Overall Boat Sales Dip Below Pre-Covid Levels

WB Staff

Overall Boat Sales Dip Below Pre-Covid Levels

Post by WB Staff »

nmma-boat-sales.jpg
The National Marine Manufacturers Association reported that new-powerboat sales were at 187,000 units in July year to date, a decline of 18 percent compared with the previous year.

New NMMA data also showed that while overall new-powerboat sales decreased 11 percent compared with January through July in prepandemic 2019, pontoons, wakeboats and yachts outpaced 2019 year-to-date sales levels.

“In the first seven months of the year, new-boat sales have dipped below our 2019 pace, demonstrating that the combination of economic uncertainty and the expected return of competition for consumers’ attention are starting to show their impact,” NMMA president and CEO Frank Hugelmeyer said in a statement. “This is not unique to boating, as most industries are experiencing pressures as inflation, a volatile stock market and talk of a global recession have grown.”

Although supply-chain challenges remain, they have prevented the boating industry from overproducing, as other segments did during the past two years, Hugelmeyer said.

“Marine dealer inventories remain fairly lean, signaling that pipelines are still being refilled, leaving the industry in a healthier position than past slowdowns in recent history,” he said.
New pontoon unit sales were down 13 percent year to date compared with the same period in 2021, but up 3 percent during the same period in 2019.

Unit sales of new wakeboats were down 11 percent year to date compared with the same period last year, but 16 percent higher than the same period in 2019.

New yacht unit sales year to date were flat compared with the same period in 2021, and 16 percent higher than the same period in 2019.
stickbait

Re: Overall Boat Sales Dip Below Pre-Covid Levels

Post by stickbait »

That’s because the prices are to damn high...and they blame it on covid!
Pat

Post by Pat »

I agree, huge price increases. We bought. A 2021 Nitro Z19 Pro in late 2020. We were out the door with a few options and a 7 year hitch to prop warranty, including sales tax, for just over $54k. Just saw a similar boat at Bass Pro for $67k, without tax or warranty!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Unfortunately Covid jacked up the world's supply chain. It dramatically affected EVERYTHING from food, petroleum, raw materials (wood, metal, plastic, chemicals, electronics). With companies that were shutdown or running with reduced hours, it will take at least another year or two to get back to normal. As a country, we are getting back on track far better than most other countries. Strong measures are in place to get the US back.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

This Goevernment gave dang near everybody around $3K. They're getting it back now with these high F'n prices.
There isn't anything selling now. Everybody when it comes to money their sphictener is closed up tight.
Covid was FAKE. Yes it was real to some but it was to get Trump OUT and to get the rest of us back in-line to who is actually in charge.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Brian D. wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:52 am Unfortunately Covid jacked up the world's supply chain. It dramatically affected EVERYTHING from food, petroleum, raw materials (wood, metal, plastic, chemicals, electronics). With companies that were shutdown or running with reduced hours, it will take at least another year or two to get back to normal. As a country, we are getting back on track far better than most other countries. Strong measures are in place to get the US back.
I agree.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Whoopbass wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:29 pm This Goevernment gave dang near everybody around $3K. They're getting it back now with these high F'n prices.
There isn't anything selling now. Everybody when it comes to money their sphictener is closed up tight.
Covid was FAKE. Yes it was real to some but it was to get Trump OUT and to get the rest of us back in-line to who is actually in charge.
I disagreed my fishing friend. Using your point of view, the entire WORLD has suffered just to get the Orange Nightmare out of the office? If you think that covid was "fake" then talk to a family member or friend's widow who passed away and feel their pain.
Kennortonjr

Post by Kennortonjr »

Brian D. wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:23 am
Whoopbass wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:29 pm This Goevernment gave dang near everybody around $3K. They're getting it back now with these high F'n prices.
I disagreed my fishing friend. Using your point of view, the entire WORLD has suffered just to get the Orange Nightmare out of the office? If you think that covid was "fake" then talk to a family member or friend's widow who passed away and feel their pain.
A truly noble effort, but sadly many of these people are beyond reasoning with (at least in a medium like this - I’m convinced over several hours of fishing I could have some of these guys singing a much more reasonable tune, but alas!).

By the way, I like the Icon! Some of my most relaxing moments of the last few years involve listening to early 2000s Stern show mp3’s while out catching bass - it’s a great combination.

With regard to the topic: I bought a new bass boat for a total of $53,000 in 2019….I just went through an online checkout and the same boat would be around $61,000 today.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Cheers Amigo!

I prefer Howard on long drives to kill the miles. For me, fishing & Howard on the boat is no bueno. I like calm and the ability to hear a 6 lb. bass crush a topwater.
JVGondal

Post by JVGondal »

COVID is and was used to control us. It was not fake. It is bad
It is also a gift to the liberal leftist

Covid did not effect the supply chain
The government’s over reach of power and control caused the problem
machadobass

Post by machadobass »

I agree!
Jboutfishn

Post by Jboutfishn »

Pat wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:10 pm I agree, huge price increases. We bought. A 2021 Nitro Z19 Pro in late 2020. We were out the door with a few options and a 7 year hitch to prop warranty, including sales tax, for just over $54k. Just saw a similar boat at Bass Pro for $67k, without tax or warranty!
I saw the same increase.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

If we band together and keep our old boats on the water it may keep those overpriced new boats on the showroom floor and then maybe the prices will adjust to more reasonable sticker prices.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Boat manufacturers won't cut there prices to the dealerships they ship to it will ever happen.
It just like big oil company's not cutting there big profits no matter how much fuel they
deliver. It we'll get better again just like it always has.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Boat manufacturers won't cut there prices to the dealerships they ship to it will ever happen.
It just like big oil company's not cutting there big profits no matter how much fuel they deliver.
It we'll get better again just like it always has.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Popper

Post by Popper »

You must be enjoying the last 20 months:
> Run-away Inflation
> Obscene food prices
> Obscene energy prices/fuel
> Opening the Southern borders to millions of illegal immigrants and sending them throughout the country.
> Destroy domestic energy production resulting in international trips begging for oil.
> $4,100,000,000,000 TRILLION in new spending on top of running $1,000,000,000,000 trillion annual deficits.
> Afghanistan debacle
> U.S President obvious incoherent speeches and thoughts on full public display.
:roll:
JVGondal

Post by JVGondal »

If it were not for the news lies and government you wouldn’t even know COVID exist
The difference between COVID and past pandemics like small pox is the people didnt need the media and democrat lies to know about the disease
They knew by the dead people all around

We all know a person who lost life to covid
However none of them were young or healthy
Give me a name of a famous otherwise healthy person who was not over weight that lost the fight to covid
Trump? Biden? Oh wait they are not even healthy
Trump is old and unhealthy
Biden isn’t even fit to wipe his own butt and belongs in a nursing home
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Why would think boat manufacturers and dealerships would lower there prices just because of the economy now. They'll sell them we have 3 dealerships 5 miles from my house there not having problem selling boats
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
monte300

Post by monte300 »

They will only lower new boat prices if we stop buying them supply and demand
JVGondal

Post by JVGondal »

I think The state of the current economy is driving up the cost to manufacture a boat along with everything else
In 2008 many companies closed shop
We might see the same soon
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Somebody always going to buy boats back during COVID and now. Are people going to quit buying new cars because gas prices are high that answer would be no.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

JVGondal wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:24 am
If it were not for the news lies and government you wouldn’t even know COVID exist
The difference between COVID and past pandemics like small pox is the people didnt need the media and democrat lies to know about the disease
They knew by the dead people all around

We all know a person who lost life to covid
However none of them were young or healthy
Give me a name of a famous otherwise healthy person who was not over weight that lost the fight to covid
Trump? Biden? Oh wait they are not even healthy
Trump is old and unhealthy
Biden isn’t even fit to wipe his own butt and belongs in a nursing home

Seems someone needs to go fishing more. Please stop drinking the orange and Q-coolaid. Life will be much better my friend. Not everything in the world is driven by politics.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

kayaks sales are good :lol:
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Popper wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:08 am
> Run-away Inflation
> Obscene food prices
> Opening the Southern borders to millions of illegal immigrants and sending them throughout the country.
> Destroy domestic energy production resulting in international trips begging for oil.
> $4,100,000,000,000 TRILLION in new spending on top of running $1,000,000,000,000 trillion annual deficits.
> Afghanistan debacle
> U.S President obvious incoherent speeches and thoughts on full public display.
> Run-away Inflation -- World wide pandemic
> Obscene food prices - World wide pandemic
> Obscene energy prices/fuel - World wide pandemic, greed, Russian war
> Opening the Southern borders to millions of illegal immigrants and sending them throughout the country. - Always been a border issue for the past 40 years... Recenct pandemic restrictions lifted. Currrent admin allowed a more humane asylum seeker program. This is part of our laws.
> Destroy domestic energy production resulting in international trips begging for oil. - has nothing to do with the current administration
> $4,100,000,000,000 TRILLION in new spending on top of running $1,000,000,000,000 trillion annual deficits. - Trump gave tax breaks to the rich..., only a 4 year break the rest of the US. Trump spent far more in deals and military spending. Oh yeah.. we had a world-wide pandemic.. sheeesh
> Afghanistan debacle - Trump put an unmanageable and unrealistic timeline. Deaths happened, but we are out. Trump could have moved us out but didn't.
> U.S President obvious incoherent speeches and thoughts on full public display. - Yum.. Biden is a old dude. but thats what the people elected.. They were tired of the orange bad man who stole classified documents and conspired an insurrection because of his frail ego and refusal to concede a fair election.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

