FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE RESULTS ARE UP!!!!

Scott Shambre

FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE RESULTS ARE UP!!!!

Post by Scott Shambre »

On www.folsombassleague.com .

19 teams took off this morning with Scott Green and Adam Perry taking top honors with a 16.40 lb. limit anchored by the second big fish of the event which was a 4.78 lb. Largemouth. Scott & Adam took $600 for first place and another $140 for the second big fish for a total of $740.

Mike & R.J. Bennett came home to claim second place with 11.52 lbs. For that Mike & R.J. took home a check for $300.

Dean Babcock and Rob Sprock took third place with 10.58 lbs. which earned them $100.

Big fish of the event was a 5.06 largemouth caught by Jay LeClerc on a darthead in some trees. That fish cashed Jay a check for $240 and the Markey Baits Big Fish Plaque.

Thanks to all of the anglers that came out to play today and we look forward to seeing all of you out at the FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE season opener on October 29th. Look for information about that event and the entire schedule on www.folsombassleague.com. You can also get entry forms, rules and informative articles from Folsom's top pro's on catching Folsom Bass. See ya out there in October.

Scott Shambre
FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE
www.folsombassleague.com
Is there a Lost Land of retards????
Shasta-Pro

Re: FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE RESULTS ARE UP!!!!

Post by Shasta-Pro »

WOW! Seem to be alot of "skimming" off the entries. $600 for 1st $350 2nd and $100 3rd?? and $240 for big fish. Where is the rest of the money??
Scott Shambre

You forgot....

Post by Scott Shambre »

$140 for second big fish that first place took home also.

As for the rest, here is a breakdown for the uneducated in the expense in running any event in this state anymore.

Fish and Game permit......$45
State Park Permit.............$185
Insurance.........................$26 for month of Sept.
Staffing.............................$175

TOTAL...............................$431

Total entry...19 boats X $80....$1520
Big fish 19 teams X $20.........$ 380 (Paid back 100%)
3 places paid...........................$1000
minus expense for event.........$ 431

My "pocketed" money..............$ 89

Shasta- Pro stick to what you know sir, things are not like the old days here at Folsom, it is the most expensive lake in the state to run an event.

Scott Shambre
FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE
www.folsombassleague.com
Is there a Lost Land of retards????
MIKE TREMONT

Re: You forgot....

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

Nice shot Scott.

What is up with that shastapro? I've been visiting this site for awhile and don't get some of the shots that Scott takes.

I know he doesn't need me watching his back, if you think your remarks were warranted please share. I'm not hiding behind any forum handle, that's my real name. I have no affiliation with the FBL except that I fished some of there events last year and will do so this year as well.

I really am curious, can you elaborate?
I had to come back...I know...
Scott Shambre

Ignore him Mike...

Post by Scott Shambre »

He registered on Sept. 6th and has made 2 posts since then. Shasta-Pro is just Mike "on the river" using an alias to be a drive-by poster.

Scott Shambre
Last edited by Scott Shambre on Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shasta-Pro

Post by Shasta-Pro »

I've been fishing tournaments for over 20 years and know you dont pay for staffing. But, I'm not going to bust your balls about making $264 for a days work. Its the american dream. If you can fing 19 teams to fish for $600 for first place, more power to you.
Scott Shambre

I do not believe....

Post by Scott Shambre »

In "staff" teams and do not expect people to "give" their time for free. That $175 paid for two people that I could not live without to make the FBL work. If you've been fishing tournaments for over 20 years as you say Shasta-Pro, then you know that no one fishes team tournaments to make a living, they do it to have fun doing something they love to do....which is fish!!!!!

Besides, if you divide $264 by three, we each made $88 for the day which was about $7.33 per hour. If you think that $7/hour is the American dream, you have got some pretty low standards Shasta-Pro. My crew is good at what they do and I appreciate their efforts to keep the anglers happy and my sponsors happy because not many people will give up a Sunday for $7/hour.

If you want to be taken seriously, please post your real name (Mike on the river) otherwise people will take you for a kook.

Scott Shambre
Last edited by Scott Shambre on Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
Calistar

Post by Calistar »

I've been fishing tournaments for over 20 years and know you dont pay for staffing.
I beg your pardon, but what was that money that was paid to me and my son yesterday? (and during the regular season, the other member of the staff, Bill Rumsey is also paid). Scott said from the get-go that he wanted a paid staff so that our anglers on Folsom can get the first rate attention. It works for us...not sure why you would question it.

