Another Wild Windy Wednesday Nighter or how I found a frog partner

Fast Eddie

Another Wild Windy Wednesday Nighter or how I found a frog partner

Post by Fast Eddie »

So, to begin this adventure, I go to the Basshole and get some stuff for the Snag Proof and run into Bobby D who I haven't seen in years. Nice chat the three of us had. (surprised that he knew who I was)
Now, with the new start time, I made it to a good place in line. (behind last weeks 33 lb guys which BTW had 2 10lbrs last week......what a story they wove :D ). Get to check live well check and find out I need more dough to fish the TOC. Oh well.
Launch and off to Franks. (why not, so many fish released there). Bang a 2, then a 4. Wow, things are looking up. (At this point I should say that my team partner for the up coming Snag Proof bailed as he tested positive.) Next thing you know we're at 14 lbs. 7PM, better start working our way back to Ladds. Traveling across Franks, I happen to notice a blurr on my left and see a guy on his boat standing waving frantically, so I swing the boat around and head towards him. My partner says Oh oh, doesn't look good. Sure enough we come across a Phoenix boat and they guy says " I have a hole in my engine and my trolling motor battery died. I launched at Russo's, could you give me a tow?" I ask if he has a rope?
(Rope??? We don't need no stinkin rope. :lol:) Nope, well my rope that I use when I launch by my self is in the truck. My partner (aren't partners great :lol: ) opens the throw cushion locker and we use the 25 ' throw cushion line to slip through his bow eye, and tie it onto the tie down on the back. Towing and watching my engine temp we make it to Russos. We help him get the boat trailered and I enquire as to whether he's now out now. He tells me he was out practicing for the Sang Proof when the motor blew. (through a rod through the case...Ouch!) He offered me money for the tow, but I refused as in my mind it was the right thing to do. Anyway I gave him my contact information and told him how my partner was out, so we are teaming up together. Lord works in mysterious ways.
With that 45 minute delay, we're of again. Make two more culls. So for the second time on WWN we feel we have enough to be competitive. Turns out 15.13 wasn't enough. (had I known WWN were such an adventure I would have sign up a long time ago :D )

Results:
1st 22.87
2nd 21.18
3rd 19.50
BF 9.24

So, in closing, the guy with the big fish, weighed a sac. Unfortunately, it totaled 13 lbs. Felt bad for the guy.
TL
FE
PS My sources tell me Caleb is still overseas (according to instagram which I do not use, which is why I have sources :lol: ) There were 2 drones flying over yesterday, but no info on posting by whoever was flying.