I saw the proverbial cloud last night....WWN4 what's a limit

Fast Eddie

I saw the proverbial cloud last night....WWN4 what's a limit

Post by Fast Eddie »

Ah, WWN 4, off to the Basshole to buy a C-note of frogs. Walked in like I was holding a cane sweeping back and forth and had a nice chat with Rob. He is really a good hearted guy. But wait! #1, Something must be happening as there were no delays on Hgwy 4. Are things looking up? (more onlooking up later) Josh pulled in within minutes of my arrival and I began loading up his boat. Told him he needed a bigger boat, so I could bring more "stuff". (you know like a buzzbait rod, swimbait rod, spinnerbait rod, flippin stick, a punch rig, a couple of senko rods, a couple of chatterbait rods, plopper set up, jig set up, popper, glidebait, spook crankbait and oh yeah drop shot with a pink worm :lol: ) Just never seem to have the right set up. Chatted with the "bearded one" and Dennis and Jake (I think it was Jake :oops: ). Talked you tube, Go pros etc. Good guys. Wait! Launch time, 8:40 weigh in but as usual in the wrong line. #2, Lately there is always someone who pulls up to Richard, gets out and I don't know what. Mean time the other line is moving along. No matter Josh has one fast boat. As we head up the river, we pass 4 or 5 boats and there appears to be no one in front of us. It was a Lynard Skinner type night (call me the breeze) so chop is at a minimum. First stop Josh tells me he pre fished the spot. and within minutes we have our first keeper. This was on a Japanese spinner bait, and he's whacking them. Problem is they're 6-10 inches. We need 6-10 lbers.(Josh actually catches a second keeper that won't weigh a pound....yikes) Now for me, I'm punching, chatterbaitin, froggin and getting plenty of shoulder exercise. Next spot, nada, 3rd spot Nada, anyway somewhere along the line we Josh catches #3. Spot 4 if frog heaven. The matts are perfect. As Josh throws his frog the familiar slurp in the mat can be heard. Just won't come through to get it. Five minutes go by and when my froggy get the slurp sound. I stop the bait , count to 5 and twitch slightly and kersplash, Bobby's Perfect perfectly disappears, line tightens and I set. Through the mate and about 2 feet in the air comes a 1.10. That was it for the night.(By now my arm felt like I'd pitched 8 staight innings with 9 outs per inning. (Ahhhh Advil :) ) At the last spot we release our fish and head for the ramp.
Now here comes the cloud. So I've packed up the Roush, and chatting with Josh, when he says "What's that?" He's pointing up in the sky to the west. He comes this glowing hazy light slow and steady, gliding right over our heads. I grab the phone and try to take vide, but it won't show. So I took some photo's. It disappeared towards the east. I'm thinkin that it was that proverbial cloud that hangs over my head while fishing saying, I'm still here, wait til next week :shock: .
Congratulations to Christian and Hunter 26.20, Lemaj and Kent 19.55, Phil and Aaron 19.26, Firuz and Albert 19.15, Angelo and Albert 17.37 and Mike and Steve 16.93. BF 8.10 and 8.03.
So how does Phil, Aaron Angelo consistently get big bags. Experience, years on the water. That's how. Kudos to those guys.
TL
FE