South delta

Ktarvin

South delta

Post by Ktarvin »

Recently moved to the Tracy area. Never fished this far south in the delta. Boat ramp is 10 minutes away. Tracy oasis ramp. Was wondering how the fishing is down this far. I’ve fished around franks and that area. But never this far down. Not looking for yer secret spots. Just a direction to head. East west. Or any info would help. I Mainly fish for bass and stripers
ash
SpeedBump

Re: South delta

Post by ash »

This time of year the "dead end sloughs" down south are typically the first to warm up - Italian Slough as an example. Typically you find more color down south, along with fish holding tighter to cover depending on the current. I havent been much past Tracy - so I am not a deep south guy like some.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
WRB

Post by WRB »

San Joaquin River drainage is south I believe you are asking what is east? The San Joaquin sloughs are you best bet for LMB, Stripers can be are everywhere close too the Sacramento River drainage areas.
Tom
BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER

Post by BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER »

South Delta can be excellent especially at certain times of the year. Be careful when exploring though, because there’s some sandbars and submerged logs that you will definitely hit if you don’t know where they are. I’ve hit the sandbar at four corners a number of times over the years . If you have a friend who is familiar with the area, I would definitely recommend going with them a few timed before you damage your lower unit.
IMG_0962.jpeg
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Victoria Canal was one of my all time favorites until they sprayed for weeds and destroyed it. Last fall they sprayed the weeds on Empire Cut and destroyed it too. See a trend here? :evil:
Ktarvin

Post by Ktarvin »

Thanks for all the info. It really helps. Thanks for the heads up at four corners. I don’t know anyone down here to show me around. So u guys are helping a lot. The ramp I’m putting in at is in the Fabian and bell canal. So I’m just wanting to know with way to turn. Or not turn. I’m new to this far south in the delta. And pretty much new to the delta. Haven’t fished it more than about 20 times. And it was way north. So anymore info would help. Not looking for yer secret spots at all. Just new and wanting anything yall are will to share
Thanks.
floater

Post by floater »

I sent you a PM for more information.
Phishphinder

Post by Phishphinder »

Be careful with the sandbars once you get past salmon slough. I made the mistake of picking the wrong side and got the champion stuck during an out going. By the time the tide dropped it looked like I hit an evil knevil jump and landed in the middle of this 50’ round island. 8 hours stuck on a sand bar, watching the tide slowly creep out and come back in. It was like watching paint dry. Once you figure out the navigation part there are some solid areas to hit. Sugar cut can be a good area
Phishphinder

Post by Phishphinder »

Giligans south delta island
Attachments
IMG_0156.jpeg
Derrick

Re: South delta - help

Post by Derrick »

I know the area well. I can help you out.
Derrick
Send me a DM