Flat cut living rubber for jigs

BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER

Flat cut living rubber for jigs

Post by BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER »

Has anyone tried Andy's Old School Flat Rubber for tying jigs and if so, is it as good as the old original stuff?

https://andyscustombasslures.com/produc ... ingrubber/
jiggin4bass

Re: Flat cut living rubber for jigs

Post by jiggin4bass »

NO I tied with the original living rubber and the old school rubber is not even close to the original and ive been tying a very long time.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER

better to stick with fine and medium round rubber??
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Yes best place to get fine reg and heavy grade round rubber
livingrubber.com
541-471-1248
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Im using regular and fine grade mixed and adding silicone or flashabou or bucktail as
accents for some wintertime fishing coming up in late Dec. and Jan. and Feb. working in 30 to 50 feet of water. I do really well on 3 of are lakes here in the central valley.
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
JVGondal

Post by JVGondal »

I disagree
I use Andy’s flat and notice little to no difference from the old rubber from the early 90s
Spend a few bucks and sample it
Or PM me and I will send you a couple flipping jigs I built
Free
I catch em on the delta with them all the time
BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER

Good info, thanks

I just tied up bunch of jigs getting ready for winter.... then saw Andy's online and was thinking about giving it a try
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

When i first started tying jigs i mistakenly got the Flat rubber from Andy's in black and brown. I personally prefer medium round living rubber with silicone for flash / color pops. The flat rubber does really well for skipping lighter jigs like 1/4 and 3/8ths and decent for swimming jigs just not what i wanted for a flippin jig.

BDBR if you want a few feet of the brown and black PM me.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER

cool thanks
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

I tie alot of Lion collar finesse jigs in the winter
And the flat rubber doesn't have the action or
movement in the water like the fine grade round rubber has that a big reason I use and they have more brilliant color selection i like to mix my accents up. The accents match up well with the flow of the fine grade rubber. I like building them in 1/8oz. 3/16oz. 1/4 oz. arky head jigs. They work really well in 20 to 50 feet of water on several types of structure.
Also the fine grade rubber is 60 strand except blue which is 40 strand.That's a big reason why I use it in winter fishing there no other rubber with that type of action.
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
hydro

Post by hydro »

Yes Andy's flat cut medium rubber is so bad I bought 2 lbs of it a few years ago to supplement my dwindling supply of vintage flat cut rubber . Have tied and fished jigs with original living rubber versus Andys and see no difference .
Fish bite what you have confidence in and keep throwing (mystical powered rubber aside).
A jigs

Post by A jigs »

I am the President of Andy's Custom Bass Lures and was recently informed of some negative comments on this site regarding the Old School Flat Rubber that we sell.  We literally have thousands of customers that have ordered and use this product daily as we also do in tying our products. Therefore,  I felt the need to respond.
It is unfortunate that there are a few that are dissatisfied.  But at no time did any of these individuals... who also are endorsing another company site...ever complain to us.  If they had done so, we would of addressed any issues/concerns and if still dissatisfied, refunded their money. 
Now let's address the action of flat rubber to round rubber. Flat rubber has more action than round rubber as confirmed by pro bass fisherman Edwin Evers.   During several interviews, Edwin indicated he "won"  the classic on our jigs was because of the Flat Rubber. 
In conclusion,  everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion on what works best for them and we respect that.  Anyone that may desire a sample,  please email us at Andyscustombasslures@comcast.net and we would be happy to send you one.   Also available is a video on how to use this rubber.     Best regards,  Andy 
Spanky211

Post by Spanky211 »

Wow, what an awesome response from a business/business owner. I love it!

Cheers to all!

Travis Tate.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

I'm still going with round rubber from living rubber company you ask why the Andy's flat rubber in not near the quality of the living flat rubber from the late 70s early 80s when they discontinued the flat rubber back then in the late 80s early 90s those machines were destroyed.
And the another company emerged in Indonesia. That where the round rubber is made now today. Another big reason I use round rubber is the price.
Living rubber ia $23.00 a pound from living rubbers website. And they have brilliant colors. And10x the action over andy's flat rubber. That not my opinion that's a fact.
Andy's old school flat rubber colors don't jump out at you.from andy's website $49.00 a pound.
AJigs sorry buddy but ive been building jigs for a very long time. I'm sure you have alot of customer as do i. Dont take it personal I go with the product that work best for my company and my customers.
:roll: I'm sure ill take some flack over this post. But ill get over it.
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley