MLF CAL DELTA My 2 Cents!!

Phoenix1

MLF CAL DELTA My 2 Cents!!

Post by Phoenix1 »

Hey guys just got done watching the weigh-in for MLF on the Delta, Congrats to Bub Tosh for the win. But I'm trying to make sense of something here,The Amateur in this thing makes more the Pro does by about 8 or 9 grand and only paid 500 bucks to enter ??. Where the pro puts out 17 to 18 hundred plus gas and everything that goes with it. I guess if you have a phoenix boat you would get the incentive for that so that's cool, And I know if there were more Pro's in the event the payback would be higher. But it should be right there putting out over 4 times the money. So from an AM stand point it's a win win for sure... As a Pro I'm sorry I just don't see it??? I know they have a year end Championship worth over 200 grand which is great, but you have to go back east to fish it. And the fact that there is No off limits and you can get information from anybody you want on that body of water, and fish with anybody you want before the tournament. Just doesn't sound very fair for the guy that has to work for a living. Just my 2 cents
Baseball

Re: MLF CAL DELTA My 2 Cents!!

Post by Baseball »

Welcome to the West! They copy the same format as back east. 200 boat fields. 100,000 grand to first. Can’t beat it as a non boater.
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Phoenix1 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:38 pm Hey guys just got done watching the weigh-in for MLF on the Delta, Congrats to Bub Tosh for the win. But I'm trying to make sense of something here,The Amateur in this thing makes more the Pro does by about 8 or 9 grand and only paid 500 bucks to enter ??. Where the pro puts out 17 to 18 hundred plus gas and everything that goes with it. I guess if you have a phoenix boat you would get the incentive for that so that's cool, And I know if there were more Pro's in the event the payback would be higher. But it should be right there putting out over 4 times the money. So from an AM stand point it's a win win for sure... As a Pro I'm sorry I just don't see it??? I know they have a year end Championship worth over 200 grand which is great, but you have to go back east to fish it. And the fact that there is No off limits and you can get information from anybody you want on that body of water, and fish with anybody you want before the tournament. Just doesn't sound very fair for the guy that has to work for a living. Just my 2 cents
The Boat they Give away to the Co anglers is a smaller 18' boat with a 115. Many of my buddies have won them and they are worth 19-23K Tops. Also they tack a full retail price on there to make the paybacks look bigger.The reason it looks so lopsided is the lack of Pro's where they payback would be much larger on the Pro side with over 100 Anglers. Its a great trail hopefully they will be back in 2023 and their TOC will be closer to the Center of the country.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

MLF probably won’t last much longer out west with the lack of support !….
Phoenix1

Post by Phoenix1 »

I agree with you on that Birdman920, but like I said in my first post they have to change there format having no off limits and being able to get all the info you want before the event, doesn't work for a pro that has to work 5 or 6 days a week not to mention the high entry fee...the high cost in this state obviously makes things much tougher as well. You can't run a circuit out west the same as back east its just they way it is unfortunately.
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

It’s tough to fish pro when you have to work 5 days a week. I don’t even know how that works
Hats off to those who can do that successfully
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Don't quit your day jobs kids. Your not going to make it as a pro in Ca.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
bass king

Post by bass king »

jiggin4bass wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:26 pm Don't quit your day jobs kids. Your not going to make it as a pro in Ca.
You don't quit your day job making jigs either!

You'll get over it!

:?
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

44 years full time in business was long enough for me. Now I get to go fishing more :D
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

jiggin4bass wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:26 pm Don't quit your day jobs kids. Your not going to make it as a pro in Ca.
You can quit your day job, get the free gov't handouts, and go fishing! WIN WIN! :D

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
Phoenix1

Post by Phoenix1 »

OMG ain't that the truth!!!
Lawley

Post by Lawley »

Phoenix1 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:52 am OMG ain't that the truth!!!
Not really unless you are good with a hand line off the rocks
C & C Marine

Post by C & C Marine »

Lets don't forget about the Ranger cup Money of $7,000. to the winner in a Ranger. Which Bub qualified for.
http://www.teamccmarine.com

C & C Marine - Modesto
747 South 9th st
Modesto, CA 95351
209-526-4120

C & C Marine - Newcastle
9390 Old State Highway
Newcastle, CA 95658
916-729-0590
Phoenix1

Post by Phoenix1 »

And that's awesome!!! I'm glad he received that from Ranger.
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

Lawley wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:37 pm
Phoenix1 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:52 am OMG ain't that the truth!!!
Not really unless you are good with a hand line off the rocks
Don't worry, the D party will make it better :)

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj