Last days for C.A.S.T. sign up!!!!

Homer

Last days for C.A.S.T. sign up!!!!

Post by Homer »

The sign up time for boaters and shoreline volunteers is FAST approaching it’s final days. We are looking at this coming Saturday, September 23 as the deadline for registration. I know that there is a lot of interest by the fishing community to help, but to date we have 10 boaters registered. Please sign up soon since we can only invite an equal number of kids to boaters.
Date: October 7th
Time: Boaters should try to be there around 7:00 a.m. We will have a more exact time when we know how many participants are invited.

Please contact : Mike Iljin F.O.C.L., Castaic Bass Club
e-mail waterratz@thevine.net
213-760-8845 cell

Clay Freidman F.O.C.L.
e-mail clatif@comcast.net

Lori Bennett Castaic Lake
661-257-4050 x221
See you there !!!!
Mike Iljin

Catch a Special Thrill for Kids (C.A.S.T.) is coming to
Castaic Lake in October!

C.A.S.T is a memorable day of fishing
that pairs Tournament Bass Fishermen
and children with disabilities.
Sponsors, including the Departments of Water Resources, Parks & Recreation, Fish & Game, and Boating and Waterways, Los Angeles County Parks and Recreation, Friends of Castaic Lake and many local organizations and businesses, are gearing up to let children with disabilities go catch the big one!
Please do not let this opportunity get away.
The day consists of lots of fishing from boats with expert anglers, games, and plenty of fun.
A barbecue lunch is served after the fishing trips.
Besides making many new friends, each child will receive an award for participating.

C.A.S.T. at Castaic Lake will be held
October 7, 2006 from 8 a.m to 1 p.m.

We are currently in the planning process
and would like to match Fisherman & Boats
with participants for the event.
"Weigh'em & Pay'em"
Mike Iljin
Castaic Bass CLub
Ron T.

Re: Last days for C.A.S.T. sign up!!!!

Post by Ron T. »

Only 10 boaters signed up ? Come on guys! Why does it have to be a tournament to get you all out there , Castaic averages 30 plus boats on any given tournament day . This may not be bassing for abused kids with a pay check but the true reason for participating is there 100 percent . Put your egos aside and get involved ! Im sure there are more than 10 kids that would give anything to go fishing . Lets see some of you big shooters step up huh ! One less fortunate kid , one fish to make his / her day , to much to ask ?
JeffJ

Post by JeffJ »

Mike me sign up! I will be there and I am personally going to call and e-mail guys to see if I can get more.
Jeff Jue
Skeeter Boats
Bob's Machine Shop
Powell Rods
Perigrine 250
California Reservoir Lures
Amphibia Eye Wear
Bob La Londe

Post by Bob La Londe »

Its a little far for me to travel these days, but I copied your post over onto the forums on my website. Can't hurt to get a little more exposure.

On the flip side... 7 boats is always better than no boats. Some success is better than none. Personally I hope you get a hundred boats out there, but only a few is not a failure. Its just a smaller degree of success when you are trying to do a good thing.
Bob La Londe
http://www.YumaBassMan.com
Forums, Links, Contests

http://www.YumaProAm.com
Yuma Pro Am - Draw Team Series
Homer

Post by Homer »

Thanks guys for your support with this truly worthwhile event. For those of you still signing up please call or e-mail with the following info so that we can send you the updated schedule.

Name:
Contact phone #
e-mail Address
Boater or Non Boater

Send or call:

Mike Iljin Castaic Bass Club/ F.O.C.L 213-760-8845 cell waterratz@thevine.net
And/or
Tina Nuss Castaic Lake 661-257-4050 tnuss@lacountyparks.org

Thank you,
Mike
"Weigh'em & Pay'em"
Mike Iljin