WWBT Announcement

WB Staff

WWBT Announcement

Post by WB Staff »

update3-970x546.jpg
I would like to take this opportunity to inform everyone about the current situation regarding the Wild West Bass Trail.
First and foremost, I want to disclose that the Wild West Bass Trail is for sale and I am optimistic about the progress made thus far in the sale process and anticipate a timely resolution.
Secondly, I want to assure you that it is my intention to compensate every angler who is owed money once the sale of the Wild West Bass Trail is successfully completed.
I sincerely apologize for the burden and additional stress this situation has imposed on you, your families, and the entire industry. I am fully committed to ensuring that every angler is fully paid and made whole.
Although my own efforts fell short, I hope that the new ownership will carry forward the foundation established by the Wild West Bass Trail and continue to promote competitive bass fishing in our region. I will provide further updates as they become available in the near future.
Thank you for your time and patience
Jeremy DeHart
deltabass

Re: WWBT Announcement

Post by deltabass »

Anyone that was owed money been paid yet?
Bruce Theriot

Post by Bruce Theriot »

I found it interesting, that they couldn't payout any money while in escrow however could put on tournaments and take in entry fees; over $21,000 at Pedro. Just sayin
pizzabob

Post by pizzabob »

To Jeremy DeHart we’re waiting for an ANNOUNCEMENT update
RMANZO

Post by RMANZO »

“GOOD LUCK”
“BOOK IT”
offthehookbassadventures.com
Facebook OFF THE HOOK BASS ADVENTURES
Instagram Robert Mansor
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

sad that the web site is gone...lots of good photos, events, history..ect..... this whole thing is such a bad deal for us fishermen out west !!... I don't like the sound of the bankruptcy part...

WWB was so close to making something for the anglers on the west cost... like Ken said we will never have something out here fishing for 80% pay back of "OUR" own money .... these orgs have to get paybacks a lot better if we are to grow.. been the norm for a long long time... it's got to change at some point.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

From Mark Lassagne
Not official yet because there are so many things to plan out and I don't have all the answers yet. The facts, I have purchased the tournament equipment and I'm planning to run Kayak, a Pro Tour and Pro Am events on the west coast starting in 2024. The transaction was completed through an attorney which is the correct way. I can say the news has traveled like wildfire at the ICAST show where everyone has been super positive and supportive. My goal is to put on great events backed by a national magazine, I know a guy 🙂
Draft logo attached
Much to do in the next six months, feel free to comment and I'll reply as soon as I can.
Attachments
360089433_821219056241168_1459163143873354245_n.jpg
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

WB Staff wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:57 pm From Mark Lassagne
Not official yet because there are so many things to plan out and I don't have all the answers yet. The facts, I have purchased the tournament equipment and I'm planning to run Kayak, a Pro Tour and Pro Am events on the west coast starting in 2024. The transaction was completed through an attorney which is the correct way. I can say the news has traveled like wildfire at the ICAST show where everyone has been super positive and supportive. My goal is to put on great events backed by a national magazine, I know a guy 🙂
Draft logo attached
Much to do in the next six months, feel free to comment and I'll reply as soon as I can.
BAM !!!! how cool is that... Mark will get it done if this all happens !!!!
Phoenix1

Post by Phoenix1 »

To me this is great news, I've known Mark for over 30 years he's a good honest hard working guy. That being said there's a lot of work to do, and I'm sure Mark will get the job done. I look forward to fishing these events in 2024!!!
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

BAM Tournament survey - have a voice in the future.

BAM Tournament Survey. Please take the survey it only takes about two minutes

https://us11.list-manage.com/survey?u=2 ... f94bf1430a
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

Good news ! Mark will do an awesome job !
grog83

Post by grog83 »

Is there going to be a Teams Tournament Series?
Mark Lassagne

Post by Mark Lassagne »

Thanks and appreciate the kind comments! No team events just yet, I want to get the process down then we'll see if teams are a good fit.
http://www.bassanglermag.com
Best contact is mark@bassmag.com
buckshot1295

Post by buckshot1295 »

WWBT was a sanctioned event for a lot of the tournament rewards for various boat manufacturers. Will the new series be recognized as well or will we be limited to Newjen and Best Bass? Running out of options out here. Also don’t know why Basscat doesn’t sanction any of our events out here but everyone praises them. Where’s BCB’s support to the western bass angler?!
Mark Lassagne

Post by Mark Lassagne »

There are many things in the works where we will reach out to all the boat, engine, power pole and other manufactures to insure we are recognized as a contingent partner soon.
buckshot1295

Post by buckshot1295 »

Right on Mark! I’m glad you picked this up and look forward to the future!
tfranceschi

Post by tfranceschi »

buckshot1295 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:37 pm WWBT was a sanctioned event for a lot of the tournament rewards for various boat manufacturers. Will the new series be recognized as well or will we be limited to Newjen and Best Bass? Running out of options out here. Also don’t know why Basscat doesn’t sanction any of our events out here but everyone praises them. Where’s BCB’s support to the western bass angler?!
So what organizations would you like to see Bass Cat sanction? WWBT was sanctioned and currently WON Bass, Best Bass Tournaments, MLF and ABA are all sanctioned. You can find all the information on the Bass Cat website under "QUEST TOURNAMENT REWARDS".
Tony Franceschi
Mark Lassagne

Post by Mark Lassagne »

Thanks buckshot
Bayarea-bassin

Post by Bayarea-bassin »

Right on Mark, keep the west coast alive. Looking forward to fishing on the am side.

Side note - the logo is awesome, but the fish needs a makeover. Just being honest.

Looking forward to what is to come!!
Rick Pierce

Post by Rick Pierce »

There are several trails out west we sanction, and the MLF Toyota, BBT, WON Bass and ABA are all sanctioned, as are others in the NW and New Mexico/Colorado. We will certainly support Marks efforts out west through a sanction, if not other as well.

Each angler can set the circuits they intend to fish in our Quest incentive program. Dealers also can establish events or up to 3 circuits in their regions. Plus each dealer can assign a major event series as a *Marquis Tier 1 event series. There are some stipulations in Tier 1 as *Marquis events.

Bass Cat has provided more support, than any other boat company has, the last several years of events out west. This was part of a six year program to build fishing in the west and we’ve well documented the initiative.

Significant growth has happened up until Q1 of 2023, then the western economic situation seemed to alter that growth. We will have Q2 soon, and evaluate the boat market, and we will seek data through our bait or tackle relationships to validate the position of hard tackle sales. At this time it seems the position out west is very similar to 2018 and 2019 preCoVid.

While we met our obligations, in regard to the recent situation out west, we definitely got stung as did others by those developments. The situation we faced will slow further involvement and it definitely slowed the momentum that was in play pre-2023. The sponsorship and tournament landscape is ever changing in the recent decade.

Rick

buckshot1295 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:37 pm Also don’t know why Basscat doesn’t sanction any of our events out here but everyone praises them. Where’s BCB’s support to the western bass angler?!
Jpad22

Post by Jpad22 »

As a basscat owner that currently fishes newjen, I would like to see this circuit added onto the Quest program!