Tennis Elbow

Kayak/Boats

Tennis Elbow

Post by Kayak/Boats »

I’ve been nursing a chronic pain in the top side of my elbow for 6 months. I was told by my doctor it’s tennis elbow caused by repetitive motion. I can’t lift a cup of coffee without pain and when I fish, setting the hook with my left hand (RH baitcaster) it’s never without pain.
Asking what others have done. I’m sure this is common among older people. Should I use spinning gear exclusively?
Left handed baitcaster?
skip stevens

Re: Tennis Elbow

Post by skip stevens »

Tennis elbow strap or brace. Check out Dicks or Amazon. You can get one relatively cheap. If anyone knows of a fix for partially torn rotator cuff, please let me know. Thanks.
Topwater All Day

Post by Topwater All Day »

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000K ... UTF8&psc=1

This will fix it, just follow the instructions. Pretty simple to use for lot's of arm ailments...
Rob Ridge
Folsom Bass Team
beezer15

Post by beezer15 »

Look up gyro wrist ball I was in chronic pain for 6 months with nothing easing the flare up. Used it for a week and it worked the issue out.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

My tennis elbow has always hurt for month(s) and then you wake up one day and its gone.
The best way to avoid it is to work out within reason and stay strong.
If you want to spend some money (guessing a few hundred bucks) they have a new type of laser therapy that may fix it in a short amount of time. I believe its called class 4 laser therapy.
Dek

Post by Dek »

The tennis elbow strap already suggested did wonders for my pain. Give it a try.
george

Post by george »

Call my buddy, Don Johnson at 619-990-4443 and he can get you hooked up! He has them in stock and they will work for ya!

George
deltabass

Post by deltabass »

I had the same problem in my right elbow. If you're in the Sacramento area, go see Austin Karp at Spectrum Health and Pain Clinic. Fixed me up with laser therapy. Expect to go as many as ten times to correct the problem. The process is worth it. Now pain free and have my strength back.
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

I had the same problem --- lasted well over a year . I tried all types of therapies and nothing worked .
It's not just repetitive motion , it's also inflammation . I changed my diet totally . Eliminated diary , GMO foods , no HFC's , less sugar . Eventually it went completely away along with several other ailments .
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Sierra Pacific orthopedics
559 396 3892
Rod S. Kraft M.D.
They have 10 different surgeon on staff just for shoulder and arms.
They are one of the top rated Sports Medical staffs in the country. They also have a team of surgeon for knees and ankles.
I had a total knee replacement in 2018 from surgery and rehabilitation I was back fishing and bowling in 11 weeks. I'm still pain free and my knee still holding up just fine. One thing about these doctors is they meet before every surgery and discuss what surgery there going to do and they all have input on what the procedure they are going to do. They just don't jump in and do a surgery. They are very
thorough in what they do.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Mark-C

Post by Mark-C »

Tennis elbow can become chronic and last years. I have it really bad right now. I just saw a sports medicine doctor at UC Davis and they will start you off with physical therapy. If it doesn't improve you can consider a platelet rich plasma injection, a steroid injection or a procedure called Tenex. If you want to get serious about fixing it, its time to see the doc. Lost 2 big bass in the last 3 trips because of not being able to get a proper hook set.
mahoney

Post by mahoney »

I personally have used PRP for tennis elbow and a torn meniscus. Hurts like a mother. Meniscus was healed in two injections. $1400 out of pocket and I’m healed.

Kaiser wanted to staple, pain pills, muscle relaxers, some fat PT doctor. Mainstream doctors won’t tell you about the natural way to heal your body.

Prp
Stem cell

The only way to go.
Kayak/Boats

Post by Kayak/Boats »

Thanks for all the responses.
Bobp

Post by Bobp »

surgery fixed mine,if you continue to fish,nothings gonna fix it, itll just keep tearing. had mine fixed over 20 yrs ago,never another problem
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

20 years ago I had it Got the strap and the gyro ball within a week problem solved. Here recently I have gotten the same problem again. Couldn't find my old stuff :lol: So I used a rod wrap until I could get the wrap and an elbow sleeve, bought the gyro ball and at 70 it took a little longer to work. week and a half later throwing frogs, punching and setting the hook as good as ever.
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Rod Martin wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:06 am 20 years ago I had it Got the strap and the gyro ball within a week problem solved. Here recently I have gotten the same problem again. Couldn't find my old stuff :lol: So I used a rod wrap until I could get the wrap and an elbow sleeve, bought the gyro ball and at 70 it took a little longer to work. week and a half later throwing frogs, punching and setting the hook as good as ever.
Rod, wouldn't it have easier just to give up tennis? :wink:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

mark poulson wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:39 am
Rod Martin wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:06 am 20 years ago I had it Got the strap and the gyro ball within a week problem solved. Here recently I have gotten the same problem again. Couldn't find my old stuff :lol: So I used a rod wrap until I could get the wrap and an elbow sleeve, bought the gyro ball and at 70 it took a little longer to work. week and a half later throwing frogs, punching and setting the hook as good as ever.
Yes but then I would have to take up Fishing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Rod Martin wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:47 pm
mark poulson wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:39 am
Yes but then I would have to take up Fishing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hahaha!!!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Popper

Post by Popper »

Kayak/Boats wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:32 pm I’ve been nursing a chronic pain in the top side of my elbow for 6 months. I was told by my doctor it’s tennis elbow caused by repetitive motion. I can’t lift a cup of coffee without pain and when I fish, setting the hook with my left hand (RH baitcaster) it’s never without pain.
Asking what others have done. I’m sure this is common among older people. Should I use spinning gear exclusively?
Left handed baitcaster?
I was forced to give up tennis because of severe tendonitis (tennis elbow). It impacted my fishing and ability to handle the load on the rod reeling in a fish.
Unfortunately, Switching to spinning gear won't help.

What worked for me outside of quitting tennis and resting the elbow was strengthening muscles in the arm and using a band around the damage tendons in the elbow.
It'll take a few months to heal, but it will heal.

-Good Luck
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Genesis k motion tape is what i use for bowling and fishing Copper infused per cut tape. Work great for shoulders elbow knees heels and wrist. And last for hours. I use it when Im bowling in league and tournaments bowling and out fishing for my left shoulder.
Last edited by jiggin4bass on Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

51KIXH1IbqL.jpg
51KIXH1IbqL.jpg (49.06 KiB) Viewed 1067 times
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
RJB

Post by RJB »

I literally was just reading the new BASSTIMES and there was a section about Mark Menendez having the same problems and other issues. He started taking CBD SOFTGELS by Revital Outdoors and he said it has helped him tremendously!