New boat

Lawley

New boat

Post by Lawley »

With the current water problems in Ca is it even a good idea to purchase a boat these days?
If we pay attention to the vast majority in this state we are doomed with an ever lasting drought.
Last edited by Lawley on Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
MT

Re: New boat

Post by MT »

Now's a good time to sell your boat for sure. Maybe find a drought proof hobby like bowling or racquetball if you're a little more active.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

I agree that now is a great time to sell a boat. However, unless you're getting completely out of fishing buying a new boat to replace it is super expensive. The whole scene makes me want to keep and continue to maintain my 22 year old boat.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

My 76 monark still looks and runs great and my wife and I fish 2 or 3 times a week
And yes bowling in league and in tournaments is another great hobby you should pick up.
Why buy a new boat if the one you have work fine.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
rico

Post by rico »

If you’re buying a new boat, you might think about buying one that is on the dealer’s lot. A friend chose his colors, etc for a new Champion. He ordered it an put down his deposit the first week of October, 2021. As of last weekend, they still haven’t started building it. He has way more patience than I have
monte300

Post by monte300 »

rico wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:07 am If you’re buying a new boat, you might think about buying one that is on the dealer’s lot. A friend chose his colors, etc for a new Champion. He ordered it an put down his deposit the first week of October, 2021. As of last weekend, they still haven’t started building it. He has way more patience than I have
It sucks to pay that kind of money and have to wait so long
monte300

Post by monte300 »

jiggin4bass wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:58 am My 76 monark still looks and runs great and my wife and I fish 2 or 3 times a week
And yes bowling in league and in tournaments is another great hobby you should pick up.
Why buy a new boat if the one you have work fine.
McFast baby!
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Still in great shape for her age
Attachments
facebook_1652313613131_6930305596811168513.jpg
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

Thanks for all the comments but maybe I should ask the question differently

Do you think we will have water to fish in Ca mother lode / delta for years to come or is it going dry
sharkbass12

Post by sharkbass12 »

Lawley wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:53 pm Thanks for all the comments but maybe I should ask the question differently

Do you think we will have water to fish in Ca mother lode / delta for years to come or is it going dry
This drought isn't near as bad as the five-year drought we had not too long ago. The sun evaporates water off the ocean creating water vapor gas which condenses into rain clouds. If the sun and Pacific Ocean still exists California will get rain in the future. California has had serve droughts long into the past.

Don't listen to these doe donk liberals. They can't manage a single social program they created, so who is to think they can manage our water storage properly and make predictions about the weather. There are solutions to this problem that countries in the middle of the desert implement, but the idiots running this state and country could never figure that out.

Go get a new boat! Just don't be an idiot and finance the thing.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

Our weather hasn't changed in our short lives. We have well over a hundred years of recorded weather on record and the cycle has remained the same. According to history were due for a lot of rain either next year or the year after that.
If this turns into a prolonged drought, we could be in more trouble than in the past due to more AG, greater population, and the state flushing our water away for no apparent reason the last few years.

I remember a couple of the droughts we had where 4WD came in handy so you may want to think about that.
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

Being that I have been around for more than half a Century I too believe it’s a cycle. 7 years dry 7 years wet.
Last edited by Lawley on Mon May 16, 2022 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WRB

Post by WRB »

Never say never that a mega drought will not occur along the west coast of California.
it’s been over 800 years since the last mega drought in California where less then 4”-6” of rain fall occurs annually. The 1st that could be documented was 847 AD to 1097 Ad, 250 year mega drought. The 2nd was 1200 AD to 1350 AD 150 year mega drought.
We will all be leaving California if another mega drought occurs.
Tom
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

They can control climate change with green new deals so I’m not too worried about a drought anymore
😀
Pat

Post by Pat »

rico wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:07 am If you’re buying a new boat, you might think about buying one that is on the dealer’s lot. A friend chose his colors, etc for a new Champion. He ordered it an put down his deposit the first week of October, 2021. As of last weekend, they still haven’t started building it. He has way more patience than I have
If he ordered a new Champion, he will be waiting a long long time. They quit making them quite a while ago.
Jboutfishn

Post by Jboutfishn »

Pat wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:45 am
If he ordered a new Champion, he will be waiting a long long time. They quit making them quite a while ago.
Like about 2009.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

How can one even order a new boat when the brand hasn’t been built for the past 13 years? Looks like Champion still makes boats but no bass models.
Last edited by monte300 on Sun May 15, 2022 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

Obviously has the wrong boat manufacture in mind
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I guess most of the world, and almost all climate scientists, are wrong about Global Warming.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

Mark don't start this crap. Go ahead and believe the government all you want. They have an agenda and your step in line with em. Your signature says it all.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Mark seem to be a unhappy Republican in Ca. :lol:
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