And hopefully the orange guy will become president again in 2024
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

jiggin4bass wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:13 pm And hopefully the orange guy will become president again in 2024
WHY?! He has a laundry list of crimes that he is being indited. Why do you want a so called "law and order " guy who stole classified documents as president again. HE STOLE them. Anyone who has handled classified documents knows how serious the matter really is. Even if he didnt have 12 court cases that he was knee deep in, why would you want to elect that **** show clown? I know Joe is baddddd. Come'on man. :-)
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Nov 8th well make sure he gets back into office
Uncle Joe's done and so is knee caps Kamala Harris and the DOJ and FBI are finished and the IRS is laying off 87 thousand workers on Nov 9th Biden will lose his veto power on nov9th
Beware Russia China and Iran
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
JVGondal

Post by JVGondal »

Brian D. wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:18 pm
jiggin4bass wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:13 pm And hopefully the orange guy will become president again in 2024
WHY?! He has a laundry list of crimes that he is being indited. Why do you want a so called "law and order " guy who stole classified documents as president again. HE STOLE them. Anyone who has handled classified documents knows how serious the matter really is. Even if he didnt have 12 court cases that he was knee deep in, why would you want to elect that **** show clown? I know Joe is baddddd. Come'on man. :-)
Seems someone needs to go fishing more. Not everything is driven by politics until it’s about the orange man
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

It's Simple either you buy a new boat at current prices from the dealership or you don't there not going to drop there prices. I went to a car dealership yesterday looked at dodge trucks 5 of them price tags from $82,000 to $88,000.00 there in no hurry to cut prices. Because they know they will sell them.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Jboutfishn

Post by Jboutfishn »

"$82,000 to $88,000.00" :shock: Guess I will be driving my 2002 Duramax a bit longer although it does need new floor mats. :lol:
JVGondal

Post by JVGondal »

The solution is an electric truck :D
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

2023 Ford EV F150 Lightening MSRP $92,000.00 to $95,000 give you something too smile about :lol:
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
JVGondal

Post by JVGondal »

The Results: How Far Can A Ford F-150 Lightning Tow?
Before we answer the big question, let's set the baseline. While the EPA says the F-150 Lightning Platinum is good for 300 miles, that number is based on a mix of city and highway driving. With only a driver aboard and no trailer in tow, the Platinum achieved a MotorTrend Road-Trip Range of 255 miles.

We had been warned to expect the range to be cut in half when towing, but the effect of towing these travel trailers proved even more significant. With the smallest and lightest trailer, we measured a range of just 115 miles. That figure fell to 100 miles with the middleweight camper and sank to a mere 90 miles with the 7,218-pound Grand Design trailer.
Last edited by JVGondal on Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jboutfishn

Post by Jboutfishn »

JVGondal wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:43 pm The Results: How Far Can A Ford F-150 Lightning Tow?
Before we answer the big question, let's set the baseline. While the EPA says the F-150 Lightning Platinum is good for 300 miles, that number is based on a mix of city and highway driving. With only a driver aboard and no trailer in tow, the Platinum achieved a MotorTrend Road-Trip Range of 255 miles.

We had been warned to expect the range to be cut in half when towing, but the effect of towing these travel trailers proved even more significant. With the smallest and lightest trailer, we measured a range of just 115 miles. That figure fell to 100 miles with the middleweight camper and sank to a mere 90 miles with the 7,218-pound Grand Design trailer.

Wait you mean a 4 cylinder will tow my bass boat further?
And then add in air on a 100 degree day. Hey Gavin, Joe, how is this going to work out?
JVGondal

Post by JVGondal »

Try to get an electric truck towed
They weight about 10,000 pounds
Popper

Post by Popper »

Brian D. wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:02 pm
Popper wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:08 am

