Shimano Reel Service Experience

MaximumBassin33

Shimano Reel Service Experience

Post by MaximumBassin33 »

I was thinking about sending my reels to Shimano and I’m curious what experiences y’all have had. Should I reconsider and go to a guy? I would do it myself but I’m not comfortable trying to work on three of my reels which are $450 plus.
mahoney

Re: Shimano Reel Service Experience

Post by mahoney »

Pm sent
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Reach out to RealX Dan has a long standing reputation on repairing and upgrading Shimano reels.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
The Reel Dr

Post by The Reel Dr »

MaximumBassin33 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:56 am I was thinking about sending my reels to Shimano and I’m curious what experiences y’all have had. Should I reconsider and go to a guy? I would do it myself but I’m not comfortable trying to work on three of my reels which are $450 plus.
I can take care of any/all your fishing reel cleaning/repair needs

https://thereeldr.com/
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

Reelex ! he’s good !
MaximumBassin33

Post by MaximumBassin33 »

ash wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:05 am Reach out to RealX Dan has a long standing reputation on repairing and upgrading Shimano reels.
Isn’t he stopping though soon?
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Yes I am but you can call me at 650-454-4938 or us Shimano for those babies. Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
jerrysfishing

Post by jerrysfishing »

The Reel Dr did a great job on my MGL.
Backlash Black Belt

Post by Backlash Black Belt »

I have had great warranty service from Shimano. but for regular maintenance, I use others.

I've used REEX-X but he told me he was retiring, so I figured I may as well find another dude. I went with DVT. what I got back was magic. I wanted to run inside the house to toast some bread, because what I had in my hands was BUTTER. I had sent him one Shimano MGL150 and a Daiwa SV TW.

he had to replace a worn bearing (on the Daiwa) and he included the old one in the box coming home as proof. price was super reasonable, and I expect to send him a few more this winter.
JL

Post by JL »

Backlash Black Belt wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:30 am I have had great warranty service from Shimano. but for regular maintenance, I use others.

I've used REEX-X but he told me he was retiring, so I figured I may as well find another dude. I went with DVT. what I got back was magic. I wanted to run inside the house to toast some bread, because what I had in my hands was BUTTER. I had sent him one Shimano MGL150 and a Daiwa SV TW.

he had to replace a worn bearing (on the Daiwa) and he included the old one in the box coming home as proof. price was super reasonable, and I expect to send him a few more this winter.
Who is DVT??????
clum553946

Post by clum553946 »

I think Delaware Valley Tackle, fwiw, I’ve always been a fan of Dan Isaac. If you can get him to do your reels you won’t be disappointed!