LemMon Wins KBF Trails Series II on San V – 4/24/22

MKA

LemMon Wins KBF Trails Series II on San V – 4/24/22

Post by MKA »

image0 (22).jpeg
https://www.fishermanswarehouse.com/

Shane LemMon of Corona, CA topped a stacked field of western kayak anglers for the Kayak Bass Fishing (KBF) Trail Series II on the highly pressured San Vincente Reservoir with an impressive 90.75” five fish limit that included a 20” kicker that he picked up in the last 30 minutes of the tournament day.

The weather was mild with light winds in the morning that calmed throughout the day resulting in a beautiful So Cal spring day. Water temp was an average of 68 degrees with water clarity ranging at approximately 15 feet.

He caught a few on the jerkbait after locating them on his Lowrance Active Target. He then switched to the Neko Rig and dropshot for the remainder of his limit. Shane reported, “there were bed fish but the size wasn’t there. I stayed offshore all day long at a transition point the fish were using to move in and out of a spawning area, there were better quality fish here and I didn’t have to move the rest of the day.”

Here's your top ten:
1. Shane LemMon - 90.75 inches
2. Bradley Kuhlin - 86.25 inches
3. Dominic Doan - 86 inches
4. Tim O'Connor - 85.5 inches
5. Anthony Garcia - 84.75 inches
6. AJ Gagliardo - 84.5 inches
7. Chris Harris - 84.5 inches
8. Michael Sharp - 84.5 inches
9. Daigo Kobayashi - 84 inches
10. John Myers - 83.5 inches

It was a great weekend for LemMon. In addition to capturing the win for the Trail Series II, he captured 11th. place in the KBF Trail Series I on 4/23 and finished up in 3rd. place for the American Bass Anglers (ABA) Ironman Kayak Series with a 2-day total of 173.00 inches. For his efforts, he took home nearly $4,000 in winnings and some nice hardware.

Next up for the KBF Trail Series (west coast) is Chatfield Reservoir in Colorado on 4/30 and 5/1/22.