I design and operate the website (Scott pays the server fees as well out of his own pocket) and I help with registration, time-check at the end of the tournament, weigh-master, and assist Scott whenever he needs it. My Son, Eric, delivers the bags to the anglers, is the staff photographer, and yesterday was the weighmaster (and did a tremendous job I might add). Plus we both help with Set-up of the weigh in booth and banners.

Shasta Pro, we at the FBL do not do this to make a lot of money...believe me, we do it because it helps to offset our fishing "habit" and to offer an opportunity for anyone who wants to fish Folsom.
Last edited by Calistar on Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

ShastaPro, don't be an A**....Those of us who actually fish FBL appreciate that Scott, Greg and the rest of his staff put these on so that we can fish regular tournaments at Folsom. Take your bashing somewhere else......

James Huffmon
bahlzar

Post by bahlzar »

well said james

Post by BassNuts »

Shasta-Pro wrote:WOW! Seem to be alot of "skimming" off the entries. $600 for 1st $350 2nd and $100 3rd?? and $240 for big fish. Where is the rest of the money??
Shasta pro is prob just Vince or one of his cronies that work for him trying to get the bad press away from the FPT. It wont work.
Brian

Post by Brian »

BassNuts wrote:
Shasta-Pro wrote:WOW! Seem to be alot of "skimming" off the entries. $600 for 1st $350 2nd and $100 3rd?? and $240 for big fish. Where is the rest of the money??
Shasta pro is prob just Vince or one of his cronies that work for him trying to get the bad press away from the FPT. It wont work.

Thanks for breaking down the payback Scott. Bassnuts, maybe that is what vince should do instead of remaining silent when he is being bashed.
Brian
Gator

Post by Gator »

Ya know what - all this skimming talk has me pissed. Is someone or some organization supposed to give you a run and managed event for free? When is the last time you went to McDonalds and said "I'll only pay 75 cents for that $1.00 cheeseburger because I don't want to pay for the labor to make it and serve it to me"

Yes, there are sponsor contributions. For a group like FBL, I would assume (NOTICE I SAID ASSUME) that little if any is cash. Most likely a little product to get their name on the tourney.

I do not or will not promote any organization that I do not or have not fished. Based on this, I will wholeheartedly throw my name and support behind Korny and 100% Bass - because I have experienced his tourneys and enjoyed the way they were run.

I have never fished a FBL event. I hope to. You figure a guy that lives less than 5 minutes from the main ramp could fish a few more but oh well, thats life.

All I am trying to say is look at the events as a business. Businesses exist to make a profit. If a profit is not made a business folds. Plain and simple. Do not begrudge a group for making enough to stay afloat, begrudge an organization that makes enough profit to make Don King look like a blood donor.

Sorry for getting up on a soap box but this crap has to end. Enjoy the orgs that we have, choose the ones you want based on the information that is out there and GO FISIHING!!
Spot Hunter

Post by Spot Hunter »

Well said Gator!!!
Max

Re: I do not believe....

Post by Max »

Great job Scott. Shasta-Pro is obviously just another invertebrate using the anonymity of the internet to insult people. I have fished your tournament and found it to be well organinized and staffed by people who genuinely care about providing a positive experience on Folsom. The cost vs payout was very reasonable. At this level, no one gets rich fishing anyway - we just wave the potential payouts in front of the wife to let us park the boat in the garage.

Max

"never argue with someone who's opinions you don't respect"
sTony

the Net leaves a wide trail...

Post by sTony »

I always get a kick out of this sort of thread. Scott comes in to make an announcement about his tournament results and someone, who will never have any intention of fishing in the FBL, jumps in and takes a shot at him trying to imply that he's ripping off people.

On an $80 entry with 19 boats there isn't a whole lot of dollars to go around and Folsom does indeed charge some fees that we don't have to pay elsewhere. Scott didn't make much of anything from this and seems to have been pretty darned up front about where the dollars went.

Funny thing is this guy speaks like he's some sort of authority on how everyone else runs their business. There may be some that don't pay for staffing but others absolutely do or they wouldn't have staffing.

Rest assured Scott, this isn't one of your customers and likely never will be so I wouldn't put an ounce of consideration into his posts.

Down here on the Delta we've gotten used to his posts of this nature although he usually has the fortitude to post under his real name. Why he's suddenly assumed this moniker of Shasta-Pro I really don't get as he isn't anywhere near Shasta and he's certainly not what ANYONE would consider a pro, he's even made that claim himself.

