Eastman Lake boating

Jrs461

Eastman Lake boating

Post by Jrs461 »

Eastman Lake is a fantastic fishery. Getting a lot of traffic this time of year. It’s my local Lake I have been fishing it for 30 years. Started with a small aluminum boat upgraded gradually to where I’m now in a newer ranger. Love to be able to fish the back shallows,
and in the no wake zones Out of traffic. For the small boaters their families and kayakers. It’s a safe Haven. We need to slow it down In the no wake zone. No Wake means No Wake
Give them a break. Thanks.
jiggin4bass

Re: Eastman Lake boating

Post by jiggin4bass »

Lack of patrolling the lake by park rangers and not enforcing that speed limit in the no wake zone it has always been a problem the lake was filled in 1975 the only change was ever made was they introduce FSB in 1980 and some of it work the was closed for Hydrilla for a few years. But the lake full or empty fishes good year around. Ive been fishing both Eastman and Hensley for better than 30 years
Minis the years eastman was closed. There are still big fish in both lake. I believe the lake record still stands 16lb 9oz.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Jace D

Post by Jace D »

People should of course always be safe whenever operating their boat anywhere. However, the reason that the No wake zone is often ignored at Eastman is because it almost literally covers half the lake and in areas where it’s absolutely not necessary. It was originally put there for “the eagles” and was off limits for large portions of the year. Now that people know that was complete nonsense they’ve allowed for boating year round but they left the bouys. I totally agree that everyone should go slow and avoid making large wakes in the far north end where things get narrow and boats tend to be close together. But the area that the bouys cover now is way overkill and should be changed.
Bigdirty

Post by Bigdirty »

Sad that the lake has been so crowded since Dec.. Blame it on loose lips and all the big girls caught . Everyone wants to post videos on you tube or Facebook..
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

8 bass over 10lbs since nov 2023 to feb 24th 2024. I've seen all 8 in pictures.
It simple if you take a picture or three of your big trophy catch dont post your pics ever to your friends or on any web site dont go to your local tackle shop and post your pics.You tube is always going to be there fisherman can't resist putting there big catches in a video from Eastman or any other lake. Traffic will shift from Eastman to Don Pedro it always does every year in march and april.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley