Nextgen lithium shipping issues?

riverguy225

Nextgen lithium shipping issues?

Post by riverguy225 »

I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue with nextgen lithium shipping or customer service? I had a legit warranty return and paid to send battery back, super frustrating after spending 1200 bucks. It was “approved” but they have not shipped the replacement? I have been working on this warranty return since January 15th.. they wanted me to “troubleshoot it” for another month before they had me send it back.

They haven’t shipped my replacement battery and keep telling me it is because of shipping delays from.. (insert reason). But I have heard of people who are buying them new are getting batteries? They have told me it is 2 weeks out 5 times. I have been waiting since February and thankfully my friend let me borrow some of his old AGMs or I’d still be down.

This is super frustrating and I am not trying to bad mouth anyone’s sponsor or whatever ties they have to this company but I have had it.

Can anyone say if they have bought a new 36v marine lithium battery since February and received it? Thanks-
Whoopbass

Re: Nextgen lithium shipping issues?

Post by Whoopbass »

Shipping issue???? Never heard that excuse before. Either they have it in stock to ship to you or they don't.
This has been going on 10 months? I would be pissed. I would try talking to someone else or talking to someone on their pro staff.
riverguy225

Post by riverguy225 »

Thanks, yes.. it has been very very frustrating. At first they seemed helpful and I tried to be understanding, but every reply I get from them is the same. “Shipping delay”, “it’s on the boat being shipped”, or the famous “you will see your shipping status change in 2 weeks”..

Just wondering if the people paying retail for a new battery experience this for 10 months? I have a feeling this is due to the the warranty return and not paying retail. I know even when I bought it new there were delays, but this has gone on for 10 long months. I have heard there are some more vocal fisherman that are not happy with nextgen, I personally know of one other fisherman waiting on his warranty return and he has been waiting 8 months.

Any thoughts?
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I would go back the dealer you bought it from, and get them to help.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
riverguy225

Post by riverguy225 »

Unfortunately, they are the dealer. I bought it from their online shop.
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Unfortunately, not surprising the best indicator of future behavior is past behavior. I would call my credit card company they can help. Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

If I had to wait that long…. I would be making a house call….. not good for business for sure!!!! Hope they get u set up soon!
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

riverguy225 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:40 pm Unfortunately, they are the dealer. I bought it from their online shop.
Another reason to buy from local brick and mortar stores. The markup the stores charge more than makes up for their support and service.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
rjt18b

Post by rjt18b »

I had a bad experience with them too. They claimed shipping issue on new product. Took me a long time to get my money back thru my credit card... Customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Good Luck!
riverguy225

Post by riverguy225 »

Thank you everyone for the responses, I’m glad it’s not just me. This has been very frustrating. There have been several people I have talked to off line who say they have had issues with NextGen as well.
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

riverguy225 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:12 pm Thank you everyone for the responses, I’m glad it’s not just me. This has been very frustrating. There have been several people I have talked to off line who say they have had issues with NextGen as well.
I would rather it be “just you” having a problem but when I read many many people are having a problem…. That is a problem…
Kevin J

Post by Kevin J »

Hi Riverguy225,

Yes our 36v batteries have been on an extended back order. And yes, back orders suck for all involved. Many of the delays have been unfortunate, for example we had an entire shipment of 36v and 12v cranking batteries pass all of our rigorous testing and inspections but failed the final test. We could have had them shipped and then replaced your battery however I would have been sending you a battery I knew would need replacing. While you had an issue with a battery already, quality control and delivering the best and safest products available will always be our top concern.

Our 36v batteries should be here anytime now. Last report was they were floating outside the port awaiting to be off loaded and on the way to us.

Again, we do apologize for all the delays and inconveniences. Nobody hates being back ordered on our most popular item more than me.

Feel free to email me directly and I can check where you are in the system. My email is: kevin@nextgenlithium.com

Kevin Johnson
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Writing note to self Don't buy 36v Nextgen lithium batteries not dependable. To many long winded excuses Fail test setting on ship in
harbor waiting to be unload.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
TritonBrent

Post by TritonBrent »

jiggin4bass wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:34 am Writing note to self Don't buy 36v Nextgen lithium batteries not dependable. To many long winded excuses Fail test setting on ship in
harbor waiting to be unload.
I have had mine for a few years now with zero issues. I think for most, once you do get them they work great! I'd guess every battery manufacturer out there has failures. But I get the frustration in regards to the supply issue and I know Kevin is frustrated too.
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

Kevin J wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:41 am Hi Riverguy225,

Yes our 36v batteries have been on an extended back order. And yes, back orders suck for all involved. Many of the delays have been unfortunate, for example we had an entire shipment of 36v and 12v cranking batteries pass all of our rigorous testing and inspections but failed the final test. We could have had them shipped and then replaced your battery however I would have been sending you a battery I knew would need replacing. While you had an issue with a battery already, quality control and delivering the best and safest products available will always be our top concern.