Continue to use this handle of Shasta-Pro and you will be officially outed on this forum. I think we gave enough info as it is to turn you out to those that regularly use this forum.

sTony
Hipster

Re: the Net leaves a wide trail...

Post by Hipster »

Heck Stony I knew who it was right out of the box, and I do not have the tech knowlege that you have at your fingertips.

Hipster felt the need to post had not done it in awhile :twisted: :twisted:
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
Terry Smith

Re: the Net leaves a wide trail...

Post by Terry Smith »

People that like to put down how thing are ran are the same people who I have had to deal with for years coaching Girls Fastpitch Softball. Everyone is an expert as they sit on the side line criticizing how things are ran so what I have to say to the people are if you think you can run A circuit any better than Scott FLB or Vince with FPT or any other curcuit" STEP UP OR SHUT UP!" Run one yourself if it is so easy.This is only my second season fishing bass competitions and I will be looking to fish in some other tournaments as my skills improve.I have and will fish in Scott's FLB (very organized)and I am currently fishing FPT (28th I might add :lol: )which is much more organized this year.

Terry Smith <*{{{{{><
http://www.basscat.com
http://www.tntbaits.com/
Lounge Lizard Extreme Bass Fishing
(916) 719-7225
TheFLY

Proof is in the numbers ...

Post by TheFLY »

One additional thing I really appreciate about Scott's tournaments is that there are no hidden dollars anywhere ...

* no late fees
* no membership fees
* so far, big fish has been built right into the entry fee

Hence, you can sit down with your Excel Spreader (or calculater depending on your generation) and figgure out if the payback is fair and is something you want to support.

Those of us who fish it don't have to worry about the endless options and other fees that always seem to make me wonder.

It's a good system Scott. And with that said ... if you wanted to charge a membership fee ... I'd pay it without a word ... it's freaking fair b/c your circuit is the only one where you can consistently fish against 35 to 45 boats on Folsom (during the regular season).

-Craig Gottwals
Scott Shambre

I thought that this was a case....

Post by Scott Shambre »

of a known person using an alias to take a shot. I pretty much know who it is now and I invite this individual to send me a PM or even email me becuase it takes a heartless, gutless jerk to pull something like this off. Too bad this guy probably lives in a campershell under a tree "on the river".

Scott Shambre
Jeff Jewell

Re: I thought that this was a case....

Post by Jeff Jewell »

Scott,
While I don't fish your events, ( I can't catch fish at Folsom) I've only heard good things from folks that do, Don't sweet this guy,
He's just Beating a DEAD HORSE Image
When in Doubt " Set the Hook"
Scott V.

Post by Scott V. »

Jeff: I love the dead horse. Used that phrase many times on this forum.

Scott V.
CN

Post by CN »

That this was a FISHING WEBSITE NOT JUST A TOURNAMENT WEBSITE.Why is this not the case anymore.

I guess i just fall into the mold of hitting a post with alot of response's hoping for contraversy and yea here i am again.

Seem's any negative response to ANY tournament question end's up in turmoil.For the life of me,and no i dont fish tournament's,why are the guy's that get up so darn early to be the first there,spend time to put these event's together, be the last to leave,the jerk's for making a buck.

Obvioslly Shasta-pro you are not doing this for a living or maybe you should be in the back seat if you are.Alot of people are pissed at BASS,FLW,STREN ya think they are doing it out of the love for the sport :?: ,no it's the allmighty buck.

Would you be pissed at a guy that bought a marina up on the Delta and built a lighted covered weigh in area for tournament's and catered only to Bass fisherman and tournament's and made a decent living at it :?: Guess my dream just went to hell :shock:
sTony

Post by sTony »

CN wrote:
Would you be pissed at a guy that bought a marina up on the Delta and built a lighted covered weigh in area for tournament's and catered only to Bass fisherman and tournament's and made a decent living at it :?: Guess my dream just went to hell :shock:
The guy that runs the place you describe wasn't the type to honor an agreement once he made it. And amazingly he did it one by one to everybody that ever ran a tournament down there and drove everyone off into the open and waiting arms of Russo's Marina. Where, coincidentally, there is also a couple of lighted covered areas to do a tournament weigh in and the folks running it actually keep the agreements they make. Folks don't mind paying a fee for a service but it does help to be up front about the costs of the services and that wasn't the case at that place you described. Your dream would remain intact and likely flourish if you just did fair business with people, so don't give it up, hahaha.

sTony