Pet Peeves

JGB

Pet Peeves

Post by JGB »

How many times have you guys hooked up the boat in the morning, drove to the gas station and while filling up someone asks you, " Going Fishing!" :idea:

I also can't stand it when I'm at a gas station and someone decides to climb over my trailer hitch instead of walking around. :evil:

Hope you guys don't mind me venting :) but I'm sure there are some of you who agree with me. :lol:

Jarod
shifterpilot2001

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by shifterpilot2001 »

I can understand your venting, what I hate is swiping my card to fill up the boat, start it, only to have the damn thing stop at $50.00.....WTF..... thats like 14.5 gallons.... than they say it's for my protection, again...WTF.... I am protected by the bank against fraud, so why do they really stop it at $50.00 ?

Thanks for listening..... LOL
sTony

Post by sTony »

I can understand your venting, what I hate is swiping my card to fill up the boat, start it, only to have the damn thing stop at $50.00.....WTF..... thats like 14.5 gallons.... than they say it's for my protection, again...WTF.... I am protected by the bank against fraud, so why do they really stop it at $50.00 ?
This is definitely a pet peeve of mine and I would suggest if they really want to 'protect' me they should lower the price of gas by at least a buck or more a gallon. That would help me out a bunch. I can't even fill up my truck for $50 for crying out loud.

sTony
rmcollins3

Post by rmcollins3 »

Fishing a point and having a jet skier go in between me and the bank. :roll:
Dan McKenzie

Post by Dan McKenzie »

5' wake from a 50' yacht going 15-20 knots-obviously not worried about the HIGH fuel prices.
People wearing cock-eyed basball hats with tags still on them-I'll never get used to that one.
Did someone say gas prices!! They have us by the huevos on this.
shifterpilot2001

Post by shifterpilot2001 »

Here's some food for thought..... I raced Superbikes and Shifter Karts for around 12 years, and the cost of race fuel has never fluctuated like the pump fuel............And now Super at the pumps is close to what I paid a few months ago for some Trick 110 Octane.....We are being abused by Corporate America.......
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Two pet peeves. One.. The cost of fuel and the government always talking about doing something about it, but never going beyond talk, due to their hands recieving money to do so. Two.. The show of ignorance and/or lack of manners (which I am resonable sure their mothers taught them) by many now adays that have to use the F word in their talk and about every fourth or so word during any conversation or talk. And they never seem to care who is around to hear them. Bill K :(
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
Murph

Post by Murph »

Gobs of fishing line, left behind in the parking lots!
It might be lonely at the Top, but it's a bitch, at the Bottom !
Ken C.

Re: The $50 Limit...

Post by Ken C. »

Is really to protect them! If you read the rules of most credit cards, if your card is lost or stolen you are only responsible for the first $50. By limiting your purchase to $50 (or less :evil: ) at a time they can make you pay the money and the credit card company and/or the merchant are out nothing if someone else uses your card! :roll:
[i][b]To the world, you might be just one person. But to one person, you just might be the world...[/b][/i]
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/shred1080/misc/Disclaimer.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Kadota.jpg[/img]
mjr

Re: The $50 Limit...

Post by mjr »

i hate when someone goes between you and the shoreline where you are fishin and then asks.......catchin anything? now if i could only get my credit card to stop at 50 bucks in the tackle shop, i would be good to go!
Kelly Ripa

Mine happened yesterday!

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I hate folks who have a boat and don't know it's not a car! I had Thirston Howell the the third cruise buy me yesterday not more than 15 yards off my starboard ( at least he didn't go between me and the bank ) just looking at the shore for a new place to fish by the look of it. It was a great big 26 foot stern drive going about 20 MPH.... I packed up after I ate water across the deck and followed him and the coversation went something like this:...Gosh Buddy I'm sorry I was in your way back there but I suppose it's because I'm a jerk. But I wanted to stop and thank you....Blank stare...There I was sit'n there being a jerk wait'n for another jerk at the end of my line when you came along and made my day by proving your the biggest JERK on THIS lake today. Try using your head chief! If your going to plow along looking at the bank try using the rest of the lake not being used so I don't eat 20 gallons over your wake over my bow from that P.T. boat your driving! Crikey I can't wait for Clear Lake in two weeks :oops: :wink:
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
Jeff C.

Re: Pet Peeves*NM*

Post by Jeff C. »

*NM*
Last edited by Jeff C. on Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ron C

Too funny...

Post by Ron C »

while filling up someone asks you, " Going Fishing?"
...Here's your sign!

How about them wake boarders with their frigging stereo systems cranked up so loud that you can hear them across the lake? Do they ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe not everyone has their same taste in music?
Bill kizer

Post by Bill kizer »

"Going fishing?" No, just cruising around at 4 AM to look cool and pick up chicks. Here's your sign.

Pet peeve, dip **** who backs to the water on a two lane ramp directly in the middle with a jet ski, jet ski still strapped down, then proceeds to load a cooler of beer, scratch his ***, all this while 70 something bass boats are trying to load up after 8 hours in the wind and the rain and the non-biting bass.

Bill
Just call me Tule bender
CATCHEMCARO

Post by CATCHEMCARO »

Mine is having to be driving to work at that perfect time in the morning when I just know I should be fishing with my friends in a float tube while working some docks or flipping a mile of tullies on good ol Clear Lake.

Rich
WWW.SCBBBC.COM
http://catchemcarobaits.com/index.html
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

The 60 year old jet skiing lady in Sandmound. She runs S's all day long, I come out at the end of the 5mph on my way home, she comes up and hangs a Uweeeeee, soaking me and my clients. In an effort to duck the second spray, my Yamamoto hat is blown off, I shut down to turn around and go git it, this old twit hangs another Uweee and race me towards it, cutting right in front of my boat just as I git to it. I have absolutely no way of stopping my forward motion nor manuvering out of the way and plow right into her. The bitch has the nerve to turn around and say, "Take it easy big boy. Yer a rookie huh?" Tosses me my hat and rips off another wake soaking us and wails on down the slough.

These old folks, who ride jet skiis and think they is 19 again, Scary!
BassTraveler

Post by BassTraveler »

After fishing the Pro/Teen today...I've got nothing to vent and everything to smile about.
What a great and fun day on the water. :wink:
[url=http://www.nosweatmist.com/][img]http://www.westernbass.com/shared/sponsors/150x50/nosweat.jpg[/img][/url]
www.nixonsmarine.com
rmcollins3

Post by rmcollins3 »

Along those same lines...

I hate when I'm trying to launch my boat by myself, tie up to the right area, and then someone grumbles something about me taking too much time.

I just waited in line for 20 minutes, I can take 5 to launch when I'm by myself. Gimme a break....or better yet, go park my truck! :lol:
Ken C.

Re: E-R-R-R-R-R, Seems to me

Post by Ken C. »

Yer BOAT certainly had something to vent this morning :oops: ! S-H-H-H... I won't tell :lol: :lol: :lol:

T'was good to see you again Sieg, and thanks for helping out today!
[i][b]To the world, you might be just one person. But to one person, you just might be the world...[/b][/i]
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/shred1080/misc/Disclaimer.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Kadota.jpg[/img]
miklanderson

Post by miklanderson »

1. People who let there kids run wild at campsites...while they sit in their site and get drunk. I dont mind the well behaved (or even semi well behaved...LOL) kids. It's the undisciplined little brats I dont care for.

2. Getting up a 2 in the morning to go fishing, driving to the boat storage place, and finding that the guy next to me in the storage place unplugged my boat from the electrical hookup to plug his in.

3. Coming back from a long days fishing to find that someone has hit my boat trailer in the parking lot and not left a phone number to contact them.

4. People who pull right next to me (or 20 feet in front of or behind me) because they see me sticking fish.

Post by Guest »

I have 100's of them... but, here are my top few.

1. People using this and other boards to take cheap shots at other people. Have a problem with someone.. Call them, or send them an email to at least attempt to solve it before you blast 'em on the internet! Fishing is supposed to be a FUN activity and all the negativity certainly doesn't make it any more FUN!

2. Ramp issues... I agree with most of them on here... but, the guy who backs down then unstraps and packs everything in the boat while blocking the ramp takes the cake.

3. The big boats flying by only feet from me when I am fishing also pisses me off. One time (at band camp) I was fishing parallel to a rock wall, putting my boat in 2 feet of water and fishing right down the semi vertical wall. A wake boarder flew by with a boarder in tow and the wake picked my boat up and slammed it on the rocks. Not much I could do about it. I went to chase em down and give them either an earfull or a mouthfull... and found it had broke my shifting cable so I couldn't get it out of neutral. So I trolling motored all the way back right through the middle of the lake while the asshole did circles around my boat with his boarder. Thinking back on it, I think I was off to a wedding that night or something so I couldn't wait for him in the parking lot to have a small chat!
BassTraveler

Post by BassTraveler »

Cooch,
Sounds like she's teesing you.
Maybe you should just take her out.
Man, can't you tell when your getting hit on. Har! :lol:
[url=http://www.nosweatmist.com/][img]http://www.westernbass.com/shared/sponsors/150x50/nosweat.jpg[/img][/url]
www.nixonsmarine.com
BassTraveler

Post by BassTraveler »

Ken,
I completely forgot about that.
I found the plug...in my Truck.
Thanks for the help. :wink:
www.nixonsmarine.com
Fishin' Dave

Trucks

Post by Fishin' Dave »

I hate guys with trucks that take some secret trick to starting them. We had to stand on one leg, close the opposite eye, and press our nose to the wheel to get Seigs truck started. I thought this thing was brand new bud? Is this what is refered to as a Fresno security system?

