Allow me to be the first to congratulate Mike and his A's...

Sports talk forum
Ron C

Allow me to be the first to congratulate Mike and his A's...

Post by Ron C »

...who should clinch the AL West this weekend. I wish the A's nothing but the worst of luck in the playoffs, where they will undoubtedly be three and out against either the Tigers or Twins. It will be fun to watch the A's best players bail on the team during the off season.

GO DODGERS!
Hollywood

Re: Allow me to be the first to congratulate Mike and his A'

Post by Hollywood »

Go Baystars Go, Go Baystars Go! Baystars Ichibon.......

Shoot, forgot they don't play in the MLB but if they did they would put a whooping on both the A's and Dodgers!

Just having fun!
DL

Post by DL »

As much as I hate to give up, the Angels are all but finished. Unless things get really weird, the A's will most likely wrap it up soon. But Mike, dont break your arm patting yourself on the back... There will be no earthquake this year to save you...and the perverbial collapse will have to wait until October.

Arte has promised BIG moves in the offseason and we will see what happens. As long as a big move does not mean trading kids for stiffs like Bottenfield, I dont care what he does as long as he gets a bat. We dont need pitching.

PS. Juan Rivera needs to check himself. I liked him better when he came off the bench...
"Feel the steel"
Ron C

Hey DL...

Post by Ron C »

...how about we keep Kendrick at 1B when Arte buys Alfonso Soriano for 2B? He just became a 40/40/40 guy (HR, SB, doubles). It's going to cost Arte a bundle to get Soriano, but the guy is proven. Take away all of the unearned runs this season and the Angels would have won the division.

We'll get 'em next year when the A's field a team that resembles this year's Tampa Bay team. (I can't wait to see Zito in Dodger Blue!).

GO DODGERS!
g-man

Re: Hey DL...

Post by g-man »

mike, its looks over for the angels from here. :cry: next year we'll get the division back. i will be cheering for the As to lose. they won't make it past the first round buddy.
Mike

Post by Mike »

You must be thinking about the old owners of the A's. The new owner (Wolf) is who went out and got Frank Thomas (38hrs and 107 RBI's) this spring. That's what they needed to get them over the edge this year. With our pitching, defence and timley hitting, we will go far into the playoffs!

Go ahead and take Zito, he aint even our best pitcher! We will just bring up another stud from our farm system.
g-man

Post by g-man »

still alive, but most likely not for long.
Dan McKenzie

Post by Dan McKenzie »

The Angels are welcome to any cast off or scraps the A's choose not to keep. They have an excellent farm system, they have proven you don't have to be in the 100 million club to be competitive in MLB. LA fans I will enjoy every minute of post season play, even if it is one round and out they are an exciting team full of good young players with just the right amount of seasoned veterans. Watch a little, you'll actually enjoy it, who knows you may even become A's fans next year. The way things are going down south there may not be any ball to watch in October.
DL

Post by DL »

Ron, I dont care where they play Kendrick...its tough to learn first when your first start there is in the bigs!! I just want another bat for this lineup... Time will tell if Artie is pulling our collective chains..

GO MARINERS!!! (for the next few nights)

We still got a chance...
"Feel the steel"
BigJeff

Post by BigJeff »

I'd hold that congrats for a day or two. If the Halo's pick up another game before the weekend on Oakland they could go into a 4 game series 4 games back. They would need a sweep and to win a one game playoff to get in. Its not likely to happen, but go ask Yankee fan about that ALCS they lost to Boston 2 years back.
g-man

Post by g-man »

the angels are still alive!!
BigJeff

Post by BigJeff »

Well that didnt last long
g-man

Post by g-man »

yeah, we will see how long the As last in the playoffs. my guess is one series. Mike, good luck, you will need it.
JimmyReese

Re: A's Are in the playoffs!

Post by JimmyReese »

and that is all that matters! ........

At least 3 more games I get to watch that have meaning!....

Everyone is bashing the team already and they havn't even sarted playing yet! You know what? Who cares!!!!!
I hope they are successful so I can watch more than 3 games, but if not...I am still excited to watch 3 more "MEANINGFUL" games. That is 12 more HOT LINKS, and 12 more beverages that my kids and I get to consume while watching and being entertained by our AMERICAN LEAGUE WESTERN CHAMPION OAKLAND A's....and......Zito in Blue will never happen! :lol:

This beats watching the Dodgers or any national league team.....borrrrriiinng!!!!

GO A'S....Jimmy Reese
Cooch

Jimmy's right, bottom line.....

Post by Cooch »

The A's ARE the ALW Champs. If'n yer team was't good enough ta git in to the post season, ya aughta just shut up and go fishing, it's surely to be more pleasurable! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And ta think ole Marino believes we are the myopian kings of the west. This friggen plague never started up here with the Raider fans, it was spawn by the sports nuts of MLB to the south. Had it not been fer the Delta or ClearLake, that $hi+ woulda never made it north! Dodger Blue and Haylos, Myopian festerin heaven! HAR! HAR! HAR! HAR! HAR!