Diego vs. Karo. Watch again. Karo won!

Sports talk forum
Brian Linehan

Diego vs. Karo. Watch again. Karo won!

Post by Brian Linehan »

Watched Karo and Diego again. I have to tell you, when I watched the fight live, I felt that Diego pulled it off. However, after watching the fight again on my Tivo while pausing and slowing the footage down, Karo won round 1 and easily took round 2. The only round Diego won was round 3 because Karo gassed. The only advantage Diego had in round 1 was the nice shot he delivered under Karo's right eye. Karo was stunned, but he was able to land more shots as well as a couple clean Judo throws. The UFC judging is complete bologna. I believe one of the judges actually gave every round to Diego! That's not right. Watch the fight again and let me know what you think.
Guy Williams

Re: Diego vs. Karo. Watch again. Karo won!

Post by Guy Williams »

I thought the same thing Brian. I've seen some weird scoring but damm, 27-30 in that fight? Karo would win if a rematch comes around, but still Diego is very good. How good depends on him but someday a champ.
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
sTony

Re: Diego vs. Karo. Watch again. Karo won!

Post by sTony »

That's what I thought the night the fight was live. In the first round it took Karo a bit of time to recoup from the bleeding but I thought he won that round also and he was dominate in the second round. Apparently the judges really put a lot of emphasis on him running out of gas in the third round. It was a great fight to watch and wished I had recorded it to see it again.

Sometimes I wonder what the judges see that I don't as this isn't the first time that I've questioned their decision. Thank goodness most of the UFC fights end before it's left to their judges.

sTony
Pete Marino

I also think Karo won the fight...........

Post by Pete Marino »

It was awesome to see him drop Diego on his dome multiple times before he gassed and before they got slippery. I think he owned Diego in the first two rounds. He had at least two extremely clean judo throws that were text book and two that werent so clean where Diego landed head first onto the mat. Which the more I think of it were probably text book as well. I think Karo wanted to punish Diego and making him land head first on the mat was the best way to do it.

8) Pete 8)
Brian Linehan

Re: I also think Karo won the fight...........

Post by Brian Linehan »

F Diego! :D