Gas Prices

coyote268

Re: Gas Prices

Post by coyote268 »

The Republicans asked to lower the state gas tax $.50. Of course the Democraps rejected this as where would the money come from to fund all their free programs for those who don't pay taxes yet vote. I retired thirty years ago for what I felt was a fairly good retirement income, now at 85 and still able physically to fish and hunt I might need to look for a part time job to be able to continue to do this. There is no better way to say it, but, as of now this state sucks and I wish I had left it when I could. And no, I don't feel Trump is the answer and this is from a lifelong Republican. Sorry Woopbass
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

jiggin4bass wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:06 pm So what would be the plan to change the
current situation now or is somebody waiting til the 2022 midterms or for 2024 to see who wins as president the same old senators will still be in office and same old congressmen and women will still be in office and here in CA. the Democrats will still be running the state. Is there any hope I wouldn't hold my breath to long.
obviously nothing can be done until after the midterms ! Republicans are heavily favored to take back the House and Senate ! a Republican speaker of the house would replace Pelosi ! any further damage by the Biden administration should be held in check ! Democrats basically have no one to run for president in 2024 “Hillary” ? Not ! If Trump doesn’t run again ? DeSantis will hopefully set things straight again ?…….
biteme

Post by biteme »

Like musk said we need to drill here to fuel our cars. I watched him in a interview saying EVs are ready for prime time and when he started tesla it was for the FUTURE. He also open sourced his patients for tesla tech for the big 3 to use and now the admin is screwing him. Won't even invite him to the WH because he's not union lol. So he invited the union to come to tesla and hold a vote and whatever the vote was he would go with. The man really doesn't care, he's just trying to fix the world or make it a better place. I understand why he gets so much hate because the truth is hard foe others to stomach and he doesn't play sides. He just tells it like it is and sometimes it's for dems and sometimes it's against them.

Did anyone know the car companies took a bailout in 08? Musk took funds also for tesla. Paid it all back and included interest that he wasn't asked to pay.

Either way, he's sold almost everything and devotes his life to making the world a better place. He pisses off Republicans and dems. My kind of guy. When. Someone gets to this point I tend to listen to them as they're not in lock step with anyone.

To add, he said he would he the last one to sell shares of tesla and would go down with the ship. Either way, with or without tesla he has spaceX and Russia said no more rockets for the US. Musk said, we don't need tesla anymore. He'll be just fine.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Ok but its still not going to fix the problem in Ca.
No matter who in office.
CA. has it own set of rules they don't need D.C. telling them what to do.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

jiggin4bass wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:05 pm Ok but its still not going to fix the problem in Ca.
No matter who in office.
CA. has it own set of rules they don't need D.C. telling them what to do.
Cali is gone ! there is no saving it ! the middle class will be eliminated the democratic elite will be eating ice cream and drinking their wine while watching the minimum wage hired help cutting the grass and washing their Teslas !….