Guide's motor won't start! What would you do?

Rmats

Guide's motor won't start! What would you do?

Post by Rmats »

My buddies and I booked a guided San Diego Offshore tuna (flights/hotel/car) last month. After a night of no sleep because of excitement and the morning of "pregame hype speech" from our guide on the boat- his motor doesn't start! What would you do? Would you expect anything back?

ash
SpeedBump

Re: Guide's motor won't start! What would you do?

Post by ash »

If you never left the dock or went fishing I would expect not to be charged for the guide trip. I would not expect a refund further then the cost of the guide trip. by the looks of the video you guys got to go fishing and enjoy your time in San Diego. Next time you're looking for a local guide Gerry Mahieu - you wont find a a friendly guide who is stoked on fishing. catchmorebass.com/
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
WRB

Post by WRB »

San Diego has lots of charter boats, stay another day and go fishing.
The guide doesn’t expect to be paid if he had engine problems and should have got another boat for you!
Tom
Rmats

Post by Rmats »

ash wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:12 am If you never left the dock or went fishing I would expect not to be charged for the guide trip. I would not expect a refund further then the cost of the guide trip. by the looks of the video you guys got to go fishing and enjoy your time in San Diego. Next time you're looking for a local guide Gerry Mahieu - you wont find a a friendly guide who is stoked on fishing. catchmorebass.com/
I'll have to look Gerry up! Thanks for the recommendation!
Rmats

Post by Rmats »

WRB wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:20 am San Diego has lots of charter boats, stay another day and go fishing.
The guide doesn’t expect to be paid if he had engine problems and should have got another boat for you!
Tom
He tried to get another guide and also tried to borrow another boat but he said it was really coming down to the time being too late. Unfortunate it happened to us but I guess it happens.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Had a similar thing happen with a charter out of Fort Bragg. Got a call at our motel the night before. Rats had gotten into his boat and chewed up wires. He had worked most of the day trying to fix it, but finally no go. We had not paid yet so no money changed hands. We were disappointed, spent the day with a little sight seeing and headed home. On another similar occasion we found another captain and went out for a great day. When these boats get used as hard as they often do, stuff breaks, and maybe maintenance get delayed.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Just wondering if a guide would make good shark bait :lol:
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Rmats

Post by Rmats »

Pat wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:41 pm Had a similar thing happen with a charter out of Fort Bragg. Got a call at our motel the night before. Rats had gotten into his boat and chewed up wires. He had worked most of the day trying to fix it, but finally no go. We had not paid yet so no money changed hands. We were disappointed, spent the day with a little sight seeing and headed home. On another similar occasion we found another captain and went out for a great day. When these boats get used as hard as they often do, stuff breaks, and maybe maintenance get delayed.
Pretty heartbreaking. You are right- the boat and motor gets a lot of hours (plus in the salt)- stuff breaks.