> Run-away Inflation
> Obscene food prices
> Afghanistan debacle
> Run-away Inflation -- World wide pandemic
> Obscene food prices - World wide pandemic
> Obscene energy prices/fuel - World wide pandemic, greed, Russian war
> Opening the Southern borders to millions of illegal immigrants and sending them throughout the country. - Always been a border issue for the past 40 years... Recenct pandemic restrictions lifted. Currrent admin allowed a more humane asylum seeker program. This is part of our laws.
> Destroy domestic energy production resulting in international trips begging for oil. - has nothing to do with the current administration
> $4,100,000,000,000 TRILLION in new spending on top of running $1,000,000,000,000 trillion annual deficits. - Trump gave tax breaks to the rich..., only a 4 year break the rest of the US. Trump spent far more in deals and military spending. Oh yeah.. we had a world-wide pandemic.. sheeesh
> Afghanistan debacle - Trump put an unmanageable and unrealistic timeline. Deaths happened, but we are out. Trump could have moved us out but didn't.
> U.S President obvious incoherent speeches and thoughts on full public display. - Yum.. Biden is a old dude. but thats what the people elected.. They were tired of the orange bad man who stole classified documents and conspired an insurrection because of his frail ego and refusal to concede a fair election.
Since when did the U.S measure the health of it's economy on the rest of the world?
Answer: Typical Democrat excuses..............
Guess we're starting to measure our economic conditions based on Ethiopia, Venezuela and every other 3rd world country too. :roll:

Iraq and Afghanistan wars didn't result in skyrocketing energy prices and run away inflation.
Another typical Democrat excuse for destroying energy production and igniting inflation.

Southern border illegal crossing were reduced drastically during Trump years.
Who open the flood gates of hell in 2020 by killing border enforcement laws and border wall construction?
Answer: Democrats

Trump administration approved spending $4,100,000,000,000 trillion in 18 months?
-B.S
Democrats were WARNED REPEATLY........................spending trillions would ignite INFLATION!

Stolen Classified documents?
If Trump stole classified documents why isn't he in Federal Prison?
-NSA doesn't need 19 months to react to "stolen" classified documents.

Unless you've hold a Top Level Security Clearance, (handle, create and transmit) these type of documents you're clueless on the protocols.
DOJ/FBI latest charade is another political facade as with Russian Collusion.
JVGondal

Post by JVGondal »

:D
Last edited by JVGondal on Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
JVGondal

Post by JVGondal »

:D
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Everything there doing to Trump will going away after tomorrow. Your next president going too be Donald Trump
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
ALESCAMILLA

Post by ALESCAMILLA »

Hope used boat prices come down too.. enough of people asking for new boat prices on 20 year old boats!
JVGondal

Post by JVGondal »

jiggin4bass wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:15 pm Everything there doing to Trump will going away after tomorrow. Your next president going too be Donald Trump
You really think so or just making a funny?
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Let me ask everybody In here democrat or Republican were you better off two years ago or better off with what's going currently.
Yes Trump will clean this mess up again. It will
Start tomorrow.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Jeff C.

Post by Jeff C. »

jiggin4bass wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:20 pm Let me ask everybody In here democrat or Republican were you better off two years ago or better off with what's going currently.
Start tomorrow.
Well Jiggin it's tomorrow and Trumps hiding in Mara-Largo licking his wounds. Looks like the majority of voters don't take kindly to treason and insurrection.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

It's not going slow him down the house will make sure of that doesn't matter what the senate does. Biden done and he know it.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
RMANZO

Post by RMANZO »

Jeff C. wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:52 am
jiggin4bass wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:20 pm Let me ask everybody In here democrat or Republican were you better off two years ago or better off with what's going currently.
Start tomorrow.
Well Jiggin it's tomorrow and Trumps hiding in Mara-Largo licking his wounds. Looks like the majority of voters don't take kindly to treason and insurrection.
TREASON AND INSURRECTION??? U R A FUNNY
“BOOK IT”
offthehookbassadventures.com
Facebook OFF THE HOOK BASS ADVENTURES
Instagram Robert Mansor
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I'm still waiting for the big and beautiful health plan that tRump promised nearly every two months which was suppose to be easy and so great. you know... the plan.. the big powerful plan, the plan that is so cheap. If he delivers on that one, nearly bi-monthly promise, then I will vote for him.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

RMANZO wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:12 pm
Jeff C. wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:52 am
Start tomorrow.
TREASON AND INSURRECTION??? U R A FUNNY
Yup... Treason with the stolen documents and inciting an insurrection.... oh yeah. cheating the state and fed for two sets of books. Just like a mobster.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Well with sleepy Joe in office North Korea Russia China Iran all my take care of all your problems soon.
If we're still here I'm voting for Trump in 2024
And if he become president again.
He'll make them a deal they can't refuse.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
bass king

Post by bass king »

Jiggin, how can anyone take anything you say seriously when you can't form a complete sentence? Learn how to use "to," too," and "two" correctly and maybe folks will pay attention to you. All this dribble is painstakingly hard to read. English lessons for puffball jigs? What do you say?
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

What every works :lol:
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley