My Fishing Report Lake Pardee February 2024

StanL

My Fishing Report Lake Pardee February 2024

Post by StanL »

fishing report Lake Pardee.jpg
I had a chance to get out with some good friends Earl Dalton, Derik Dalton, and Chris Gambal.

We fished at Lake Pardee. This lake is a cool place because it’s full of big smallmouth and it also has some giant largmouths. This lake closes in the fall for several months out of the year. So when it opens we always try to plan a trip.

When we put the boat in, the surface temperature was a little over 50° and if you’ve ever been to this lake you know it is super clear!! Which means I would usually start looking deeper on points and breaks.

But this lake always amazes me me how shallow they will get. My buddy Earl started off throwing a Rodstrainer
spinnerbait and caught the biggest fish of the day but after the sun got high we started poking around and figured out that we had to play the shade game. What that means is you go around and fish every little bit of shade that hits the water. It could be from the banks or it could be from laydown trees in the water or just anything that makes a little bit of shade can hold a fish.

The baits that worked for us were an ED’s Lead Ned Rig, a spinnerbait and a half-ounce Bass Union jig.
I hope this helps. Good luck fishing luck fishing.
Stan Lafever
Attachments
IMG_6167 (1).jpg
marinerfandave

Re: My Fishing Report Lake Pardee February 2024

Post by marinerfandave »

Good job Stan and nice report, looks like you had a fun day out there :D :D