absolutely necessary. My boat is a 721 pro xp with the shelf shroud and gauges on the bottom. I fish mainly the ca delta and the surrounding reservoirs. I've used just the upgraded gimbal on a 12 inch with no issues but not sure if the 16 is pushing it in regards to its weight. Besides the cost difference, I've heard of salt water guys running just the gimbal at the bow and in short looking to justify the purchase...thanks.
I SHOULD BE FISHIN

Re: BBT Gimbal only or BBT dash mount for HDS 16

Post by I SHOULD BE FISHIN »

I just installed 2 carbons at the bow of my boat and although the HDS16 CARBONS come with heavier gimbal Brackets they do shake a little in rough water. When it was just the single on a riser it was rock solid. I have some of the BBT stuff sitting in my garage for a bow mount if you are interested I was going to post for sale as a package deal, let me know if you are interested.

Stan
23' Mako center console 350 Merc Riptide 101 ...............Lets go get em !!!!!
Pepsi man

Post by Pepsi man »

I SHOULD BE FISHIN wrote:I just installed 2 carbons at the bow of my boat and although the HDS16 CARBONS come with heavier gimbal Brackets they do shake a little in rough water. When it was just the single on a riser it was rock solid. I have some of the BBT stuff sitting in my garage for a bow mount if you are interested I was going to post for sale as a package deal, let me know if you are interested.

Stan
I need a mount for the hds carbon 16 at the console and a dual mount for 2 live 9s at the bow. Do you have anything tmfir those sizes?
I SHOULD BE FISHIN

Post by I SHOULD BE FISHIN »

The only piece that might come into play that I have is a riser for the bow, new price is $175. If you need it I can sell it to you for like $100. Just let me know....
23' Mako center console 350 Merc Riptide 101 ...............Lets go get em !!!!!
Pepsi man

Post by Pepsi man »

I SHOULD BE FISHIN wrote:The only piece that might come into play that I have is a riser for the bow, new price is $175. If you need it I can sell it to you for like $100. Just let me know....
Thanks bit I'm just gonna bite the bullet and order the mega mount for the console and dual mount for the bow from BBT. I can't seem to find any used ones or any at discounted prices.
Pepsi man

Post by Pepsi man »

I SHOULD BE FISHIN wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:02 am The only piece that might come into play that I have is a riser for the bow, new price is $175. If you need it I can sell it to you for like $100. Just let me know....
I know I've been lagging a bit but do you still have that riser? And is it a dual riser?