Active Target/No source?????

Moderator: Ken Sauret

Fast Eddie

Active Target/No source?????

Post by Fast Eddie »

So as the saying goes, "thinks happen in 3's". Yesterday whike fishing the delta , the active target is working fine one minute. I take my eyes off it for a second and when I look back it says "No Source". Checked cables and they're secure. Any ideas?
TL
FE
basscatdave

Re: Active Target/No source?????

Post by basscatdave »

The unit will show this when the processor box doesn't have any power. Check any fuses or the main power source to the processor. The processor has a green light on it to show if it has power. If the green light is not on then you don't have power to the processor and your display will say "No Source".

Good luck with it.
Charles

Post by Charles »

the reason is unexplained. mine did the exact same thing. it would work for hours and then, no source. i had to power off the black box and then it worked fine. i researched it and couldn't find a solution.
M A J

Post by M A J »

It could be the Ethernet cable.
BIG SACK
TailwheelFlyer

Post by TailwheelFlyer »

What do you have connected to the AT yellow Wake Up wire?
TailwheelFlyer

Post by TailwheelFlyer »

Did the AT2 fail permanently or did it come back in a minute or so? It is known for going away occasionally then coming back even with no action taken. If that’s the case make sure you have latest firmware version.

If it gives the error permanently after having worked before, check cable and wire connections and go through your settings and everything to make sure that they’re correct. Also, if you connected the yellow wire through a switch make sure the switch didn’t get turned off.

Hope this helps.
christopherstellar

Post by christopherstellar »

Hey Guys, I wanted to kick up this thread back up to the top as I've been having issue's with my Active Target Unit saying "No Source" throughout the day. Power is good, it just seems to be a bug with the updated 23.3 software? Any guidance before I call Lowrance Customer Service? I tried a hard reset on the Live Unit but I'm still having issues.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

christopherstellar wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:01 pm Hey Guys, I wanted to kick up this thread back up to the top as I've been having issue's with my Active Target Unit saying "No Source" throughout the day. Power is good, it just seems to be a bug with the updated 23.3 software? Any guidance before I call Lowrance Customer Service? I tried a hard reset on the Live Unit but I'm still having issues.
The sooner you call Lowrance, the sooner you'll get the best answer.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Marc

Post by Marc »

christopherstellar wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:01 pm Hey Guys, I wanted to kick up this thread back up to the top as I've been having issue's with my Active Target Unit saying "No Source" throughout the day. Power is good, it just seems to be a bug with the updated 23.3 software? Any guidance before I call Lowrance Customer Service? I tried a hard reset on the Live Unit but I'm still having issues.
These issues can be fixed by restoring defaults from the HDS or Elite FS display.
1. Make sure all ActiveTarget 2 networked displays and ActiveTarget 2 systems are powered on.
2. Press Pages> Settings> System> Restore Defaults> un-check Local Settings and make sure only Global Settings is check marked and press OK.
3. Repeat Step 2 on all networked displays.
4. If you have had another ActiveTarget system connected to your display then wait at least two minutes and the networked ActiveTarget 2 system(s) should now be listed as a Source under the "More Options" tab under the ActiveTarget menu bar.

Also there is a new update as of today for Active Target 1, Active Target 2, Carbons, LIVES, and Pro units you can download from Lowrance.com.
www.RangerBoats.com
www.Evinrude.com
www.QuickDropsWeights.com
www.Yamamoto.Baits.com
www.Lamiglas.com
www.Gamakatsu.com
www.LuckyCraft.com
www.Lowrance.com
www.TransducerShieldandSaver.com
christopherstellar

Post by christopherstellar »

I called and Emailed Lowrance, here's the answer I got. I also went on and updated AT 1 with the new software update released November 11th:

Thank you for contacting us.

I'm sorry to hear about thet issue you encountered after performing the software update on your Active Target. To proceed with troubleshooting, please follow these steps:

1. Check the LED indicators on the device. Blinking LEDs can help identify if the Active Target is functioning properly. Please refer to the picture below for guidance.

2. Try resetting the wizard configuration of your Active Target. To do this, go to the settings menu, then select "Sonar," followed by "Installation," and then "Active Target." Choose "Reset Wizard Configuration."

3. Once you have reset the wizard configuration, go back to the Active Target page and check if there are any changes.

4. Please check if the installation of the Active Target is correct or if any changes were made prior to the software update. Send me a picture of your Active Target installation and transducer with different orientations, such as forward, scout, or mode.

5. Try using the Active Target in different orientations and see if the issue persists.

6. Perform the "Restore Default" function four times and check if there are any changes.

7. If the issue persists, try using a different Ethernet cable if you have a spare one available.

8. If the problem continues, try isolating it by using another Active Target on your unit. Check if there are any changes or improvements. Alternatively, you can try using your Active Target on a different unit to determine if the issue lies with the unit or the Active Target itself.

[/i][/i]
Louis Arnone

Post by Louis Arnone »

I had the same issue just updated with a software update I believe it is 23.3-67.3.32. this number is the same for at and my HDS live. Now issue is resolved with better clarity on AT
Marc

Post by Marc »

Last week a new patch version of update number 23.3 came out for both AT1 and AT2, and for your MFD (Pro/LIVE/Carbon/Elite FS).

Here is my new YouTube video showing how to update your single and dual AT1 or 2 units:
https://youtu.be/pvWpSb23IMs?si=kebdRaL9MKHAJ2ES

And here is how to install 23.3 on your MFD:
https://youtu.be/gwEn3fXTFaY
www.RangerBoats.com
www.Evinrude.com
www.QuickDropsWeights.com
www.Yamamoto.Baits.com
www.Lamiglas.com
www.Gamakatsu.com
www.LuckyCraft.com
www.Lowrance.com
www.TransducerShieldandSaver.com