Jay Yelas retires from Elites

WB Staff

Jay Yelas retires from Elites

Post by WB Staff »

Jay Yelas retires from Elites.jpg
Bassmaster Elite Series pro Jay Yelas, a Bass Fishing Hall of Famer, is retiring from tournament competition to concentrate on his work getting disabled children fishing.

“I just let folks at B.A.S.S. know that I decided to retire from tournament fishing to focus on running the CAST for Kids Foundation,” the 57-year-old said. “So I’ve fished my last tournament.”

Yelas, who won the 2002 Bassmaster Classic and was Angler of the Year the following season, was having a great 2022 Elite season when tendonitis in both elbows forced him out. The ambidextrous pro from Lincoln City, Ore., left mid-event and took a medical hardship despite standing 13th after two days at the Lake Fork Elite.

“That was a bummer for me,” said Yelas, who experienced excruciating shooting pains. “I was doing well at that event … I’ve never had to pull out of one before.
Full story: https://www.bassmaster.com/elite/news/d ... rve-youth/
jiggin4bass

Re: Jay Yelas retires from Elites

Post by jiggin4bass »

A great guy I meet him at a couple of Christian bass tournaments i fished with my brother a few years ago. My brother knows him well working with cast for kids.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley