WTB - Champion Boat - CASH on Hand!

LoPro

WTB - Champion Boat - CASH on Hand!

Post by LoPro »

Want to Buy - Champion Boat!

Looking for a very clean and cared for Champion and outboard (Mercury or Yamaha) CASH immediately available ...so no excuses about working through financing.

Ideally in the 19ft and larger class. Preferably would like a dual console but that’s not a deal breaker.

Must be in great shape, not looking a project!

Models I am most interested in are 198, 202, 203, 206, 210, 221, 223 - other models are also of interest so please let me know what you have.

Located in SoCal but willing to drive and pickup the right boat from a good distance if it’s the one!

You can message me here - or email me at rssfeedacct AT hotmail
LoPro

Re: WTB - Champion Boat - CASH on Hand!

Post by LoPro »

Bump- You know someone... let me know, I’ll be sure to get you a finders fee for your efforts
Gonefishing916

Post by Gonefishing916 »

There's two 188 champion on here. One in Fresno and one in Utah. One has mercury and one has Yamaha. Both with fiberglass 2004 I believe.
LoPro

Post by LoPro »

I’m trying to accommodate a family boating as well as bass fishing so larger is better for me, not excited for an 18’ but it’s certainly not out of the question! Thanks for sharing :-) much appreciated
Nixons Marine

Post by Nixons Marine »

"Bump The Trim or Take A Swim"
dvkawboy

Post by dvkawboy »

That Nixon marine boat isn’t actually a 184 it’s a 186 . If your looking for a good champion stay 2004 and up . Anything older will have wood transom and wood stringers , this can cause major problems if the boat wasn’t cared for . I have had a 188 and now own a 198 . The size is bigger but you won’t be fitting a family on either . Both boats are 3 seaters at max and don’t like more than 2 people on board at a time . I have also owned a 184 which was an extremely fun boat to drive but only liked to fish 1 person at a time . Very tippy when someone switches sides . The 206 was a good boat , no more storage than a 198 , longer and slower . The 210 is an aircraft carrier but has digital switching so at some point you’ll have to rewire the entire boat . Also most champions that had composite hills came with box trailers, they are strong when new but all will develop rust over time . I have a lot of knowledge of champion boats due to having had a bunch of them and them being my favorite. Thought I’d share some knowledge. They are great boats but due to their age and the path the company took in the later years in order to get a good boat expect to have to do some work . I have gone through it all with champion boats , gel coat repairs to get rid of spider cracking , had a custom trailer built and also rewired one . In my opinion the 210 is a great boat but unless you have time to strip the wiring and completely redo it look for a 206 or 198 . The wide body champs fish stable and don’t tip much when others are on board . I also would count out a clean 188 with a 200 , it’s fun to drive , fast and responsive . Good luck on your hunt
LoPro

Post by LoPro »

Thank you for everyone and the information - I am very grateful for all who are continuing, and have been helping me to locate the right boat!
Arlandoabella

Post by Arlandoabella »

Call Terry Rock (916) 417-1352 It a Champion 221 with a 250 Pro Xs 2 stroke.
champion.JPEG
champion.JPEG
LoPro

Post by LoPro »

Seen this 221 already! Thank you for sending that along
LoPro

Post by LoPro »

The right boat still hasnt shown itself but you guys are really awesome with suggestions and links.

Thank you so much for the continued assistance. I’m super grateful am and plan to get the person who finds the right one a finders fee present!
Tony Bass

Post by Tony Bass »

Greetings from La Crescenta,Ca. You might want to also consider the Stratos boats also made the Elite series. I believe they kept the Champion line going but only the Elite series. 198, 202, 210. Maybe others too. When I was hunting for my 210 I considered this. I was blessed finally located a 210 in Illinois. I did see a 202 Elite Stratos in Bass Boat Central today for sale. Check it out. Do I still get a finders fee? Lol Cheers Tony
Tony Bass

Post by Tony Bass »

Here’s my mighty 210!
Here’s my mighty 210!
Attachments
A376EFD5-7908-4A5E-B30D-91CC38CEF42E.jpeg
Tony Bass

Post by Tony Bass »

If you’re seriously jonesing for the 210 ……, Charger boats is continuing the Elite series. Also consider the Charger 210 Elite used in BBC ads. Tony
LoPro

Post by LoPro »

Thanks for the advise - I will dig into it more. Boat looks nice except for the Evinrude hanging off the back lol.

Hopefully that doesn’t offend anyone but with Evinrude not being made anymore I don’t want to run into service and maintenance worries later.

If your locating skills help me find a boat to buy - absolutely a finders fee is in order !!
LoPro

Post by LoPro »

Cool boat says it’s pending though.
ahein

Post by ahein »

I saw a 2008 Champion198 with a Mercury Pro XS (943hrs) for sale. 28k I believe. Very clean boat! Believe Ryan Cook is selling it for a friend. Boat is in Atwater Ca.
LoPro

Post by LoPro »

ahein wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 5:37 pm I saw a 2008 Champion198 with a Mercury Pro XS (943hrs) for sale. 28k I believe. Very clean boat! Believe Ryan Cook is selling it for a friend. Boat is in Atwater Ca.
Thank you, Ive talked with them. Seems like a nice boat with a lot of hours. The price I feel like could be high in relation to that. We haven’t come together on a price.
RMANZO

Post by RMANZO »

LoPro wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:19 am
ahein wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 5:37 pm I saw a 2008 Champion198 with a Mercury Pro XS (943hrs) for sale. 28k I believe. Very clean boat! Believe Ryan Cook is selling it for a friend. Boat is in Atwater Ca.
Thank you, Ive talked with them. Seems like a nice boat with a lot of hours. The price I feel like could be high in relation to that. We haven’t come together on a price.
My buddy bought that boat. Really clean loaded w/all the right stuff. Actually not a bad price if you look what Champs are selling for.
“BOOK IT”
offthehookbassadventures.com
Facebook OFF THE HOOK BASS ADVENTURES
Instagram Robert Mansor
LoPro

Post by LoPro »

RMANZO wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:08 am
LoPro wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:19 am
My buddy bought that boat. Really clean loaded w/all the right stuff. Actually not a bad price if you look what Champs are selling for.
Very cool! Glad he was able to sell the boat to a new home! The seller seemed like a great man, and well cared for from what I could tell. Price wasn’t bad, just wasn’t good either.
LoPro

Post by LoPro »

Still haven’t found the right boat. Anyone seen anything nice lately?