Runners for trailer

Jrs461

Runners for trailer

Post by Jrs461 »

Anyone know of a good place to get runners to put on the boat trailer. Any suggestion would be great. Thanks John
monte300

Re: Runners for trailer

Post by monte300 »

Jrs461 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:21 pm Anyone know of a good place to get runners to put on the boat trailer. Any suggestion would be great. Thanks John
Do you need new runners or just carpet on them? Fernando at Whiskey Slough replaced my runners and carpeted them. He did a really nice job at a reasonable price.
BASNFAN

Post by BASNFAN »

The last time I needed new runners on my boat, I bought pressure treated 2X6's and then covered them with my old carpet which was still usable. That was about 4 years ago and they are still fine. I used a hydraulic jack to lift the boat so I could take the old ones out and put in the new ones. I am not a real handy guy but it went really well.
Fish bite twice a day - half hour before I get there and half hour after I leave.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Besides wood and carpet new nuts and bolts are probably needed
Jrs461

Post by Jrs461 »

Thanks for all the input. Very appreciated
JeremyBMR

Post by JeremyBMR »

I just redid my bunks myself. Not bad if you have the tools.

I have a pair of 9” bunks ready to be installed and two lengths of carpet if you are willing to do it yourself. Well part ways for cheap.
D1NONLY

Post by D1NONLY »

monte300 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:12 pm
Jrs461 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:21 pm Anyone know of a good place to get runners to put on the boat trailer. Any suggestion would be great. Thanks John
Do you need new runners or just carpet on them? Fernando at Whiskey Slough replaced my runners and carpeted them. He did a really nice job at a reasonable price.
Do you have Fernando contact number? Looking to get my trailer done. You can PM
D1NONLY

Post by D1NONLY »

JeremyBMR wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:09 pm I just redid my bunks myself. Not bad if you have the tools.

I have a pair of 9” bunks ready to be installed and two lengths of carpet if you are willing to do it yourself. Well part ways for cheap.
What are you asking for the parts? What color carpet?
JeremyBMR

Post by JeremyBMR »

D1NONLY wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:30 pm
JeremyBMR wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:09 pm I just redid my bunks myself. Not bad if you have the tools.

What are you asking for the parts? What color carpet?
PM Sent
BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER

Post by BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER »

Pretty easy DIY job and I'm not very handy. I used pressure treated 2x6's and most boat stores like C&C, Boatmasters, or BPS carry rolls of bunk carpet in either charcoal or black. I cut and carpeted the bunks at home with some SS heavy duty staples and glue (3M 90 contact cement spray works well,, there's no wiggle room for error but its easy to just lay them flat on the floor). My Ranger Trail uses tilting brackets on the posts and a few were rusted out so I replaced them all. I just launched the boat and removed the old boards and installed the new ones in the parking lot using all new SS bolts and screws....probably only took and hour or two by myself to install

The side wheel well boards were a little more time consuming and my buddy helped with those... they had to be cut just right and then formed.... I soaked the marine ply, clamped them in place, and let them dry for several days to get the bend just right... I made the mistake of buying marine ply that was a tad thicker and less flexible than original. Big B Lumber in Oakley keeps marine ply in stock. Also needed two yards of carpet too, Dom's in Livermore sells marine carpet.... needed a second set of hands to get all the rivets and washers in the hard to reach places

Been about 5 years now, still good with LOT'S of use
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:07 pm Pretty easy DIY job and I'm not very handy. I used pressure treated 2x6's and most boat stores like C&C, Boatmasters, or BPS carry rolls of bunk carpet in either charcoal or black. I cut and carpeted the bunks at home with some SS heavy duty staples and glue (3M 90 contact cement spray works well,, there's no wiggle room for error but its easy to just lay them flat on the floor). My Ranger Trail uses tilting brackets on the posts and a few were rusted out so I replaced them all. I just launched the boat and removed the old boards and installed the new ones in the parking lot using all new SS bolts and screws....probably only took and hour or two by myself to install

Been about 5 years now, still good with LOT'S of use
I've done it on my old boat and my buddies, like BDBR said install the carpet at home and hvae the board ready. New SS hardware ready to go and I might add it gives you the chance to replace the shackles and springs on your trailer as you have everything out of the way - just a thought.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/