OTWI Custom made kayak trailers

bass343

OTWI Custom made kayak trailers

Post by bass343 »

This question is for you serious Kayak fisherman out there. If you had the chance to purchase a custom made Kayak trailer with all the cool features like Dee Zee gear boxes, lighting, Yakima Rod locker loading platforms etc: Who would buy one? The options are endless.

Check out (OTWI) On The Water Innovation custom made Kayak trailers. Check out their site
onthewaterinnovations.com

I’m trying to get a feel on the demand on the west coast. Possibly, working on a dealership here on the west coast.
Ring King

Re: OTWI Custom made kayak trailers

Post by Ring King »

They are fantastic trailers! I absolutely love mine!! There are only two that I know of currently on the West Coast due to the high shipping price. Hopefully you get enough interest to work this out.
basstrophy

Post by basstrophy »

Hello OTWI,

I have been fishing kayak tournaments on the West Coast the last couple of years. I have noticed more and more trailers that anglers have made/customized/modified to make launching easer. I too have made my own trailer, before hand doing my research, I did look at what you have to offer but the shipping and cost of the trailer was expensive so I decide to make my own. Yeah, I have a half bucket of money put into my double kayak trailer once I was done, with this said, if you had a dealer out west say the Tracy area ( location due to 100 mile radios you can achieve a higher customer base, plus, the most freeways meet in that area ) I would have purchased one of your trailers. You do make a sweet kayak trailer.

So this last week California had it's West Coast Championship, not to my surprise, there were more kayak trailers than last year. Today's kayaks are bigger and heavier plus add all the other equipment, it sure makes launching and recovering faster and easier.

Just a little note, most anglers here on the west coast are going with trolling motors on the front of their kayaks. They use the trolling motor to launch and recover remotely so the kayak goes on the trailer backwards, back of kayak towards their truck. It's pretty slick to see guys sit inside their truck and load their kayak onto the trailer. Launching they drive it off and then spot lock them or dock the kayak. It's the wave of the future for sure.

cheers!!
Dave Brabec

Post by Dave Brabec »

If you are a serious kayak guy you buy a long bed truck.
Ring King

Post by Ring King »

Hey Dave, I have a long bed truck and an OTWI Kakak Trailer! Does that make me an extra serious kayak guy? LOL

I used to prefer using the truck bed for my Hobie PA14 but after owning the OTWI trailer for the last year and a half I dread the trips where I don't get to use it. I just got back from the ABA Working Man Kayak Series Championship down on Lake Havasu and elected not to take the trailer so that I wasn't limited to the 55mph speed limit. Boy was that a mistake!!!! It takes so much longer and so much more effort to launch from the back of the truck when you have to load your gear, rods, Torqeedo, fishing finder, Livescope etc after getting the kayak out of the truck! When using the trailer you can get all that stuff ready in the parking lot and then you're only on the ramp for a matter a minutes.

Denny makes one heck of a trailer and hopefully this all gets figured out so that his trailers can be purchased here on the West Coast!