Bryce Gibbs Wins Day 2 KBF on Lake Havasu

basstrophy

Bryce Gibbs Wins Day 2 KBF on Lake Havasu

Post by basstrophy »

20230326_130356.jpg
https://www.fishermanswarehouse.com/

Bryce Gibbs won the KBF Havasu day 2 with 94.25”. He found fish in a number of areas. These areas contained tulles, rock and points. He focused on the largemouth first and then in the afternoon smallmouth.

“The fish were on beds all over the place.”

Five minutes in, Gibbs started off with a 21.50 largemouth on a flick shake rigged Senko in green pumpkin, she weighed around 6 pounds. Then not soon after, he caught a 21” smallmouth on the same rig close to 5 pounds. He found the fish deep and hard to see so he made blind casts at those bedding fish.

“I would see a dark spot and cast to it.”

Gibbs concentrated on clear water because he couldn’t get bitten in the dirty water. Depending on the location of the fish he would use a heavy rod with a jig in the tulles or in heavy cover, spinning rod in open water. He had several rods all rigged with lures for bed fishing.

“I let the Senko sit a long time before that 21” smallmouth bit.”

“It was a cruiser running the bank.”

Other anglers saw Gibbs standing on his Hobie chair while his Motor Guide trolling motor was on high.

“I almost fell into the water several times during the day, but my hips can dance.”

Gibbs thanked his sponsors Hobie Fishing, Duckett Fishing, Wicked Weights and Phoenix Fishing Supplies.

“I would also like to thank my Fiancé Cherise for the continuous support and help getting ready for these events. As well as taking care of the kids while I continue to chase my dream. I was so happy the whole family was able to come out to this one. It made the win that much more special.”

Jon Demonet placed in second with 94.00” just one quarter of an inch behind Gibbs. I was not able to contact Jon Demonet for an interview.

Jeff Bias placed third with 93.00”. I was not able to contact Jeff Bias for an interview.

Top Ten:

1. Bryce Gibbs 94.25”

2. Jon Demonet 94.00”

3. Jeff Bias 93.00”

4. Anthony Garcia 92.25”

5. Rachel Uribe 92.25”

6. John Toscano 91.25”

7. Dalon Harnden II 89.75”

8. Andrew Martin 88.25”

9. Bradley Kuhin 86.75”

10. Chris Spencer 86.75”