Our 36v batteries should be here anytime now. Last report was they were floating outside the port awaiting to be off loaded and on the way to us.

Again, we do apologize for all the delays and inconveniences. Nobody hates being back ordered on our most popular item more than me.

Feel free to email me directly and I can check where you are in the system. My email is: kevin@nextgenlithium.com

Kevin Johnson
wow....a entire shipment of 36v and 12v cranking batteries bad... not sure how many a entire shipment is...but it sounds like a lot and that's a problem for a lot of past or future customers...
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

I would ask for a refund in full. That still no excuse for a product to take that long to be restock. The Covid excuse run out over a year half ago.
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

jiggin4bass wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:59 pm I would ask for a refund in full. That still no excuse for a product to take that long to be restock. The Covid excuse run out over a year half ago.
Where I'm scratching my head is the OP has been waiting 10 months...Nextgen doesn't have any batteries in stock ? I mean.....if they had none in stock for 10 months waiting on shipments you would think they would be out of business with no product to sell... somethings "fishy"

I think their website even says ...next day shipping...In this industry... support the ones that support you ! Pretty simple.
Kevin J

Post by Kevin J »

We sell more than the two items we’re back ordered….. 🙄🙄🙄
stickbait wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:19 pm
jiggin4bass wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:59 pm I would ask for a refund in full. That still no excuse for a product to take that long to be restock. The Covid excuse run out over a year half ago.
Where I'm scratching my head is the OP has been waiting 10 months...Nextgen doesn't have any batteries in stock ? I mean.....if they had none in stock for 10 months waiting on shipments you would think they would be out of business with no product to sell... somethings "fishy"

I think their website even says ...next day shipping...In this industry... support the ones that support you ! Pretty simple.
Kevin J

Post by Kevin J »

Nope, no issue for any customers as none of them left the manufacturing facility which I clearly stated. Beautiful twist though..
stickbait wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:02 pm

Kevin Johnson
wow....a entire shipment of 36v and 12v cranking batteries bad... not sure how many a entire shipment is...but it sounds like a lot and that's a problem for a lot of past or future customers...
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

Kevin J wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:06 pm Nope, no issue for any customers as none of them left the manufacturing facility which I clearly stated. Beautiful twist though..
stickbait wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:02 pm

Kevin Johnson
I got no dog in this fight....just a old guy sitting on the outside looking in.... and it don't look to good from where I sit... but I do know a little bit about customer service.... someone with in the nextgen company should pick up the phone and get this man a battery some where, some how or get his money back so he can move on.. 10 months is not acceptable..PERIOD !!!!...carry on though sounds like your doing a great job at what your doing!!
NobodySpecial

Post by NobodySpecial »

This is the 5th or 6th similar complaint I've heard, personally, and it seems like everyone I talk to knows someone who has had issues with this company as well.

Didn't the owner, Kevin have the same reputation with his previous company that went under, World Boat Outlet or whatever it was called? I seem to recall the same type of complaints and reputation that he has with NextGen--and that was over a decade ago. American's have short memories...
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Hey Kevin stop taking the long way around the mountain and give the guy a full refund back so he can move on. Its obvious you have more excuses than you do answers to your problems.
:idea: Kevin writing note to self Get Attorney Filing Chapter 7 get protection from creditors.
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
riverguy225

Post by riverguy225 »

Thank you so much to all the folks that have replied and commenting to defend my position on this. It is beyond frustrating and I really appreciate the support.

I would accept a refund on the warranty return, but I have been told that is not an option from the company customer service representative. It is always “it’s right around the corner..” “it’s been shipped from the supplier and any day now they will be sent out” or the famous… “2 more weeks”.

Again THANK YOU to all of you on this thread for standing up to this and supporting calling on this company to do the right thing on a public forum… I really appreciate it!
drew

Post by drew »

PM sent
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

riverguy225 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:57 pm Thank you so much to all the folks that have replied and commenting to defend my position on this. It is beyond frustrating and I really appreciate the support.

I would accept a refund on the warranty return, but I have been told that is not an option from the company customer service representative. It is always “it’s right around the corner..” “it’s been shipped from the supplier and any day now they will be sent out” or the famous… “2 more weeks”.

Again THANK YOU to all of you on this thread for standing up to this and supporting calling on this company to do the right thing on a public forum… I really appreciate it!
Please keep us updated with the outcome of this matter.... It's only fair to the called out companies once they have fixed the issues at hand. Good or bad !

good luck
Mudsucker

Post by Mudsucker »

This has been an ongoing issue for a lot of people. I personally know more than 10 people waiting on replacements. It’s the same answer every time “2 weeks out” “stuck on the ships” “any day” and that’s if you’re lucky to even get a response. Lots of times it’s zero response regarding the issue. Hopefully the “issue” can get figured out or all these guys can get their $900 refunded to them.
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

Mudsucker wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:21 pm This has been an ongoing issue for a lot of people. I personally know more than 10 people waiting on replacements. It’s the same answer every time “2 weeks out” “stuck on the ships” “any day” and that’s if you’re lucky to even get a response. Lots of times it’s zero response regarding the issue. Hopefully the “issue” can get figured out or all these guys can get their $900 refunded to them.
Stuck on ships ??? Has me wondering are these batteries made in china kind of thing.... seems like some big numbers of bad batteries coming from somewhere.... even KJ says that a "entire shipment" was bad... ya maybe they didn't make it here but is sounds like the product has some problems for sure where ever they are being made.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

[/quote]
Stuck on ships ??? Has me wondering are these batteries made in china kind of thing....

I assume they all come from China and get rebranded here.
Better hope he got an entire bad shipment and will eventually make good because this has a WWBT kinda feel to it.
R73guide

Post by R73guide »

I saw some on the shelf at C&C for sale. Hope their not some of the “bad shipment”
riverguy225

Post by riverguy225 »

Does anyone know the individual who runs this nextgen company? They have literally stopped replying to any emails? They used to email back and lie about when it was coming.. but now it’s just silent. Sorry but I am pissed. I have a feeling, and have for awhile, that this is all just some shady game. I have given them the benefit of the doubt for 10 months. Can anyone who knows what’s going on post to this or Pm me? Super frustrating… thank you all in advance.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Calling Kevin Johnson Your long winded explanation and excuse is not getting it done for
this guy. If your a Rep for this company. Text the guy and make it right. Kevin I'm sure you've
had more than one failed venture in your
business career.
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

riverguy225 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:30 pm Does anyone know the individual who runs this nextgen company? They have literally stopped replying to any emails? They used to email back and lie about when it was coming.. but now it’s just silent. Sorry but I am pissed. I have a feeling, and have for awhile, that this is all just some shady game. I have given them the benefit of the doubt for 10 months. Can anyone who knows what’s going on post to this or Pm me? Super frustrating… thank you all in advance.

Just file a small claims court against him and be done with it
Oh_Son

Post by Oh_Son »

Checkout battle born batteries. Here is Zaldain and the owner talking about lithiums safety etc.. American made and not stuck on ships from CHINA.
drew

Post by drew »

Battleborns have a great reputation. All lithium cells for these batteries are sourced from china. BB is responsible for some of the assembly and QC. They use their own cases and BMS. There is a few china based companies that manufacture good quality batteries. I have been running SOK's for a year and they are very good quality and the best value for our application.
RANT55

Post by RANT55 »

I like how stickbait has no dog in the fight but yet is always there....
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

RANT55 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:34 am I like how stickbait has no dog in the fight but yet is always there....
I guess you’re right…. I do have a dog in this fight…. I would never by a product from this company nor do I want any of my friends or family or fellow bass fishermen to spend their money with a company that has crappy customer service and bad products …. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!! So I do stand corrected!
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

RANT55 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:34 am I like how stickbait has no dog in the fight but yet is always there....
Stickbait is OG NCBF and LL who has witnessed this type of Show a time or two before. It's good to see him chime in with "no dog in the fight" :D
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
TritonBrent

Post by TritonBrent »

ash wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:52 am
Stickbait is OG NCBF and LL who has witnessed this type of S*%t Show a time or two before. It's good to see him chime in with "no dog in the fight" :D

Stickbait LL?? I dont think so
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

im so old i am confusing him with StockOption -I hope you are weLL
Links to Check Out -
AvalancheAK

Post by AvalancheAK »

Same here. Steve and Kevin both. Placed an order for 12V 300AH batteries, $21,000 worth on 12/13/23. Since making the payment I’ve heard exactly nothing. After three emails to them I finally got a reply from Kevin on 12/20/23

“I see the order and payment went through. You have been working with Steve, I believe that was the issue as he's been out on a family emergency. He will be back tomorrow and i will make sure he follows up. ”

That’s the last (and only thing) I’ve heard, despite multiple additional emails. About to call our lawyer, Better Business Bureau, and credit card company. But I’d rather just have the batteries. They should have been here by now.
RMANZO

Post by RMANZO »

AvalancheAK wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:24 am Same here. Steve and Kevin both. Placed an order for 12V 300AH batteries, $21,000 worth on 12/13/23. Since making the payment I’ve heard exactly nothing. After three emails to them I finally got a reply from Kevin on 12/20/23

“I see the order and payment went through. You have been working with Steve, I believe that was the issue as he's been out on a family emergency. He will be back tomorrow and i will make sure he follows up. ”

That’s the last (and only thing) I’ve heard, despite multiple additional emails. About to call our lawyer, Better Business Bureau, and credit card company. But I’d rather just have the batteries. They should have been here by now.
$21,000 worth??😳😳
“BOOK IT”
offthehookbassadventures.com
Facebook OFF THE HOOK BASS ADVENTURES
Instagram Robert Mansor
riverguy225

Post by riverguy225 »

Oh man!! I am so sorry to hear that. That is truly sad and this Kevin guy has a pretty bad reputation as I am learning. Other fisherman send me videos, TikTok and social media videos of what he is advertising about his life.. but he will not return emails or calls except for a select few. He seems to respond to people that have a voice in the tournament community. He lies to them like he lied to me for over a year now. He flat out doesn’t respond to my emails now through next gen support. I sent as recent as last week.. and nothing. Not even the “two weeks out” lie they used to reply with.

This guy will get his, there are some things brewing. I encourage you to message the people that PM you regarding Mr. Johnson and your post. He has not made many friends and I am sorry he seems to have got you for that amount. I think you will have a strong case based on that figure and if we organize I think we can make sure he doesn’t do this to others while fighting for our refunds.

Thanks!
Bigdirty

Post by Bigdirty »

He’s to busy trying to get his ring back
DRAGGIN3

Post by DRAGGIN3 »

Is NextGen out of business ? Can’t seem to call or get email reply.
My 36v is dead. Not sure if asleep. Just asking you all do I need a 36v charger or can I link 3 12v and connect to wake it up?
My power-pole charger will not identify it…thanks in adbay
JL

Post by JL »

Bigdirty wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:59 pm He’s to busy trying to get his ring back
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mudsucker

Post by Mudsucker »

Seems like Kevin has deleted his website and disconnected the company email and cellphone number. He owes tons and tons of batteries and money. Something needs to happen with this whole situation. I’m not sure he exact number of batteries he owes but I’d guess hundreds, which means hundreds of thousands of dollars owed to people. Get the word out to your buddies and make sure no one buys anymore of his products. The whole thing is a complete scam.
JL

Post by JL »

Mudsucker wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:31 am Seems like Kevin has deleted his website and disconnected the company email and cellphone number. He owes tons and tons of batteries and money. Something needs to happen with this whole situation. I’m not sure he exact number of batteries he owes but I’d guess hundreds, which means hundreds of thousands of dollars owed to people. Get the word out to your buddies and make sure no one buys anymore of his products. The whole thing is a complete scam.
:x So that vacation in Cabo wasn't ALL THAT, HUH? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

DRAGGIN3 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:32 am Is NextGen out of business ? Can’t seem to call or get email reply.
My 36v is dead. Not sure if asleep. Just asking you all do I need a 36v charger or can I link 3 12v and connect to wake it up?
My power-pole charger will not identify it…thanks in adbay
Draggin:
I own neither NextGen batteries or a Power Pole Charger ....... I have heard however that the PP Charger may have issues talking to some batteries ..... including Next Gen
riverguy225

Post by riverguy225 »

I am so glad this is getting some attention. This company is fraudulent. I really hope this thread gets out to people in the fishing community because all they have done is lie to me about my warranty return. And I agree with mudsucker.. he probably owes hundreds. “2 weeks out” “ship is en route” “any day now”.. and the list goes on for the word for word replies from Nextgen, but here we are 14 months later and no warranty return.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Go to their Facebook page, it looks like some guys are activley persuing this with the AZ District Attorney. You may want to connect with them or at least check out the info.
Links to Check Out -