Spotless

fishwithwill

Spotless

Post by fishwithwill »

Not that I lit them up but I caught an unusual number of handsome 10-12 inch largemouth clones this summer from Folsom. Are the clubs or state planting largemouth in the lake or is there some remarkable spawn the last few years? I don't have too many years on the lake but my catches the past 4 years has mostly been spots. Where these largemouth coming from? Believe me I know there are plenty of largemouth in Folsom but the frequency of largemouth clones seems unusual. Folsom Bass Team, ya'll still planting fish? By the way, does anyone know where all the spots went? Deep? Anyone on a deep bite, throw us a bone, c'mon, give it up. How deep? (Do I sound desperate or what? I am.)
Spotless in Folsom,
William Wright
Calistar

Re: Spotless

Post by Calistar »

Will,
The reports I've been getting have all said an unusual amount of Largies being caught. Not sure whats going on out there, but its a trend that I like to see. The Spots are getting bigger (and meaner) and the Largemouth are making their presence known. Outstanding.
Fishin' Dave

Post by Fishin' Dave »

I don't know Folsom, but I've heard the same reports around Mother Lode lakes like Hogan and Melones. The blessing of plenty of water and better water management (at least at Melones) has really helped the largies. Johnny C made a post about it last year; he told us to take care of these 6-9 in largies that had hatched because they will grOW!
Don't be lame. It's just fishing; you are not the new mesiah you know! Check your attitude at the door Mr. Spinners on da boat trailer.
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

Hey William, I got the same report yesterday from a friend.
You got me, I'm new up here but it's a nice trend.
I wish I could help you with the spots, but I have'nt been on the lake since April. Maybe this weekend, Mike.
I had to come back...I know...
crawdaddy

Post by crawdaddy »

Same with my last time out at McClure. Tons of largies (and some decent size to them) and very few spots. :D
I would rather jog home from my own Vasectomy than spend Saturday at the mall.
Scott Shambre

The last 4 trips for me....

Post by Scott Shambre »

Have produced one Spotted Bass and a bunch of 12-15 inch Largemouths.

Most of the blacks I have caught have been up shallow on topwater throughout the day. I moved off deep to offshore structure and have found the Spots, but not in the size I would like to see. Most of the big Spots are suspended right now chsing the SHAD schools and the fish you catch on the deeper rockpiles will be eating Pond Smelt and craws.

The only explaination for the high number of Largemouths I can think of is the two awesome spawns we have had in the last two years. High stabile water has kept the water in the trees & weeds giving the little guys someplace to hide while they grow. There have also been great bluegill spawns to go with this, so the little guys have had alot of good food to eat. They're pretty aggressive too, I caught one black that was 2 inches long, but he was trying to eat a Pointer 78.

In any case enjoy this, Folsom is gonna get real good in the coming years for a great mix of blacks, Spots & Smallies.

Scott Shambre
FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE
www.folsombassleague.com
Is there a Lost Land of retards????