I also do not like trucks with no a/c. Luckily there was only one yesterday.

Oh one more, What about those guys with brand new Ford trucks, wraped in advertising for their company with Fresno security systems towing a trailer half as wide as the truck. I guess you need Fresno mirrors to see that G3 trailer bud :lol:
Don't be lame. It's just fishing; you are not the new mesiah you know! Check your attitude at the door Mr. Spinners on da boat trailer.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

I am with you bud, I have my game down with launching by myself it takes me 5 minutes from start to me in the boat. Then some big shot "im better then you" guy slides behind me and begins to unstrap his new 50K rig. Come on, I CAN ONLY LAUNCH BY THE RAMP.

Bass Boats that think that jet skiers are lice and make the same silly azz manuevers coming around a blind point or in between me and the shore. :twisted:

Biggest pet peeve, when you buddy saco j0hn makes you backlash all the way down to the spool on a newly spooled reel! :wink:

rmcollins3 wrote:Along those same lines...

I hate when I'm trying to launch my boat by myself, tie up to the right area, and then someone grumbles something about me taking too much time.

I just waited in line for 20 minutes, I can take 5 to launch when I'm by myself. Gimme a break....or better yet, go park my truck! :lol:
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Calistar

Post by Calistar »

TomLeogrande wrote:
1. People using this and other boards to take cheap shots at other people. Have a problem with someone.. Call them, or send them an email to at least attempt to solve it before you blast 'em on the internet! Fishing is supposed to be a FUN activity and all the negativity certainly doesn't make it any more FUN!
Exactly! This has to be my number #1 as well. How many times have we seen someone blasted here on the forum over the past year. If you have a problem with someone TALK TO THAT PERSON!

don't backstab here.
MN

Post by MN »

I agree with all the ramp stuff,but what really pisses me off is my dear wife will leave every damn cabinet open after she use's one.I come home and go get a beer and fifteen door's are open.DOESNT THIS BOTHER YOU HONEY. :P
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

My #1 pet peeve: Not having a REAL person that will truley represent the great people of this nation to vote for! That simply kills me! There is no way to get them into the system and there are'nt enough people with the right stuff that give a hoot and will make real change.
#2: People that say "One person can make all the difference". It takes a army that will follow that one person!
#3: The fact that all politcians are liars and that most of us have been so conditioned to that fact that we laugh and joke about it and accept it. These MORONS are going to really screw things and we will be the ones to pay, and we still do nothing.

Some of us don't know how to start a conversation, except to ask the obvious. You might even get that blank stare after you give them your smart azz remark. You might never know who you just insulted?
I had to come back...I know...
CORAL 96

Post by CORAL 96 »

#1. Not getting out enough to fish. :wink:

#2. Not seeming to use the boat enough. :(

Everything else mentioned here I can deal with!!! :o
Lance

Post by Lance »

Mike, I totally agree with you.

Your going to the lake at 4 am blasting OLD Metallica or Korn and you get behind the 2 cars that thinks YOUR a cop or the INS :x :x
bassrippin365

Post by bassrippin365 »

If there is one thing that gets my blood going,it is the sob's on the water who show no common sense.Now I totally understand that everybody is entitled to the water but please go a couple hundred yards down the bank.I don't think that is to much to ask of anybody.The problem is gradually getting worse.For those of you who still don't know what i'm talking about, i'll tell you -To see somebody fishing a stretch and pull right in the front of them is wrong and disrespectful.now there has been the exeception when somebody is fishing a tournament and they ask if they can go ahead, i'll gladly let them as long as i'm not fishing a tournament.All in all what i'm trying to say is let's all show each other some respect and courtesy while fishing out on the water.again not 20 feet,not 40 feet,not fifty feet.For starters let's try fifty yards for those of you who feel the need to press your luck no matter what the cost.
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Absolutely inane catch phrases.....

24/7/365

he gives/gave 110% to the sport

No doubt there are many, many more..
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
Marty

Post by Marty »

Mac, do you mean phrases like:

The only days of the week that are worth fishing are those that end with the letter "Y"..

