Closing Clear Lake to Tournaments

coyote268

Closing Clear Lake to Tournaments

Post by coyote268 »

There is a rumor going around that Fish and Wildlife is closing it to tournaments due to low water and oxygen levels. +
JL

Re: Closing Clear Lake to Tournaments

Post by JL »

I believe there is some truths spoken.
RMANZO

Post by RMANZO »

It’s true. All permits cancelled
“BOOK IT”
offthehookbassadventures.com
Facebook OFF THE HOOK BASS ADVENTURES
Instagram Robert Mansor
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

As of this moment it looks like most Clear Lake permits have been pulled for October and the couple that are left have been changed to pending as opposed to approved.

You can always check the CDFW permit site. We have a link here: cdfw-tournament-permit-page-t132405.html

Current showing for Clear Lake
Attachments
permits.png
Dave Brabec

Post by Dave Brabec »

Also heard next summer will only have 1 event permit a month.There is 2 kinds of permits .Event or Annual .Clubs
under 25 boats get Annual.
Sam K

Post by Sam K »

Got a look at Redbud this past wkend. No wonder.
basstard650

Post by basstard650 »

Good. Place needs a break. The amount of permits pulled there in the last few years is unreal
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Want to stop all the permits being pulled DFG should charge $1500.00 per permit for the big fishing clubs 100 to 200 boats an $1000.00 for local bass clubs with 1 to 99 boats. Bet that would slow tournament traffic down.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
StogieMan

Post by StogieMan »

I am following this thread but also confused.
There will be zero tournaments for October, is that right?
As far as next year there will be one tournament per month, do I understand that right?
Dave Brabec

Post by Dave Brabec »

Like I said above .There are 2 kinds of permits.Event or Annual.What I heard is May through October 1 event a month.Doesnt effect Annual permits .Water temps dropped into high 60s DFW might have been a little premature about October.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

It looks now all in Oct have been eliminated

https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FishingContests/ ... ke+County)
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

Dave Brabec wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:46 am Like I said above .There are 2 kinds of permits.Event or Annual.What I heard is May through October 1 event a month.Doesnt effect Annual permits .Water temps dropped into high 60s DFW might have been a little premature about October.
This is completely insane. Counting Sundays and other major events there are likely 5 or 6 "Event" permits a month. Issuing only one event permit for peak months will create a complete feeding frenzy for the larger circuits to get a CL permit,
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

So my question is..How did they go from wanting to get all invasive species out of the lake to SAVE THE LARGEMOUTH :?:
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
StogieMan

Post by StogieMan »

I have never understood the approach this state takes toward the management of our fisheries. California Fisheries Management, there's an oxymoron if ever there was one.

Many "other states" have very successful and documented programs that, as intended, support, protect and enhance the natural resources for which they are responsible.

What does our DFG (sorry DFW) actually do, can anyone tell me?
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

for the last 20 years?...Hmmmm ... DFW has mostly been busting pot growers in our parks and wilderness areas.
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
Csuhchris

Post by Csuhchris »

Not surprised. NewJen, BBT, and WWBT along with County mismanagement have played pivotal roles in destroying an amazing fishery. It’ll bounce back, but aggressive counter measures are needed to yield results.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Its about time CDFW did this, they should do this at most lakes in CA. The number of tourneys at all lakes is out of control. Clear Lake is dying and the number of tourneys is a huge contributor to that. I also want to thank CDFW for completely ruining Trinity Lake, you should be proud of yourself (actually its one person that should be proud of themselves)
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

$7.00 a gallon of gas is back in the central valley now and 2035 will be here sooner than you think. Cars Trucks Simi trucks Ski boats Pontoon boats Bass boats Jet skies Motor homes will all be gone.
Governor Nutsack will make sure of that
And the funny thing is the Republicans can't do any thing about it. Get your kayaks ready :lol:
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Dave Brabec

Post by Dave Brabec »

jiggin4bass wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:52 pm $7.00 a gallon of gas is back in the central valley now and 2035 will be here sooner than you think. Cars Trucks Simi trucks Ski boats Pontoon boats Bass boats Jet skies Motor homes will all be gone.
And the funny thing is the Republicans can't do any thing about it. Get your kayaks ready :lol:
No one is taking away your trucks and boats .Real trucks not affected till 2045 .Just wont be able to buy new gas half tons in 2035.
JL

Post by JL »

jiggin4bass wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:52 pm $7.00 a gallon of gas is back in the central valley now and 2035 will be here sooner than you think. Cars Trucks Simi trucks Ski boats Pontoon boats Bass boats Jet skies Motor homes will all be gone.
" You will get over it " LOL! :lol:
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

I could careless what the governor doing to this state. It's nothing personal it's just business. Will see what northern ca looks like in the next 10 years in the delta area.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
StogieMan

Post by StogieMan »

Steve wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:10 pm Its about time CDFW did this, they should do this at most lakes in CA. The number of tourneys at all lakes is out of control. Clear Lake is dying and the number of tourneys is a huge contributor to that. I also want to thank CDFW for completely ruining Trinity Lake, you should be proud of yourself (actually its one person that should be proud of themselves)
I agree with you up to a point. As a lake county/ clear lake resident I will occasionally fish a team tournament event here with my friend however if all is well in my world; I am on the water every Saturday. Given there is "always" a tournament on Saturdays, sometimes more than one, the competition for water can be very frustrating at times. I realize that sounds hypocritical!

My issue is the DFW and their approach to managing and maintaining a healthy ecosystem, is that not their job? If I have that wrong just tell me. So the only thing I have EVER seen them do is close a lake to everyone or in this case they want to limit tournament activity. Limiting tournament activity is probably long over due but what about the algae issue and the water quality. What about the air boats that poison the lake with pellets. What about stocking. What about a slot limit. What about any "other" way to manage a lake other than closing it or cutting access?
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Link to current water levels https://waterdata.usgs.gov/monitoring-l ... period=P7D

2021 to 2022 water level comparison
clear lake water level.png
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

Csuhchris wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:21 am Not surprised. NewJen, BBT, and WWBT along with County mismanagement have played pivotal roles in destroying an amazing fishery. It’ll bounce back, but aggressive counter measures are needed to yield results.
I sure would like you to explain your thinking on these thoughts your having ..