Future pro

Baseball

Future pro

Post by Baseball »

Why was it canceled and rescheduled to Russos?
Turkeyman

Re: Future pro

Post by Turkeyman »

I heard that the same day they were to run the first day (Saturday) that there was a sail boat reagatta, another bass tournament (17/90) and that the parking lot was full. Guys starting putting their trucks and trailers on the road and were told they would be ticketed if left there. This is just what I was told, not saying that it is the reason.
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

Turkeyman wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:09 pm I heard that the same day they were to run the first day (Saturday) that there was a sail boat reagatta, another bass tournament (17/90) and that the parking lot was full. Guys starting putting their trucks and trailers on the road and were told they would be ticketed if left there. This is just what I was told, not saying that it is the reason.
Kind of what I heard too..

Not sure how 2 tournaments were permitted at the same launch. Plus the sail boat event going on. FP was having a two day event with the first day blast off at 11 am. So when everyone started to roll in 9 ish or so the parking lot was plugged full with 17/90 guys, along with all the regular Saturday fishermen and ramp users add on top all the blow boats...It was a mess. Full blown parking lot over load.

With no place for another 80 or so boats and trucks arriving later in the morning there was no choice but to cancel...38 years of tournament fishing, I never seen anything like this happening, but when you try to put a different spin on tournament events, i.e. late starts (11 am) in the summer time I can see something like this happening in a smaller venue . Not a lot of happy guys but what ya going to do ? No one person to point a finger at, just a bad deal for all!

I guess I can understand the term..."the early bird gets the worm"...er...parking spot !

Russo's is a way better venue for bass tournaments on a late start summer event anyway...I think everyone learned a little here!
Baseball

Post by Baseball »

Thx.