Sorry – I could not help myself – hope you land a big one :wink: :wink:
eddybilt

Post by eddybilt »

Water skiers!!!!!
In a tournamet...boat 121, 123 and 124 sitting in the middle of the channel at the start line when the tournament director is trying to launch boat #1 at the start of blast off. :evil:
Water skiers!!!??
Back lashed Braid.....
Did I mention water skiers????
Oh Going to the gas station.
Missing first place by .07 of a lb
Duck blinds 1 foot below the water level in Franks Tract.
Water Skiers
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Did he mention Water Skiers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
RichThiel

Re: Funny one's I have gotten over the years

Post by RichThiel »

While washing down the boat one day a neighbor (Elietiest) walked by and asked if I was going sail'in....DumAss you see any rigs on this boat.

Casey my Jack Russel in the truck grawlin at a kid thats about 13 dressed up in all Black from head to toe...ask'in me if the dog bites....No kid the dog is advertising for a toothpaste commerical...

Scaper boats or cigar boats runn'in 60-80 miles an hour then turn's and ask you where lost Isles is or Union Point....Happen about 4 times in the last two weeks on the Delta. With no kids in the boat I point them towards Mt Diablo.....

Jet Skier just ran out of Gas and then he asked you to take him back to Disco when your in Lathrope ...Call Mommeee on the Cell to come an get you....Oh ya I forgot...She's going to be Pissed.

The Ramp stuff...I've become Numb too....

Rich
Guide on the California Delta and Lake Berryessa for Largemouth, Smallmouth and Spots. Teach all known techniques with up to date artificial baits.

www.calbassguide.com ,

Best 5 over 7lbs for 09
1- 8lb 3oz
2- 10.73
3- 9.06
4-
5-
bustout

Post by bustout »

......when just about every cast brings back a load of moss/weeds

.....on a 2 lane launch ramp, someone backs down the middle of the ramp which doesn't allow another boat to launch beside

.....when your backseater/seaters dont do ANYTHING when you have a nice one on and need the net!

.....when you announce that you are moving to another area and pull the trolling mtr up...your backseater/seaters keep casting and dont clean up their tackle mess in preparation to run

....when you announce that you are moving to a area that everyone knows you will be on plane....your backseater asks..."can i stay on the rear pedestal seat while you are runnin?
rickyshabazz

Post by rickyshabazz »

Non-Boaters who think that they know everything and get in your boat and try to run things.

Come on guys if you were (are) really as good as you think then pony up the money and fish from the front of the boat.

Secondly, guys who step all over your seats, leave trash and act like these boats don't take forever to keep clean. Show a little respect even if you don't have respect for your self.

I do have to sale this thing and it is getting harder and harder.
The Wanabepro
R Marxmiller

Post by R Marxmiller »

1. Guys who constantly bash the backseater.

2. Guys who think because they are fishing a bank 250 yards in every direction is reserved for them, and anybody who fishes with-in this self imposed "no fly zone" is an inconsiderate jerk, with no common sense.

3. Gas Prices

4. Jet skiers

5. Wake Boarders and Rap.

6. Guys who think because they fish a point, tree, rock one time, it is thier water forever.

7. guys who watch you wipe down your boat, and then come over and lean on the rail and ask " what are you doing?"

8. House Boats

9. Idiots with the Binford 100 million candle power spot light at night!

10. cheaters
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Hey Ricky, about that stepping on the seats to get to the rear deck..Some of us really don't have exceptionally long legs or limber legs to step over them and up to the rear deck..I sure wish there were at least a step to get up there..I am not as young as I used to be or want to be..It seems every bassboat I have been on lately has everything upholstered where the seats are, and I can understand you not wanting someone stepping all over your seats..How about providing an easy way to get on the rear deck..

mac
rexford

Post by rexford »

Harley riders that have to gun it after every down shift
and continue gunning it while stopped waiting for the light.

I would try to tell them but like a porcupine they both have
pricks on their backs ;) PS I love Harleys just let off the throttle
at the lights fellas she will keep running.

Punks that spend 2000 dollars putting a killer stereo in their
1986 Honda Civic but wont spend 2 bucks on bottom bolts
for their license plate holder.

If your gonna make me listen to that crap at least secure the
car rattles. Bzzz bzzz bzzzz bzzz bzzz. Di*khead.

Cell phone Soccer Moms. Princess if your going to chat it
up on the way to Johnnies game please put the god damn
explorer in cruise control.

We all know you can't drive and talk at the same time so when
you pile drive some poor SOB in a Prius you at least got the speed
right.

Counrtywide and Bowflex

If I take out a second on my home and buy the damn Bowflex will
you leave me alone?
Ken C.