That’s all they have.
Last edited by Lawley on Mon May 16, 2022 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Wasn't this thread about buying a new boat :lol:
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Lawley wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:53 pm Thanks for all the comments but maybe I should ask the question differently

No. Please stay home and keep your miserable A$$ on the couch watching FAuX entertainment channel. Please hurry up and leave.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

Why are you so angry? I want what’s best for fishing Other than that you do your thing and I will do mine
Last edited by Lawley on Mon May 16, 2022 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
milehi

Post by milehi »

I'm with Mark
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Lawley wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:45 am I love your signature
“ I think but nothing happens “
How many facial piercings do you have?
Why are you so angry? I want what’s best for fishing Other than that you do your thing and I will do mine
In order for that we must preserve a free America
If you don’t see our freedoms slipping away you are either not looking or don’t care
Angry person. Go say some prayers and then leave CA. Snowflake. Buh bye
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

"Snowflake" is a derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions.

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Boy are you confused

See you out on the water. Have a great day
Friends
rico

Post by rico »

I talked to him again and he said he ordered a Basscat, and had no idea why he said Champion. He just called the dealer again and they have no idea when the boat will be built, they’re waiting on word from the manufacturer.
mike at robo

Post by mike at robo »

Basscat has no idea ??? Calling BS on that one….
cww300

Post by cww300 »

mike at robo wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:03 am Basscat has no idea ??? Calling BS on that one….
Far from BS! I ordered my boat going on 9 months ago and they still cant give me a definitive date on when it will be done.
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

Build back better.
Kennortonjr

Post by Kennortonjr »

Lawley wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:30 pm Build back better.
I think you should take a break from all the political stuff. People have different opinions and it isn’t pleasant to read.

Get outside and wet a line!
monte300

Post by monte300 »

cww300 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:27 am
mike at robo wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:03 am Basscat has no idea ??? Calling BS on that one….
Far from BS! I ordered my boat going on 9 months ago and they still cant give me a definitive date on when it will be done.
At least you guys ordered nice boats
sharkbass12

Post by sharkbass12 »

Kennortonjr wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:00 pm
I think you should take a break from all the political stuff. People have different opinions and it isn’t pleasant to read.

The libtards need a little crap written up on them. They've certainly earned it! I'm surprised the people of this state hasn't loaded them up on a cruise ship and sunk the f%&(er in the middle of the Pacific!
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

Elon did just that Look up his recent tweet

What will we do now that Tesla sees the truth of the demorats?
Elon just told 99% of his customers they support division and hate.
He is a stand up man.
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

Sadly that’s true. Nothing about our blue leaders is pleasant
One can’t afford a 2x4 these days. How can you build a boat?
Build back better my **s
sharkbass12

Post by sharkbass12 »

Lawley wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:26 am

Build back better my **s
I don't think we will see another democratic president for sixteen years after this fiasco. I'm a moderate who believes in common sense and it's fair to say ill never vote dem again. They've become totally radicalized.
Kennortonjr

Post by Kennortonjr »

sharkbass12 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:15 pm

Build back better my **s
I don't think we will see another democratic president for sixteen years after this fiasco. I'm a moderate who believes in common sense and it's fair to say ill never vote dem again. They've become totally radicalized.
They’ve become totally radicalized!? Read your previous post again. Now imagine somebody posting that about conservatives - what word might you use to describe the sentiment?

I imagine y’all were too young to use the Internet in the pre-social media age, but forums of that era were great, largely because the political BS was not intertwined with every single thing. The Internet by and large sucks now, and it’s because of posts like these (my post included).
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Kennortonjr wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:54 pm
sharkbass12 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:15 pm

Build back better my **s
They’ve become totally radicalized!? Read your previous post again. Now imagine somebody posting that about conservatives - what word might you use to describe the sentiment?

I imagine y’all were too young to use the Internet in the pre-social media age, but forums of that era were great, largely because the political BS was not intertwined with every single thing. The Internet by and large sucks now, and it’s because of posts like these (my post included).
I agree.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

I am more than half a century old. I do recall before there was an internet at all.

I think things come up in posts because we are genuinely concerned about loosing our freedoms and country
It’s never been this divided.

I wish I saw more fishing help and information here but everyone is afraid to give up a “secret”
biteme

Post by biteme »

If you have 4 wheel drive you'll be fine. I'd be more worried about the economy and fuel prices.
Addicted Fisherman

Post by Addicted Fisherman »

rico wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:21 pm
I talked to him again and he said he ordered a Basscat, and had no idea why he said Champion. He just called the dealer again and they have no idea when the boat will be built, they’re waiting on word from the manufacturer.
I think BassCat has a model that is
supposed to be a champion hull.
Addicted Fisherman

Post by Addicted Fisherman »

sharkbass12 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:25 pm

This drought isn't near as bad as the five-year drought we had not too long ago. The sun evaporates water off the ocean creating water vapor gas which condenses into rain clouds. If the sun and Pacific Ocean still exists California will get rain in the future. California has had serve droughts long into the past.

