Anyone else getting this info about Tackle Warehouse?

ILW

Anyone else getting this info about Tackle Warehouse?

Post by ILW »

Anyone else getting this crazy info about Tackle Warehouse with a request to sign up for the claim?

Sorry I dont know how to show it all here but this is a copy and paste of part of what I keep getting but I haven't gotten any notification of a breach from TW???

Sports Warehouse, through the websites Running Warehouse, Skate Warehouse, Tackle Warehouse, or Tennis Warehouse, exposed the personal information of over 1.8 million current and former customers, including millions of credit card numbers and other bank account information.

State laws require companies to protect your personal information

When a company fails to use the proper security measures and enables hackers to steal your information, you are likely entitled to compensation.

Companies Often Fail to Protect Your Personal Information

Website operators like Sports Warehouse and other companies that collect your personal and financial information have a legal obligation to protect your data from hackers and other people who might try to steal it.

Rather than spending the time and resources to protect your data, many companies will try to save money by not upgrading their security systems.

Potentially Lifelong Credit Risks

Depending on the information stolen, a data breach like Sports Warehouse's can cause extensive and lifelong damage to your financial stability. There have been reports of compromised data being sold on the cyber black market for years after a breach occurred.

Unfortunately, since much of your personal information never changes, such as your name and social security number, a data breach can force you to take additional precautions to protect your identity for the rest of your life.

Data Breach Victims Can Seek Compensation

If Sports Warehouse failed to protect your data, you can likely bring a legal claim to get compensation.

Even if you have not experienced identity theft or other negative financial affects of the breach, you may still bring a claim.

If you bought something on Tennis Warehouse, Tackle Warehouse, Running Warehouse, or Skate Warehouse, you likely qualify to sign up for a compensation claim.
JL

Re: Anyone else getting this info about Tackle Warehouse?

Post by JL »

My Amex card was hacked twice after TW was breached! I will be closely watching THIS!
Charles

Post by Charles »

The link i saw on Instagram worded the same as this was a SCAM.

I too was hacked but I haven’t received any official correspondence.
Smokie

Post by Smokie »

I keep seeing this online too, and my info got hacked once threw tackle warehouse. It didn't cost me anything but a messed up order and having to make a new accout with TW. Looks as though they got class action sued, I incured a few random one to five dollar fraudulent purchases on my card with that info that was stolen but my card cancelled them as I notified them each time, I could see how these "lil" purchases could go unnoticed since they were minute, but my card tracked it back to TW as where my info got hacked. I'm not trying to go after em I wish they'd let me at the dang scammers though I might do a lil more than the law would allow... Wondering how big that was now though
Paul Matthews

Post by Paul Matthews »

The grammar on this letter is very suspicious. My first guess is it is a scam. Call T/W and bring it to their attention. I have not seen this B/4.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

When did Tackle Warehouse become Wilderness Sports Wharehouse, LLC ?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Not sure if it is true or not.
A couple of us got this or something like it this year.
Could it just be another way to get people to give up more information??

Wilderness Sports Warehouse Accessing of Customers’ PII Complaint
January 13, 2022

This class action takes up an all-too-present topic—a data breach. It brings suit against Wilderness Sports Warehouse, LLC (which does business as Tackle Warehouse, LLC0;

https://classactionsreporter.com/wilder ... ss-action/
Smokie

Post by Smokie »

It def seemed fishy, like put your info in here. I also dont believe tackle warehouse to be owned by watever warehouse either idk boys i think theyre trying to use us for bait all a sudden. so today I got a message from anthony gagliardi saying i won something, also worded like a robot not a fisherman, but im a poor sap who loves gagliardi so i gave it a go till it wanted me to enter my info into some thing claiming hes given out 5k, yep i may not be the sharpest hook in the box but im not getting stuck to that one, couldnt have just sent me the zenon in the picture, noooo... I noticed his real page is lower case lettered hope, never seen the likeness of one of us fisherman used in a scam yet that was a new first for me fellas, tried to let him know we shall see how that turns out. I feel some of you married guys pain on the now several box per order prediciment, funny how some of yall are willing to spend more to avoid that blunder... ive never had that much issue with TW they've always made right they fudge ups but they have sent me some poorly packed stuff over the years, with a free tshirt lol... which is great for grease monkeys like me so i like em enough to put it with it so far.
Smokie

Post by Smokie »

ill be following this to see if in fact they got class actioned or its just a scam somebody let us know
ILW

Post by ILW »

This kinda looks legit.

TOM HARGROVE, on behalf of himself
and all others similarly situated,
Plaintiff,
v.
WILDERNESS SPORTS WAREHOUSE,
LLC, d/b/a TACKLE WAREHOUSE;
RUNNING WAREHOUSE, LLC;
SPORTS WAREHOUSE, INC., d/b/a
TENNIS WAREHOUSE; AND
SKATE WAREHOUSE, LLC.

https://www.classaction.org/media/hargr ... -et-al.pdf
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I would suspect that when none of us could get our packages in a timely manner because of their *Shipping* issues. The Wilderness Sports Warehouse was coming up to speed most likely at the Alpharetta Lakes Pkwy. Address in Ga.I see on some of my orders. I just today got a back-order from TW that was ordered in the first week of April. As it is just some bare jig heads it's Strange that it didn't come from Ca.. Makes you wonder how long the San Luis Obispo store has got before it's shuttered. This year?
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
thebassholetackleshop

Post by thebassholetackleshop »

Shop local! We also ship same day/next day. If it's not online call us to check as so much in our small (packed to the ceiling) shop, hasn't made it to the website yet.
Jboutfishn

Post by Jboutfishn »

I cannot understand why most folks do not shop local. Open 7 days a week, carries everything, I don't have to wait for shipping, and good for the local economy.