Post by Ken C. »

Mac, I think on most newer bassboats the center seat either flips up or down in some manner as to allow easy access to the back deck without stepping on the seats. I guess the best thing would be to ask your boater if the seat flips down for stepping up to the back. And boaters, perhaps that's something you could offer up to your back-seater as you are showing him or her around your boat before you head out! :wink: :wink:
Ken C.

Post by Ken C. »

Mike,

Dude, it's all about the persona man :lol: I could go on and on about the Harley guys but the two things other than what you mentioned that make me laugh is the helmets with a braided ponytail attached to the inside of the helmet (yes I actually saw a guy take his off at a gas station along 99 and there were some for sale at the Bethel Island 50's Bash last weekend :lol: ) and that the really cool guys ride with their feet layed all out on the "floorboards" with toes pointed outward... ("not that there's anything wrong with that").

Whatever floats their boat. Most riders are really cool folks, but I just gotta laugh sometimes.

As for the license plate frame thing, they take out those bolts just to get the rattle going :roll:
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Ken, what I try and do is place my life vest on the seat and step on that, or put it in the middle and do the same thing..I have seen some boats with a step middle, but most seem to have an upholstered cover for their cooler or other storage bin..Using my life vest has caused me to slip and almost fall, but so far I have been able to recover and not do any damage to myself or the uphostlery..

mac
Bill kizer

Post by Bill kizer »

My boat is an 05 with a seat that doesn't flip down. I solved the problem by taking out the middle seat replacing it with a peace of 1x12 pine, covered it with carpet, then resecured it to the boat like the seat was.
It looks great.
If I take a third party they just use my throwable life preserver to sit on.
Bill
Just call me Tule bender
bassrippin365

Post by bassrippin365 »

1.guys who just don't get it.

2.guys that post and truly show they have no common sense.

3.guys who will run their boat in and around driftwood,tullies,docks,etc and then whine if you lean on their boat.

Last edited by bassrippin365 on Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FIVEBAGS

Post by FIVEBAGS »

1. Guys who bash the backseater, and blame them for thier lack of ability and or performance. :cry:

2. guys who bash the backseater for not getting the net when they have a 13.25" ( nice one ) on. :twisted:

3. Guys that do not know how to spell whine. :roll:

4. Did I mention guys that show the backseater no respect? :shock:

5. guys with no clue, no class, and no grip on reality. :o

Man, everyone needs to lighten up, it is all about FUN!! Can't we all just get along!
bassrippin365

Post by bassrippin365 »

I wasn't directing my comments toward backseaters.but you probably wouldn't know that because you didn't read all of the posts.my comments were directed to a certain individual,he knows who he is.whine,whine,whine,whine,whine.there is that better.five whines for five bags.

tip- you only need one bag for those dinks.lol-not
StockOption

Post by StockOption »

Driving on 101 at about 65-70mph and being passed by a "rocket scientist" talking on a cell phone with one hand and smoking a cigarette with the other :shock: :shock:
Bassinlee

Some other peeves...

Post by Bassinlee »

1. Dudes who park their trailer across two lanes when they get to the ramp at o'dark thirty in the morning, figuring, hey, nobody's coming, there's plenty of space.

2. Jetskiers who fly down the lake in a straight line until they see you quietly fishing a spot, then stop and start wave jumping nearby.

3. Guys who shorefish and leave empty beer cans, worm tubs and fishing line all the hell over the shoreline. I usually end up with a garbage bag full of stuff to put in the dumpster b/c I just hate to see it.

4. Drivers on the freeway a half mile behind you who flash their lights when you move over out of the slow lane to let a merging car or truck enter the freeway.

5. Guys who have their own tackleboxes, but are constantly asking if they could "borrow" a hook, or splitshot, or somesuch, b/c they're too unorganized to find it in their own box, and yours is easily accessible. Answer? Now it's NO!:evil:

6. Boaters who come FLYING around blind corners presuming there is nobody coming from the other direction.

NOW!!
A couple of things I really like.

1. Big honkin multistory cruisers that slow to a craw as they pass you, then punch it when they're past you.

2. Finding plastic baits on the ground at the launch ramp, tying them on to fish a particularly nasty tangle, and catching a toad with em.

3. Looking at all the traffic on the freeway on my fishing day, Monday, and they're all heading in the opposite direction.

4. Putting my rod down to eat a sandwich, and watching it jump, because I cast my Senko out to see if deadstickiing would work on a likely spot.

5. Listening to a guy on a jetski telling his girlfriend as he passes that he tries not to interfere with fishermen. (He doesn't think we can hear him)

6. I remember there was something else... um, lessee now. OH! Right. I got it. FISHING!

-Bassinlee