Don't listen to these doe donk liberals. They can't manage a single social program they created, so who is to think they can manage our water storage properly and make predictions about the weather. There are solutions to this problem that countries in the middle of the desert implement, but the idiots running this state and country could never figure that out.

Go get a new boat! Just don't be an idiot and finance the thing.
The drought problem goes beyond
California. Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Nevada are dealing with drought too.
Popper

Post by Popper »

Drought conditions is the last thing to worry about If you can afford the luxury of a New Bass Boat and cost to run/maintain it.

We'll have bigger issue's if the reservoirs and Delta run dry for boating and fishing. This isn't the 1st or last drought California experience in it's history.
There isn't a better time to purchase a used boat with fuel prices at an all time high couple with inflationary pressures of basic necessities to pay mortgages, rents, food, etc..........
Within a short period of time, it'll be a buyers market.

Used boats are starting to swamp the want ads everywhere. It's a sign of more to come in the near future if you're in that market.

-Good Luck
Last edited by Popper on Fri May 20, 2022 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
biteme

Post by biteme »

Popper wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:30 am

Drought conditions is the last thing to worry about If you can afford the luxury of a Bass Boat and cost to run/maintain it.

We'll have bigger issue's if the reservoirs and Delta run dry for boating and fishing. This isn't the 1st or last drought California experience in it's history.
There isn't a better time to purchase a used boat with fuel prices at an all time high couple with inflationary pressures of basic necessities to pay mortgages, rents, food, etc..........

Used boats are starting to swap the want ads everywhere. It's a sign of more to come in the near future if you're in that market.

-Good Luck
100% 6 months ago it was the boat market will never go down. Now I'm seeing them for sell and not selling. More will come to market and more will drop in price around Christmas time.

Like I said if someone has a 4x4 launching won't be a issue. I Iauch a 21 ft triton every year off dirt with no dock. Keel guard is a life saver.

If you aren't worried about the price of fuel and funds I say go for it but I wouldn't touch a new boat right now.
Popper

Post by Popper »

biteme wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:41 am

Drought conditions is the last thing to worry about If you can afford the luxury of a Bass Boat and cost to run/maintain it.

Used boats are starting to swap the want ads everywhere. It's a sign of more to come in the near future if you're in that market.

-Good Luck
100% 6 months ago it was the boat market will never go down. Now I'm seeing them for sell and not selling. More will come to market and more will drop in price around Christmas time.

Like I said if someone has a 4x4 launching won't be a issue. I Iauch a 21 ft triton every year off dirt with no dock. Keel guard is a life saver.

If you aren't worried about the price of fuel and funds I say go for it but I wouldn't touch a new boat right now.
Agree..........
New boat sales will plummet like a rock and Used Boats will be up for sale as a result of:
Highest Fuel prices recorded, and run away inflation impacting everything to a loaf a bread.
Recession IS "inevitable" which will destroy the recreational boat/industry sales (New/Used) within a year.
biteme

Post by biteme »

Popper wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:52 am
biteme wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:41 am

-Good Luck

Agree..........
New boat sales will plummet like a rock and Used Boats will be up for sale as a result of:
Highest Fuel prices recorded, and run away inflation impacting everything to a loaf a bread.
Recession IS "inevitable" which will destroy the recreational boat/industry sales (New/Used) within a year.
100%, unfortunately.
Popper

Post by Popper »

mark poulson wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:02 pm I guess most of the world, and almost all climate scientists, are wrong about Global Warming.
Yet, they all happily use their fossil fuel vehicles, turn on a light switches, computers, heaters, A/C and purchase products manufacture/powered from fossil fuels.
-Cannot have "Your cake and eat it too"

Government regulations will not cool the planet, but if consumers switch back to the stone ages to reduce their "Carbon Foot Prints"
then the planet will avert back to a continuous consistent weather cycle.
-Right?

Based on Historical Geological Records written/publish by scientist this "continuous consistent weather cycle" never existed on the planet.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

Quit making sense, you're going to hurt some of the lib's feelings if this just happen to resonate through their warped brainwashed minds. They may even figure out only two genders exist as unbelievable as that sounds.

One of the problems with the global warming theory is that they didn't have any standards on recording temps until the late 1800's. They established standards but then failed to move their temperature recording equipment as cities grew and the decades went by. Equipment that used to be surrounded by dirt/grass is now surrounded by concrete and tall buildings that act as heat sinks. Flawed data but it serves their purpose.

Yeah, a new boat may be a bad idea right now in this fake propped up economy. Wait a couple years and you may get one for half price.